Reviews for Emerald Island (Indefinite Hiatus)
HunterQwon chapter 2 . 11/2/2019
I like this already.
iron-slayer-dragon chapter 2 . 11/2/2019
I loved everything that you've written so far and I cant wait to get more Setsuna who I believe is under appreciated
Guest chapter 2 . 11/2/2019
I was surprised by the quick update. So the Psychic Sisters will be characters I'm sure you will introduce later in the story or if they are a reference that is going over my head. I'm glad Setsuna recognized him right away and now her curiosity will help Izuku out of his shell. I'm glad that Izuku is in Class 1-B, they appear to be more friendly and have taken a liking to him. I know Pony and Izuku will become fast friends and he will help her with her language skills. Maybe as a class they can all improve their English and once in the joint training they could communicate in English and Class 1-A are just confused on what they are saying. So Izuku managed to score the highest points in his class but he did not take first in the exam itself. I can't wait for the background chapters. I'm glad Izuku has learn to somewhat fly and that puts him at an advantage because he can work long range and is able to distance himself. So it seems he does have a weight limit but it is a far higher limit then most with telekinesis (Uraraka so far has the highest limit) and if he uses his quirk to much on himself he experiences headaches and nosebleeds. So his quirk is powerful but it has his limit, Izuku may learn to push pass these limits or maybe able to withstand the draw back of these limits with training as well with the help of support gear just like Uraraka and her costume which helps with her pressure points. Izuku could wear something on his head since his quirk focuses from his head and could wear something similar to Uraraka's new helmet that has just been introduced into the manga with the addition of a visor and face mask to make it different and protect his head.
So Bakugou is still Bakugou. Don't worry about a Bakugou Redemption since you handled that well in M-K Ultra and I'm glad he will serve as a conflict but won't be shown a lot. You are one of the few writers who actually sees the problems with Bakugou and write him the way he actually is. Most writers have him becoming a rival to Izuku at a young age where he has a quirk or he learns to care if Izuku becomes suicidal or actually does it. Bakugo suffers from an inflated ego and has anger problems, he is use to people not telling him no and having his way as well as being praise for every little thing. He just hates Izuku and him having a quirk won't change that because his ego makes him see everyone either as beneath him or a threat so he has to abuse to show his "dominance". And if Izuku were to kill himself he would see him as weak and deserved it as he didn't care about him all his life and abused him; he wouldn't suddenly care after all this time. I like how Bakugou says he doesn't care about Izuku but always gets angry when he sees him. In this fic it appears that he would bully and beat him and drove Izuku to runaway from home for apparently being quirkless but now he is possibly just a late bloomer or maybe his quirk requires an activation to work maybe like tactile telekinesis? I'm not to worried about Izuku as he will have all of Class 1-B as well as their teacher to back him up once Bakugou starts causing problems. Sekijiro will call out Aizawa on not handling Bakugou and is being a bad teacher despite being the senor of the two. Also I'm sure Bakugou will be shut down soon because since Izuku is not in their class they can't say that it is a rivaly as an excuse since they are in separate classes. Also I know the Bakugou squad will see him as the goldenboy they want him to be but I don't think the rest of Class 1-A will put up with him since they don't have Izuku for him to take all of Bakugou's anger. We will see how they like it since they will be on the receiving end of it since none of them address it when Izuku is the one who suffers from it in in canon. As for Izuku's hero name it could be "The Supernatual Hero: Sentient" (synonym for Psychic) or it could be named Free or related to the word Free since he can fly. Or Boundless or Supernatural. Also Izuku's quirk name could be "invisible touch"; sorry just naming his quirk Telekinesis sounds bland to me but it is your story and you write it the way you want to and I have enjoyed all of your works. Maybe Izuku will learn more about how his quirk actually works and may change the name. I'm still voting for option B for the Dekusquad. I am just glad that Urarka will be having a role in this fic regardless if she is in the squad or not. Her and Izuku share so much in common so far and they can both help each other with their quirks. I'm loving the story so far and looking forward to the next chapter. Keep up the great work.
Komodo, the psychic sisters is a One Punch Man reference
MIKE202303 chapter 2 . 11/2/2019
He shouldn't be so shy with such a strong quirk but oh well. Nice work I look forward to more
Ikaz chapter 1 . 11/2/2019
Love this fic already. I hope it gets a lemon or two thoufh. I mean it's setsuna...
Komodo23 chapter 2 . 11/2/2019
Hey Carter! Already back with another chapter? When I said that a new story probably helped you getting the creativity flowing, I didn't expect it to be so fast!

Now, if you'll allow, let's examine a bit more of the chapter... First thing that pops to my attention is the mention of the "Psychic sisters"... I have no clue whatsoever to who that moniker might refer in canon. All we know is that telekinesis and green hairs seem to be strong characteristics of them, but he claims to not be related, so it can't even be a Hero-Inko AU. Or something like that. Unless Izuku himself is some kind of crazy dimensional traveller. But that sounds waaaay too convoluted. Also, Bakugou knows him, so there is either two Izukus, our world-hopping one that is now living with some kind lady that picked him off the street while the original Izuku is elsewhere or this is just getting too absurd- I'm gonna just stop here.

My leading theory now is that Izuku ran from home out of a sense of guilt for all his mother's support, feeling undeserving of it, and dumpster diving around for a while. Before something happened to make him go back. Either found by law enforcement or of his own volition.

The thing that bothers me the most is the reaction to his quirk. Now that we know he was quirkless for a time, enough that Bakugou has already oh-so-kindly catalogued him in his mind, makes me think that when Setsuna met him... Might have been his first time using it? Late quirk activation due to the stressful lifestyle he had on the road? I hope that it wasn't exactly his meeting with Setsuna that prompted him to activate, because it would feel a bit contrived... But also sweet, in a way.

Interested in seeing where this will go, keep up the good work! And if my postulating and commenting bothers you, feel free to tell me. I try not to come off as one of those "demanding, know it all" readers, but I can't be sure. If it's a problem, I'll dial it off.

Bye, have a great time!
Bora the windwalker hero
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 2 . 11/2/2019
Since Deku can pick up and move things with his mind, how about "Lift" as a hero name
uchihaNaruto247 chapter 2 . 11/2/2019
So in your other story you mentioned that one of izukus new quirks is an Easter egg of what izukus quirk will be in this fic, and I’m wondering which lightning color is it,
TheGreatBubbaJ chapter 2 . 11/2/2019
I feel going off his power would be a bit difficult, all the ones that jump to mind are kind of goofy. Pure Thought? Psycho Green? Pulse? Green Screen? Maybe it'll be something more to do with his fighting style and disposition once those are more established.
Markacin chapter 2 . 11/2/2019
I'm definitely voting for the A option in terms of Dekusquad choice
As to the hero name... The Telekinetic Hero: Phantom Hand? It's lame af I know xD
valkrus chapter 2 . 11/2/2019
i think will either choose A or B
Armadillo 300 chapter 2 . 11/2/2019
I pick option C for the new Dekusquad.
Have you already put chapter 2? I love you