Reviews for Emerald Island (Indefinite Hiatus)
Guest chapter 9 . 11/12/2019
Can we take a moment to appreciate how Vlad called out Aizawa on Bakugou’s behavior?
Necrogod chapter 9 . 11/12/2019
Thanks for the chapter!
Deep Sea Diver Man chapter 9 . 11/12/2019
That all for one lines makes me think he got his quirk from him as some kind of side project would explain his dislike for all might to tho I not sure unless I missed a chapter anyways I should go back and read the story again
Komodo23 chapter 9 . 11/12/2019
Hi Carter! Neat chapter as always!
Soooo... Izuku can actually increase his control and precision over his telekinesis... By entering some kind of "Zen" state? Overflowing emotions?

...you know, after the OPM elements you inserted, I feel like this could be a Mob Psycho reference. With the difference that Mob simply stopped restraining himself when he "overflowed with emotions" and all that stuff.

Particularly interesting was the bit about the League, though. Maybe that's simply due your interpretation of his character, as he never really got to develop very much, but to me AfO's reaction was... Interesting. To say the least. And you also put particular focus on him being "pleased by the turn of events", and it's kind of weird of him to compliment Shigaraki's choice so out loud. Or express such a strong opinion on Izuku's supposed talent.

If I may lay down a quick theorical timeline...

Story for Izuku starts... As usual. Bakugou being a dick, Izuku crushed down by society, the whole thing.

Then, he meets All Might. Maybe the usual Sludge villain sheaningans, maybe a little sooner than canon (impossible to tell accurately the timeline right now), and while he manages to ask All Might about his chances to be a hero and receive the soul crushing answer, he doesn't get to see All Might deflate. Would explain why All Might doesn't seem to really recognize Izuku, the kid is just another of thousands he saved in a flash and traded a few words and platitudes with, not someone of importance that knows his secret.

Izuku is devastated and decides to run away from home. After some time, for some reason, he stumbles on AfO. Kurogiri doesn't seem to recognize Izuku, so maybe he just stumbled on the evil overlord's basement on his own while looking for a shelter? Too soon to tell.

Don't know how a casual meeting between them might have gone, maybe AfO decided to entertain himself for a few minutes by talking to this random, unlucky kid that just stumbled on him before killing him, but by talking he catches AfO's interest. Izuku would not be aware of the danger represented by this old, injured man whose house he rudely invaded (AfO is a sort of social chameleon, his looong experience taught him how to act and switch characters to endear or intimidate underlings and allies alike), but he seems kind enough and soon finds himself opening up to him about his frustrations about society, and soon arrives to All Might's answer to his question.

By now AfO can see the seeds of brilliance and resentment within Izuku, and decides to reveal what he knows about All Might, another former quirkless kid with an impossible dream of heroism, but that lucked out in receiving a quirk. How dare he then crush in such a way the hopes and dreams of Izuku. How hypocritical of him.

We know that AfO, at the beginning of his reign, regularly used his powers to grant quirks to quirkless people with a grudge against the quirked (it was a sequence during Izuku's OfA dreams, if I'm right) and this kid is just like that. A new brilliant underling just fallen on his lap.

Maybe he reveal himself, maybe makes Izuku the offer etc, but Izuku refuses because despite his grudge, he still is a good person. AfO decides that the boy's reluctance is just born of ingrained feeling of unwhortiness, but the anger and hurt are also too much rooted within for the boy to free himself, so decides to play the long game. He forces a quirk on Izuku, some old telekinesis he had no patience to learn to control, hoping to empower Izuku to sooner or later finally snap against the society that hurt him so, and teleports him away confident that one day the kid will be ready to go back to him.

Unlucky for AfO, he accidentally teleports him directly in front of Setsuna, that sees Izuku activate his powers for the first time in that alleyway and recognizes him months later at UA.

That makes sense with the depiction of Izuku so far. Having a quirk didn't make him happy, it just made him second guess everything and take what little good he finally receives as due to his quirk and not himself. He's not become happy with society, he's even more disgusted by himself and the chances he's given simply because of his power, always thinking how meaningless they are if he couldn' have had them before.

