Reviews for I Hear the Rotors Still
Foxy-Glove chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
Ha! Radar! Saw that one coming when the Korean war was mentioned. *hugs her season 11 box set*
Reinbeauchaser chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
I usually read and write in another fandom, but this X-Men fic is a wonderful, wonderful little story. I PM'ed you re: this due to my review window not working. Seems my husband upgraded our PC security and - yep - blocked all further pop-ups.

Anyway, this is one of those stories that hit me on two levels - nostalgia and craftsmanship. Both are esquisitly done. Loved it.

You did have one hiccup, though, that I didn't see the first time I reviewed. Where the scene in the beginning changes from outside to inside, you note how hot the coffee is, as if the main character is making that observation. Then, further along, Storm's 'guest' is sipping tea. I think for continuity's sake, the beverage ought to be the same both times. Either it's hot coffee or hot tea. Nothing major, of course, but this was such a superbly written piece, that little blip like that seem to stand out more. When you have perfection, even the slightest 'bump' is obvious.

Anyway, if I could, I would put this onto my favorites, but where I am out of room, I'm going to have to put it to my PC favorites instead, that is until I can rearrange stuff on my profile page.

In either event, this one is a classic.

Be blessed,

Rene'
Cat Feral chapter 1 . 9/27/2005
Wow! I LOVE this! It makes perfect sense! I always wondered about how Radar could live such a normal, farm-boy kind of life when he was so obviously powerfully psychic!
Waveblade chapter 1 . 9/26/2005
I guessed about 3/4 through. It's a great story and even though it been 2 years did you ever think of doing more stories of this style-where character from various "normal" fandoms (normal meaning the fandom doesn't have supernatural/magic/sci fi aliens etc.? deal with being mutants.
Hedlund chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
Oh my. That was somewhat unexpected, but I have to admit that I'm happy to see some well written Radar-fic. :)

The story was shilling, and very, very good.
morph chapter 1 . 9/23/2005
:D I really like this fic. I love the slow revial of who the person is, and I adore the concept of Radar being a mutant. This fic is very nice, a joy to read. Good luck in the future!
ingvild chapter 1 . 9/17/2005
Well, now I've read this story thrice, pushed it on my sister and best friend, and linked to it as an Antidote to bad fanfics (I hope you don't mind), so I suppose it's time to tell you that I think it's brilliant. I understood that it was Radar before the end, but that didn't take away from the reading experience. Thank you. It's going on my favourite list right now.
rachel chapter 1 . 9/11/2005
Radar O'Reilly as a mutant? That is a cool, cool idea, and well written too. I really enjoyed it!

Er, I do have one, tiny nit-pick, though, and I wouldn't mention it if it didn't bother me: there are way too many ellipses. Otherwise, I have no complaints. :-)
J. Todd chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
Radar! From M*A*S*H? Thats awesome! I completely did not see that coming! And so well written! I absolutly loved it! I actually feel like I want more! Write more!
Bizarra chapter 1 . 11/14/2004
Wow. You are a wonderful writer and I am glad to have discovered you.

I've always loved stories with the subtle ideas of the characters Identity, but finding out in the end who it really is.

I love the sublety of the characterization. Bravo. :-)
Lady J2 chapter 1 . 4/22/2004
Once again, you and your lesser thought of characters. Nice.
trecebo chapter 1 . 4/7/2004
Slammin', yo! I totally dig this mix! Subtle and nice. Very nice.
koolkame chapter 1 . 2/11/2004
My M*A*S*H is as bad as my Espanol, but even I caught this. Nice crossover, it was subtle and I did not see that coming. That's the cool thing about the concepts behind X-Men; you never know who could be a mutant. Would you think about doing an A-Team one?
Dragonelf chapter 1 . 12/4/2003
Nice story.
Your Worshipfulness chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
That was just fabulous! I love the unique idea you came up with! Using Radar as a mutant, that was such an excellent idea. I just can't get over how cool that is! Wonderful story!

~Your Worshipfulness