Reviews for Draconem Vincere
SeeminglyHappy chapter 23 . 3/5/2013
YOU SAID IT WOULDN'T TAKE 2 YEARS! It's been 6 years, and I'm crying right now because this beautiful story has a high chance of not being finished... PLEASE add that last chapter/epilogue! Begging.. on my hypothetical knees. For the sake of us Ginny/Draco shippers and Harry Potter lovers and fanfiction people, pleeeease finish this! This has been one of the BEST stories I've read here
Krystina chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
I think I was four when Percy first told me to vent my frustrations through writing. At that age, of course, my writing was elementary at best, but it was amazing how much better scribbling "Fred meen" made me feel. Growing up with six older brothers, writing became my way of life. Writing helped me cope every time Bill or Charlie had to leave after a visit. Writing made me calm down after one of Fred and George's pranks so I wouldn't blow them up, whether accidentally by my untapped magical powers, or on purpose with some of the materials I would come across in their own rooms. Every time my mother was cross with me, or Ron was a git, or daddy didn't get promoted, writing was there for me. By the time I got my Hogwarts letter, I had filled up nearly twenty journals with the hopes and fears of my entire childhood.

My acceptance into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry changed my writing habits forever. The terror of my first year caused by Tom Riddle's diary made me put down my quill for what I thought would be forever. My Hogwarts years were by far the years I needed a journal the most, but I was terrified to write my feelings at all. I'm embarrassed to admit that this fear carried into my early twenties. It was at the age of twenty-four that the events of five years ago, events which outstripped the terror of my first year at Hogwarts, finally crashed down upon me, and I found myself one night sobbing, scribbling furiously the beginnings of a story on any scrap of paper I could find. It all started just to make the terrible pain I had felt for far too long subside.

Of course, I didn't finish it all in one night, it is far too complicated, but over the following year, whenever I felt weak or depressed, I gradually added all the events and details of the tale. When I was finally finished, I at last had a sense of closure. I never dreamed that one day I would actually wish to publish the rather remarkable story, but as Vergil says, "Restore your gloomy soul, dismiss your fear, perhaps at some time you will even be glad to have remembered these things."

I suppose it was Percy who got me to this stage as well, although this time it wasn't his advice, but his nosiness that brought him to read my story, going so far as to break the locking charms guarding it. When I finally spoke to him again, he persuaded me to publish my story, saying it was a human interest and historical piece that the world shouldn't continue without hearing. I wouldn't go that far in describing it. However, the events described are most certainly interesting, and do expose the facts through my experience on events that many people wish to know. I have gotten the encouragement from everyone involved in this epic to continue. It has been left to me to leave for posterity the tale of my life and the wizarding world five years ago.
Victoria Kathleen Wright chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
I think you ought to know - I only read a paragraph of this story before favoriting it. And I'm not someone who takes favoriting too lightly, either.
babymercedes chapter 23 . 6/12/2011
I recently started your story and can't wait till you add the ending. This is one of the best stories I have read in a while.
roni2010 chapter 23 . 4/18/2011
great action and mystery d/g plot..
roni2010 chapter 6 . 4/17/2011
love plot... cant wait to dive into the other chapters...
docter-who-watsin-abandoned chapter 12 . 9/8/2010
Woo! 500 reviews! who gets the honor? meeee!

haha, no, really. This story is so damn good! i hate those stories where Ginny confesses her "un-dying love for Draco" and what not in the FIRST FRICKIN CHAPTER!

ty for not putting too much, eh, fluff.

alyce
Mrs. Dimoski chapter 23 . 7/24/2010
i read this in one sitting. original plot and wonderful story. i love your style of writing. you write the characters with realistic personalities that are congruent to the books. but i will say this, you need to get off your arse and finish this story. if all you lack is an epilogue, find a way! you have dedicated readers that want to complete this story. i know that i would like to know how things end up. i would love to find out if basil is draco. i would love to find out what happens with hermione. i would love to see a glimpse in the future of everyone's lives. as a writer myself, i know there are stages of writer's block, but you have got to finish this story. do it for yourself and do it for your readers. this story is too good not to give it an ending. i'm not intending this as a flame, in fact, this is appraisal! please finish this. i can't wait to see how it ends.
Freyja26 chapter 23 . 5/13/2010
I love your story so much..

well..it looks like we're gonna wait 2years or more to read the epilogue..I hope you'll post the epilogue as soon as possible :D
Inc and Ivory chapter 23 . 1/8/2009
Somehow it looks like it s going to be another two years for the epilogue/chapter

but hey good story i love it

oh and a happy new year ... i know alttle late but better then nothing

Inc and Ivory
claire chapter 23 . 4/17/2008
i just sat here when i was meant to be doing coursework and read the whole fic. here i was thinking it was finished for some reason... lol. well, its been over a year since you last updated, and i know you said it wouldn't take you 2 years to update, but you are getting there... any chance of an update soon, before i forget everything i just read _ it has been a very good fic so far and i am thankful that you wrote it. it must be one of my faves. hope to have a new one soon. (back to coursework) bai
hpangel chapter 23 . 12/10/2007
OH MY FREAKING GOSH. A story hasn't gotten me this riled up/excited/emotional in a long time. You are truely incredible. I am so glad I stumbled across this story. I read it all in two days. All 23 chapters. I was literally yelling things mid read and jumping up and down. This is one of the most amazing/ingenious/orginial plots I have ever read and I've been reading fanfiction for five years. Congrats. You are truely talented. And Draco is Basil isnt he? The animagus thing almost confirmed it but how Ginny came to HAVE Basil is still unclear. I can't wait for the rest. :)
hpangel chapter 4 . 12/9/2007
Wow, this is really original. I love it so far. Good work.
mackie chapter 23 . 11/3/2007
hey there! really, really awesome fic here. i just stumbled at it this evening and i stayed until in the early morning just to get through it. sorry, i just can't helping jumping to the other chapter when i finish one! you were that good! i hope you do just the same or even better with your other fics and for the epilogue. actually, i've been browsing for fanfics and have been reading quite a few and i just want you to know that this fic really strikes me. and take note, i haven't been reviewing for the other fics. i wanted so to, but laziness just really rubs off during unexpected times, haha! i just want you to know that there are still people reading this wonderful fic (and also help to encourage you to finish this, because i think that when you know that people appreciate what you're writing, it really inspires you to go on). honestly, when i read fics that are almost done, i don't bother to really finish it. but i just want to say that i want to see its ending and actually aching for more on this fic. but i can see that it's really dawning on its end... well, i think this is long enough to be dragging you already... haha! so, just do well in the epilogue... cheers to your (*stares into the monitor thinking deeply*) INDESCRIBABLE fic! :)
QueenBee11 chapter 23 . 10/20/2007