Reviews for Emerald Island (Indefinite Hiatus)
Guest chapter 3 . 11/3/2019
I forgot to put my vote for the dekusquad in the my review below. I'm still voting for option B and A.
Guest chapter 3 . 11/3/2019
After reading some of the reviews I can see now what the Psychic Sisters was referring to now lol. It seems that All Might and Izuku have some history and perhaps it is similar to canon but it doesn't seem like All Might recognizes Izuku at this time. I did like Izuku's costume so far as it appears hes going the stealth route which works with his quirk and I am looking forward to his helmet and how it will support his quirk. I don't know if my suggestion helped but I'm glad you are having Izuku realize his weakness early and addressing them. I'm looking forward to all the costume upgrades Izuku will go through as well as Tokage's and Monoma's for sure based off of M-K Ultra. I did like the battle trial as it was more of a battle of brains than brawns as Tetsutestu was taken out so easily. We did get a look into Tokage's "dirty" side which the class did not have a problem with but that will change once they are on the receiving end of it and will effect their opinion of her but I'm sure tetsutestu as well as Izuku and Yanagi will defend her. We also saw a weakness to Izuku quirk where it may be based on sight or focus but I'm thinking its based on focus and he loses control if his attention is taken off of what he is controlling. We did get a glimpse of Izuku's life where he is volunteer at an orphanage (easter egg to M-K Ultra?) and Tokage's home life. On an unrelated note I'm also looking forward to Monoma in this fic. In M-K Ultra you introduced a support item that made him OP and by the end of the fic he is one of the strongest heroes at the time and could be on par with Izuku. I can't imagine all the quirks he was able to collect and even has access to Izuku's; he is like a heroic All for One. Will Izuku be the one to suggest this idea to Monoma? I just want them to become fast friend based on their shared history of being told they can't be heroes. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Keep up the good work.
Kamakiri24 chapter 3 . 11/3/2019
squad c
uchihaNaruto247 chapter 3 . 11/3/2019
So his telekinesis is either base on sight or concentration kinda like when he first had OFA, he had to voluntarily think about using it, before he got use to it, and from bakugos perspective izuku has been quirkless for a long time, so he prolly recently got that quirk for possibly a few months, and he’s still trying to get use to it.
Komodo23 chapter 3 . 11/3/2019
Hello Carter! Wow, two reviews/messages to the same author in the same day. That's a record for me.

After reading some other comments on yesterday's chapter, I did find out a very likely explanation to what the Psychic are, and with this chapter... Saitama... It's all a giant One Punch Man reference, isn't it. _

I know that story well enough, but not so much I can glimpse all and any references immediately, but that's a mistery kind of solved now. Regarding everything else... For a "somewhat OP Izuku" as you advertised, the battle trial went surprisingly... average? I assume we either still have to see the full extent of Izuku's powers, as he is either holding back some big secret, or when you said OP you meant "in-universe OP", like Shouto is, for example, but with just very strong telekinesis. I'm betting on the former though.

I've seen someone else theorize Izuku might have gotten his quirk from AfO, and I don't... completely dislike the idea? Maybe that's just wishful thinking, as it's a kind of premise I don't see very often, carried far or explored decently, but I couldn't help but think that, maybe, Izuku could be some kind of semi-Noumu? And him being quirkless helped prevent him from going braindead due to overlapping quirk brain-part-thingies? It would make him being somewhat OP very justified in the narrative, and explain how he stopped being quirkless. And if properly explored, it would REALLY qualify for the story being "dark".

I don't particularly buy it, though, because the Izuku you've written so far doesn't seem nearly as traumatized enough for that. Or maybe he is and he's just good at hiding it/he got better since. Also, how did he escape the League? Did he receive another quirk he's hiding? Who can tell!

Wonder how that would relate to him reacting to All Might with a "stale" face, as you put it. If he was, in fact, a Noumu, experimented on with the sole purpose to kill the big guy, he probably has a lot of conflicting feelings regarding All Might. Who knows what was actually going on inside his head...

Would like to theorize about the potential timeline of general unpleasantness he might have gone through (the orphanotrophy bit is REALLY suspicious, btw) based only on the "months" Katsuki hasn't seen him, but I don't have enough info to make an educated guess of any kind.

Really curious to see more, keep up the good work!
StandUpKeepMovingForward chapter 3 . 11/3/2019
I'm still here on this platform.
TheGreatBubbaJ chapter 3 . 11/3/2019
You already hinted at a light OPM crossover with the psychic sisters, guessing that'll be where he interns.
Guest chapter 3 . 11/3/2019
A lot of interesting things indeed.

Apparently Midoriya isn’t a very big All Might fan. Which is certainly a red flag seeing as he’s pretty much his number one fan in cannon. I have a feeling that they’ve crossed paths before...

I feel like weakness that you hinted at has to do with this helmet that apparently wasn’t finished in time. Plus I like his costume. Going for the functional over fashionable look is definitely in character for him. Maybe a certain pink haired girl was making upgrades?

So the time he was allegedly homeless was all a “blur”? It just makes more curious about what happened to him. And Setsuna’s home doesn’t appear all that great. Judging by the note that he left, I’m guessing that her dad is a support engineer of some sorts. It would be cool if he was the one made her costume. Or a scientist? And what about her sister?

Good update, looking forward to seeing more!
Sam chapter 3 . 11/3/2019
“If you tell me where the bomb is, I’ll let you touch my boobs.”

Yeah...that definitely sounds like something Tokage would say. I can only imagine if Mineta was in that situation.
GG chapter 1 . 11/2/2019
Yanagi, Tsunotori, Kodai, Asui. Those are the four I hope you pick.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/2/2019
Option c seems cool
Ramses ll chapter 2 . 11/3/2019
If Midoriya has such a wide, spherical Quirk range, he could opt for the name "Ground Control", as he'd be able to fight his battles from a remote location, or let objects rain on his enemies from above.
Ramses ll chapter 1 . 11/3/2019
I'd favor option C; Honenuki is an absolutely fantastic guy, Tokoyami is strong and reliable (good for someone like scaredy-cat Midoriya), Yanagi, Kodai and Midoriya would be great as a combo, and I also think that these more reserved characters would suit one another more than the alternatives.
Plus, there are too few fics that contain Honenuki, and it'd make sense for Midoriya to get to know him seeing that Tokage should be at least acquainted with him from the recommendation exam.
Cyberbeasttitan chapter 2 . 11/2/2019
Option C, the use of Yui's and Izuku's quirks is really terrifying when working in tandem.
TheImortalAce chapter 1 . 11/2/2019