Reviews for Emerald Island (Indefinite Hiatus)
TheGreatBubbaJ chapter 7 . 11/9/2019
Hoo doggy those matchups. Also, excellent work with Tsunotori. The way she uses simple words and can still get her point across, even if her grammar messes up or she might stumble a bit is really well done, exactly like someone trying to learn the language. Like this story my friend told me about a mexican guy he worked with (who had a good grasp of the language but would sometimes forget words that aren't used often) who forgot the word for pony so he called it a compressed horse.
Attackin chapter 7 . 11/9/2019
I really liked Awase in this episode, even though Ida is a good counter towards him.
Guest chapter 7 . 11/9/2019
good job with awase
BoosterGold chapter 7 . 11/9/2019
Are we forgetting that Awase was about to take a chainsaw to the face in order to protect Momo in cannon? I’m glad that you have him a little bit of a moment in the spotlight. And you’re right his quirk was perfect for the cavalry battle.

I like that nod you did you Yoarashi. When you think about it. Honenuki might not have gotten into U.A. if Todoroki didn’t piss off Yoarashi during the entrance exam. If I remember correctly you can see him in the lineup before their race.

Great chapter. I’m predicting that Midoriya will get an easy win over Todoroki.
Guest chapter 7 . 11/9/2019
Seeing as this will be the first interaction between Midoriya and Todoroki in the story I highly doubt that Midoriya will feel compelled to “save” him. I predict an relatively easy victory. One that Endeavor will be furious about. Midoriya has too much of an advantage. And Todoroki is now doubt going to underestimate him.

You can predict the outcome of most of the matches in the first round. The only toss up is Kendo vs Kirishima. I’m pretty sure Yanagi will make easy work of Ysoyorozu. Or Awase could have a total upset over Iida and weld his feet to the ground.
uchihaNaruto247 chapter 7 . 11/9/2019
Now I can imagine how izuku can EASILY win this fight, buuut, he might try to hero his way through this for todoroki
Unity-In-Silence chapter 3 . 11/8/2019
I like this chapter. I am curious however as to why Izuku had such a stoic/nonchalant attitude towards All Might. Something maybe happened to cause this rift? All Might did not seem to care or notice anything, so maybe it was from a time long ago?
Putting Setsuna and Izuku against eachother helped build their characters and budding friend-like relationship at least at this point in time. Her flirtatious and mischievous personality is definitely on par to how everyone describes her character so I personally feel everything is moving at a steady pace!
I’m genuinely curious on what the hell Izuku had been up to after the alley, and knowing he’s been volunteering at an orphanage only makes him more of an anomaly. Call it wishful thinking, but if Eri so happens to be in that orphanage, that would be AMAZING. Just wishful thinking though.
Keep it up!
Unity-In-Silence chapter 2 . 11/8/2019
The little group of friends he’s already been pulled into during lunch is both adorable, and fits well into how the characters are described as. I loved the small Pony and Izuku interaction, there is just something so wholesome about it that I feel you can’t ignore!
I can’t wait to see how his flying further develops down the line in the story, and knowing he is going to be OP? This is already extremely promising in both narrative and fluidity.
Keep up the amazing work!
Guest chapter 6 . 11/7/2019
Don't worry about updating daily, work within your own pace. I don't see the relationship so far going too fast. Tokage is a little more forward and Izuku is still in his shell but he is getting better and he is not completely ignoring his class as he worked with them instead of taking off on his own. I think Izuku will open up more during the sports festival and also when it is over. Class 1-B seems more understanding and protective than 1-A. They knew something was going on with Izuku and he had history with Bakugou but they gave him some space and will address it when he is ready. They see how they reacted to each other and defended Izuku so I'm not to worried about him. Unless he tries to corner him but Izuku has shown to stand up to him instead of cowering. Will the beach become a class project once Izuku tells Tokage about it or will she stumble upon him at the beach?
I did enjoy the first event as it gave us an inside look at 1-B's side. Hopefully the pros realize 1-B's plan which was not about placing first but to show off their individual skills during the obstacle course as they showcased theirs in creative ways as well as their team work skills. Also to observe their fellow classmates and develop strategies on facing against them which will show in next event. I can see why class 1-B was so advanced as they were by the time of the joint training arc in cannon. I liked how Izuku decided to work with his class as he could have gone ahead of them and I don't think they would have mind since Tetsutetsu and Ibara did exactly that; I'm liking class 1-B more than 1-A already as you can see the trust and understanding between all of them.
Monoma seems to recognize Bakugou from somewhere, is this in relation to this fics version of the sludge villain incident or perhaps something else in regards to him and Izuku. It looks like Ojiro and Sero will be holding grudges against Izuku and Tokage. Theywill tell their class on their quirks which will upset Bakugou because he will make it about himself and think Izuku was hiding his quirk and that he has been looking down on him.
I'm thinking the team will be Izuku, Tokage, Yanagi and maybe someone from class 1-A or maybe it will be Pony or Monoma who could copy Izuku's quirk. So it seems Izuku will be interning with the Psychic sisters from OPM. I think Tokage should intern with Hawks so that she could learn to better control her individual parts and increase her stamina. She could control her individual parts like Hawks' feathers. I'm really looking forward to how you develop further into her quirk. Keep up the great work and looking forward to the next chapter.
Unity-In-Silence chapter 1 . 11/7/2019
You glorious individual. I remember when you had first told me you were going to try this pairing out. And boy I am extremely excited to read each and every single chapter. I am even more excited to leave a review on every chapter you put out!
I liked the small backstory that you showcased with Izuku and Setsuna, I wonder why he was laying there in the first place?
As for the way you portray Setsuna I enjoy it extremely, and Izuku is still the shy bumbling green haired teen we all know and love.
Also having Midnight as a familial figure to Setsuna was a stroke of genius, I can’t wait to see the possible shenanigans the older and teasing woman will show.
I am especially interested in what his quirk can really do, and that fact that you chose for him to be in 1-B will definitely be a nice change of pace. Keep up the amazing work as always.
Now on to the next chapters!
Guest chapter 6 . 11/7/2019
i don't know what you have in mind for the future...but why don't you try to show someone else that want to talk to izuku? In M-K ultra at the start we can see an "asshole" izuku and for that reason many people really like/try to talk to him. Here we can see (for his classmates at least) a shy izuku,i think that people like kendo,shiozaki,tetsutetsu,pony and sommeone else can be interested to,at least,try somehow to interact with him. Sorry for the mistakes (english isn't my first language) thank you for the in reading this comment
TheGreatBubbaJ chapter 6 . 11/7/2019
As we all know forward women are one of Izuku's many weaknesses.
Sam chapter 6 . 11/7/2019
Midoriya should really wash everyone when it comes to the 1-on-1 fights. As it stands, no one should be able to touch him, let alone fight him. Yanagi isn’t strong enough even though they have the same quirk. He can pretty much cancel out Uraraka’s quirk. On top of that he can just levitate anyone out of the ring as soon as the match starts. His quirk may be simple, but it’s OP as hell compared to the other 1st years. I hope you don’t end up giving OfA to this Izuku because he’d be even more unstoppable. I also like that little detail in the beginning of how because Midoriya has no one to take the garbage to a dump, he pretty much just organized the place instead of cleaning it up completely.
Guest chapter 6 . 11/7/2019
Black hair, purple eyes, “Oze”-hana. Yeah, that sounds like Maki from “Fire Force”. Your choice of OC’s is always interesting. I wonder if she has a fire manipulation quirk.

It looks like Midoriya is going to do his internship under Fubuki. I haven’t read the manga in a while, but I did remember that Fubuki is supposed to be a pretty good teacher. So she’d be great for him if she’s anything like in OPM. I wonder when he’ll meet Tatsumaki.

I liked the obstacle race. It reminded of how 1-A had to deal with the Forrest on the first day of camp in cannon. I feel Midoriya should beat everyone pretty easily when it comes to the tournament. But you’re a pretty good writer when it comes to subverting expectations.
uchihaNaruto247 chapter 6 . 11/7/2019
OPM...and that’s the only reference I got
1,039 | « Prev Page 1 .. 53 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 .. Last Next »