And his match with Bakugou would only demonstrate that yes, he IS following the path AfO expected him to, and that's why he's so satisfied.

Except, here comes Setsuna. Maybe Setsuna will act as THE monkey wrench in AfO plans, someone brash and taunting and invasive, but ultimately good. Someone that would not care for Izuku's attempts to hide away and stew on his feelings, forcing him to open up and becoming the reason for Izuku to keep walking the path of the hero and find happiness. Maybe we're already seeing this happening, with her being the only one to go out and look for him after his match.

I mean, most of this is just me theorizing and postulating, but I have the feeling I might not be so far away from the truth. Maybe. Hypothetically.

Sorry for the word vomit, hope you'll have a laugh at how wrong I am.
Keep being awesome!
uchihaNaruto247 chapter 9 . 11/12/2019
Man he went all dark Vader on bakugo
NotAFan chapter 9 . 11/12/2019
Midoriya just “Darth Vadered” Bakugou? My God!

Great, now the league is going to go after Midoriya during the camp. This is just great. And I don’t like that AfO moment at all. That shit felt like foreshadowing.

Overall I liked the tournament. I’m also glad that 1-B could hear Bakugou shittalking Midoriya. They already know that he’s an asshole so it shouldn’t be a surprise.
Guest chapter 9 . 11/12/2019
At the very least Midoriya’s gonna have two internship offers. Fubuki is still going to take him on because she probably see’s him as a potential protégé. And I don’t really think that Endeavor gives a damn that Midoriya did that during the fight. He probably loved it.

I’m glad that they’re finally going to have their first “Not-date”. Hopefully more will follow. And I’m looking forward to how you develop Setsuna’s character.

I have to give props to Bakugou. Him looking up how to fight people with telekinesis was actually a good call. And the fight itself was pretty good. Is Midoriya going to learn some moves during his internship? Fubuki dis say that a “force choke” was super difficult to do so he probably hasn’t really tapped into his powers yet.

When are we going to see Tatsumaki?!
Darth Sidious chapter 9 . 11/12/2019
*Palpatine Voice*

Yes Izuku, do it. Embrace the darkness. The force is strong with this one indeed.
Guest chapter 9 . 11/12/2019
I wouldn’t be surprised if he went home and cut himself after what happened. I can see some of the guys in 1-A being scared of him now though. And AfO finally makes his appearance!
ZaydenNightshade chapter 9 . 11/12/2019
I honestly don't like Shinsou. his sob story doesn't excuse his cocky asshole behavior. getting them to talk is one thing but his attitude after the matches tells the story. for a guy with a "villainous" quirk. he sure acts like a villain. brainwashing people against their will and using them to carry him through the first two events was pretty damn villainous.
TheGreatBubbaJ chapter 9 . 11/12/2019
Funny that when he snapped he had the control to not snap.
randomauthor99 chapter 9 . 11/12/2019
A beautiful chapter as always, as expected of you.

Btw, I want to write an MHA/Code Geass crossover, but can't decide on Lelouch's Quirk and his overall backstory and wether Geass will be a main part of the plot or not, and would like some suggestions.
PasiveNox chapter 1 . 11/12/2019
Noce
sparkydragon98 chapter 8 . 11/12/2019
This was an amazing chapter! I love how easily Midoriya defeated Todoroki and made most of Class 1-A (especially Bakugo) eat their words.

And yeah, Todoroki does need to touch something to use his ice, though there was one instance when he used it without touching the ground. Watch Todoroki vs. Bakugo at the Sports Festival.

Anyway, I can't wait for the next chapter!
White fox16 chapter 8 . 11/12/2019
The battles where good though would have liked something funny like Izuku being gentle at first but then slams Todoroki hard to the ground but knowing how Izukus personality is it makes sense maybe perhaps however with Bakugo Izuku wouldn’t have much opposition to humiliate. Liked how you used a reference to a Naruto character that was a good one. Don’t know about who Setsuna could intern under but for hero names for Izuku I have a few.
Captain Mystic The telekinetic hero