Reviews for The Twisted Path
Chgrne chapter 19 . 2h
It's wild how much labor you've put it to just recreate canon. If you change small things that ultimately have no impact on major events in canon, what does it matter? Harry, Hermione, and Ginny are all in Slytherin and somehow absolutely no major event is different. Harry is still with Dursleys, Ginny was still possessed, Dobby is freed the same way, Pettigrew escapes, dementors go to Hogwarts. Let me guess, Harry's name still comes out of the Goblet of Fire, Umbridge still terrorizes Hogwarts, Dumbledore dies on the astronomy tower...
at-nightfall chapter 8 . 2/20
On the Greengrass home:
- the gound floor is missing a loo.
- having six bath rooms for six bedrooms is a bit over the top. Either Bryant Greengrass or one of the previous owners is a show-off or has/had more money than he could use.
Around 1992 renovating a bathroom started at 12'000 DM (~10'000 US $), around 2008 my neighbour payed around 12'000 . And these were not luxoury bathrooms, but good quality standard bathrooms.
So Blaise is gay? Didn't see that twist coming. Should make it awkward in their later teen years if he develops feelings for Harry or somebody. Makes sense he would resent his mother too if she didn't approve of it & the father left because of his son being gay...although Blaise mother probably didn't tell him that since Blaise probably looks up to his father & she didn't want to hurt her son more by letting him know.

Very interesting potential dynamic there though.
Very pleasant set up. Slow burn it away indeed my friend :-)
As long as that bastard malfoy gets serious pain and justice heaped on him, then I'm happy.
Snape is a quandary. Idc about him to be honest but I hope he isn't a supremely evil pos in this, nor do I want him to be this misunderstood redeemable paragon of truth, love and all that. The similarities with how the halfblood Harry is willing to protect the muggleborn Hermione is quite appropriate to how the halfblood Snape befriended the muggleborn Lily (though I never ship Snape & Lily together...at all). This story has gotten my attention in a pleasant way & I'm looking forward to whatever is going to happen. Thank you for writing this.
You best make malfoy die a painful death or even have his magic violently stripped from him. This story is a failure is that little piece of shit doesn't experience true pain & horror for what he just did.
divvycrip chapter 60 . 2/12
I totally love this. I really appreciate the appendix as i often tgink, so what did they do next? But i was kept guessing in so mamy parts of this story- it was brilliant. Thank you for sharing it with us. I understand it is very much a labour of love
LoneWolfAndCub chapter 60 . 2/3
I cannot begin to describe my admiration for this story. its Harmony done right.
Beth1112 chapter 60 . 1/21
I really enjoyed your story.
Well this story has been an amazing work of art that was masterfully designed to keep the audience on the edge of their seat. I'm not one to comment on most stories however this story is without a doubt one of the best HP fanfictios ever writte.
MrsMalfoy chapter 60 . 1/2
What an amazing story. I came in expecting Harry/Hermione and I got more Harry/Ginny than canon. The beginning years and the relationship between Harry and Hermione was coming up absolutely perfectly and naturally. And then you started pushing Ginny EVERYWHERE. Why should it matter to Harry and Hermione what a random girl they've met twice thinks about their sleeping situation when their friends approve of it? And then after 2nd year the focus shifts so much on Ginny. There are a few scenes focusing on Hermione during the summer after it but then it goes back to Ginny. Darling, if you loved them so much, you should have gone with that pairing. In adding Ginny to the scenario you decreased the Harmony scenes so damn much - there was always someone else with them ffs. And the remaining sentences (not even paragraphs) that you write about their relationship soon become too forced. Please. Just stop writing it as Harmony if you're so invested in Hinny. I mean I would definitely call this emotional cheating - but you couldn't even let us have that, could you? You then had to write - multiple times - that Hermione didn't care about this. Hermione? The girl who launched birds at her best friend? That Hermione? Thanks for keeping everything so in character and the pairing so clearly in love.
Cain O'Phelan chapter 9 . 12/21/2023
This fecking stupidity with the house elves is trite and boring.
lulu2613 chapter 57 . 12/10/2023
How old does one have to be to be minister of magic?
Phoenix of the Highlands chapter 3 . 12/6/2023
wooo this is great!
TrickyTwist chapter 60 . 11/26/2023
A masterful work. It is rare to find a refreshing take on the HP fandom and this is absolutely one. Quite the mystery throughout and the author manages to keep you guessing right up to the end. I highly recommend this story and to take the time to read every chapter, its worth whatever grievance you may have with how the characters develop into the people they deserve to be.

Thank you for your work, this is a pleasure to read and I will surely be back to read again.
LoneWolfAndCub chapter 60 . 11/18/2023
Personally all in all this is probably one of my all time favourite fics on here. Slytherin Harmony allows the author to actually have some fun with the narrative and tell a very compelling story. I enjoyed the Ginevra/Justin pairing and it needs to happen more often.

The only down side of the fic was how Magical Australia was handled. Little Swimmers by canoncansodoff feels like the most plausible take on how it might function. (For context, I'm Aussie)

But bottom like, this fix rocked hard, and rocked often. a solid 9.98 out of 10.

Kind regards, Lone