Reviews for A Crow From Afar
Guest chapter 1 . 12/20/2020
I love this story! Can’t wait for the next chapter!
Hp-St-Qg-Hac-FAN chapter 1 . 11/19/2020
This is such a great story and I’ve been reading it for a while. Hope you update soon!
TomRiddlesTwin chapter 31 . 9/21/2020
Awesome chapter
JohnMonty chapter 31 . 9/19/2020
Great chapter! Really loving the detail you put into this fanfic. Shame though Anya didn't get to snipe anyone in this chapter, hopefully she will in the next one. Looking forward to reading more of this fanfic, update soon!
JohnMonty chapter 30 . 9/5/2020
Great chapter! Sounds like a major storm is brewing and heading the Wizarding worlds way! They better wise up and brace themselves or get swept away by the tide. Wonder what the next chapter will be like? Will Anya find herself in another spook ambush? Will she meet the Order officially? Something I can't see Dumbledore approving of since he is so convince Anya is a little Voldemort in the making because a pathetic excuse of a witch and seer says so. Looking forward to reading the next chapter, update soon!
TomRiddlesTwin chapter 30 . 9/5/2020
Fantastic chapter!
TomRiddlesTwin chapter 29 . 9/4/2020
Stunning story! Love it!
Lilomaus223 chapter 29 . 8/23/2020
Love the Story. Great chapter. I Kind of want Anne to meet Lupin and the Rest of the Order. Please make it Happen it would be amazing. And i still want to find out more about her Paßt. Can't wait for the next chapter. LOVE IT AND UPDATE SOON.
kpop1392as chapter 29 . 8/22/2020
I enjoyed reading this chapter and story. I like that Astoria has become a soft spot for Anne. I also like that Sirius and Harry privately talk about her and what happened.
kpop1392as chapter 24 . 8/22/2020
Woah! That was an interesting twist. I like that Lily was an Unspeakable researcher. I also like that Anne checked up on her brother and gave her a way for him to try to contact her.
JohnMonty chapter 29 . 8/22/2020
Good chapter! How long till there back at Hogwarts? I'm wanting to see if Anya will end up feeding Umbridge to the Acromantulas. I hope Harry discovers the ROR earlier and starts getting serious about his training. Please let him start learning the mind arts, especially Legilimency. I reckon he should dump that moron Ron. He will just hold him back, bitch and moan and even if he has Anya and her crew by her side, it still might not be enough. Ron and Dumbles are just useless dead weights Harry and Sirius need to dump and get away from. I don't trust Remus to side with Harry and Sirius if a side ever had to be picked. Harry and Sirius should just focus on getting stronger, maybe have him do some rituals. I wouldn't have Harry do the whole Dumbledore Army thing, he needs to focus on becoming stronger and increasing his skill and spell knowledge, not teaching a bunch of asshole teens, who have stabbed him in the back and put him down to many time or deserve his help, to teach them how to cast the Patronus charm or Reducto curse. Fuck them fuck witches and wizards! Looking forward to reading more of this fanfic, update soon!
JohnMonty chapter 28 . 8/2/2020
Great chapter! Glad it's finally been updated, great action scenes. Great and cunning uses of magic. The flashbang transfigured into an Eagle that still went of when hit was a nice touch. Can't wait to read more of this fanfic and see what fifth year will be like. Wonder how long it will be before Anya can no longer resist the temptation of putting a bullet between the eyes of madam Umbridge? Probably give Umbridge a taste of her own sadistic medicine and dump her in front of the Acromantula den. Please that happen in the future. By any chance will Harry actually start putting his brain to good use and start hitting the books? Thinking independently instead of being guided by an old goat who doesn't have your best interests at heart? Please have him get better mentally and magically and dump the dead-weight Ron Weasley. Have him Find the Room of Requirement, increase his fighting skills, practice combat spells and do some rituals. He will need to help himself, clearly Dumbledore and his merry band of morons won't as they clearly like him to be dumb and ignorant to the world around him. Can't wait to read more of this fanfic, update soon!
JQAlsus chapter 14 . 6/15/2020
Damn awesome action scene, and a great idea of change to replace the original second task with a suitably difficult challenge for the champions. Was rather too short though IMO, could have included more details on traps, dead-ends, perspective from other champions, and how the audience received the announcement to the start of the Task. Loved the sync between Harry and Anya.

Only thing I didn't quite understand was the null magic trap. Did it cancel all wand magic? If it did it should have nullified the spells that Harry and Anya casted thereafter as well, so that could be the bit of inconsistency there?
JQAlsus chapter 17 . 6/15/2020
I'm not exactly sure if you're a Russian author learning Chinese? Your translation didn't exactly match the names and terms with their Chinese counterparts. They are vernacular too - a little conversational compared to the codewords that line my impression of undercover Chinese military operations, but still it's a good try. Am just happy to see characters here speaking my native tongue.

The characters "Jen" is not a Pinyin transliteration (I'm not quite sure how it spells out in romanized cyrillic) and the Pinyin spelling for the youngster's name would have been "Jian". In fact I intially thought it was a Wade-Giles romanization of "仁" or "Ren", as it would have been rendered as such in Taiwanese names. "Wei" or 伟 is strange and uncommon for a Chinese surname, so I'm thinking it's not. Am really interested to find out more about this Chinese youngster's backstory.

Yeah that's about it. Sadly I really can't get hold of understanding Russian for all my life worth other than "Zdrasvyute" and none of Azerbaijani at all.

祝好
JQAlsus chapter 25 . 6/15/2020
Somehow I could really empathise with Harry here, the sadness in realising that despite being his twin, Anya still didn't really treat him as family but rather just an obligation.

Don't really expect that to change given Anya's background and desensitization to war and death, but would really hoping to see more bonding sessions. Perhaps more of Harry showing his prowess where it is due. As well as what she would do after receiving her inheritance, if that happens.

May also be good time to start involving more of the Hogwarts characters in the Russian secret societies backstory…
116 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »