Reviews for Branching Paths
Exiled Yami chapter 18 . 4/30/2020
This chapter, in my opinion, is probably my favourite so far in this entire story; although, that would be hypocritical of me to say considering how you seem to outdo yourself each time. What can I say? Genya and Zenitsu working together temporarily and both of them getting their own awesome fight scenes. That's not even the icing on the cake as even Inosuke himself replaces Zenitsu in probably my favourite fight in the Canon series's anime.

Zenitsu finally getting his confidence is extremely great character development. Nobody can argue that it was rushed in anyway considering how he spent plenty of time with Tanjirō training and slowly finding his own peace after many years. All of this influence had began to build up his character without him realising, and all he had to do was to believe in himself for once after reminding himself that all the others had faith in him. I don't know how great this change was overall, but if this means that he gets the same power boost from his unconscious self... Then Rui is going to be in deep shit.

I like the idea of a demon's corpse being puppeteered; really interesting idea and could've even made it an unstoppable force if it wasn't for the lack of regeneration and the user of said technique needing to be completely hidden away. Even then, I thought that it would've had some consequence on Genya's body since it's rotten flesh, but I shouldn't be surprised since that is Sanemi's brother after all.

Finally, Inosuke had his first real fight in the story, and I'm surely wasn't disappointed. The use of one sword, being seemingly outnumbered, and then using strategy and just showcasing overall brute force to slice down A HOUSE and the enemy together was really cool to play in my head. I don't know how you're going to outdo this in the future, but I'm not surprised since you always seem to come up with something more interesting as time goes on.

Finally, the cliffhanger was a bit scary. There's Genya who's slightly injured, and arguably the weakest Sense, against the third strongest Demon in the area—who would've completely killed off Inosuke in the Canon. Now, that's going to be a fight to see. Although, something is telling me that Kanao is going to appear and save him, but I can't be too sure about that.

Really, really good chapter overall.
Exiled Yami chapter 17 . 4/30/2020
Honestly, this chapter took me a long time to read. Not necessarily because I didn't enjoy it—far from it actually since it was an overall solid chapter—but it's just because I never got the chance to read it without being preoccupied with something else, usually resulting in me leaving it halfway unread with a mental note to continue it.

Finally, after many weeks of rereading and facing the same issues I'm done. Yet, regardless of the mishaps, this chapter never seemed to bore me; instead, it showed me how capable of a writer you are in terms of driving a sorry forward with a lot of meaningful details.

The teamwork shown between Genya and Zenitsu was really good, and I liked how much you emphasised that this battle wouldn't have been a breeze in the park like the original Canon showcased. Even though it wasn't a boss battle per say, it still required the three boys to use their heads to deal with their foes. I seriously liked how you utilised the Breath of the Sun to take care of them—showing how versatile of a style it really is.

The most interesting part, on my part, however was when Chihime appeared and suddenly killed them off. I had a lot of hope for Gyomei jr to be honest, but it showed how ruthless she could be despite the hints of her remaining humanity shown in the previous chapters. Who could forget that this is the first time that siblings reunite, and the first time we see Tanjirō in such a state of vulnerability. Just those little details matter and I'm glad you take advantage of them.

Finally, I liked the cliffhanger with Rui's "mother" showcasing her new pet, which didn't cease to disappoint me in the following chapter. Overall, really nice chapter and really enjoyed it despite the overall distractions I faced when reading it.
clone59yahoo.com chapter 21 . 4/30/2020
Nice Chapter! Keep up the good work!
Zhenga11 chapter 21 . 4/29/2020
Great chapter, looking forward to more.

I have to say, one of the first things I noticed this chapter is that you’ve gotten rid of almost all of the weird future conditional tense you wrote your previous fight scenes in, and the fights read so much better. Also, I’m a little disappointed Chihime didn’t show a larger reaction, but this story would be worse if she suddenly remembered Tanjirou and joined him because that just prematurely resolves the main conflict of this story.
gogo bananas chapter 21 . 4/29/2020
ayy good chappy
Leo8632 chapter 1 . 4/29/2020
I feel like Tanjiro is going to punch Giyuu when he sees him again (not that I blame him)
HamburgerLife chapter 21 . 4/29/2020
Bruh things just got gOoD

Absolutely love that Nezuko just left Tanjiro to have mental trauma because memories hit her HARD

Great chapter as always, excited to see if the loner and really scary butterfly will appear
lordpurgatory23 chapter 21 . 4/29/2020
nice.
PopeEyes chapter 21 . 4/29/2020
Poor Tanjirou, his world got flipped upside down again. Of course Tanjirou breaks the mask by head butting it lol.
DEMONEZUKO chapter 21 . 4/29/2020
To be honest, while I was reading this chapter all I could think about is, Tanjirou is going to break Chihime’s mask and BAMM! cliffhanger. Thank you for not being evil.
thestormwriter123 chapter 21 . 4/29/2020
The expected fight really lived up to its hype. Good job with that. However, I was of the opinion that only tanjiro knew his father's dance of the sun god... did he teach it to nezuko too? Am I missing something here?
TYBW Toshiro chapter 21 . 4/28/2020
Finally :D
missed ur story :)
Knighthunter911700 chapter 20 . 4/26/2020
I just had to start reading this fanfic when it is at its biggest cliffhanger! I really like the take of what would happen differently to cannon and I can’t wait to see the next chapter.
gogo bananas chapter 1 . 4/21/2020
gotta wonder how ur gonna even out zenitsu now tho
gogo bananas chapter 20 . 4/20/2020
I love the character development for Zenitsu
347 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »