Reviews for Sword and Shield
calvin9871 chapter 25 . 5/12
the one accusing the other having brainwashing powers is the one that actually gets brainwashing powers. Even in the orginally story I found that laughable. I sometimes really can't take Istuki. The only times he is truly ok is after he recovers from the side effects of the pride curse. Only after that he is an ok person.
i.amdizzy2 chapter 25 . 5/9
Great story man .
Considering It was her husband and her country that has caused so much problems for him she needs to shut the fuck up and be grateful outside of the waves he could leave that country to rot and I wouldn't blame him
all forms of fluff chapter 25 . 5/1
First time through.

This story isn't half bad. You could do with an editor. The word 'sheer' was used entirely too much. The main cast have zero things that can challenge them. And other then how the mage circuits work there really isn't anything that makes this 'feel' like a crossover with the Fate series. There doesn't appear to be any reason that Shirou is in this world other than to use his presence to derail cannon Shield hero content, a task you could have easily done by dropping literally anyone into the slave cage. It didn't even have to be a person from another world.

This review seems to be coming off as overly hash as I read it back, but I can't really say what you did well or what you flopped on as I've never seen The Sield Hero. For all I know you're copy pasting from the books. So, without any context I can only say that you party is to OP. I get that you've fleshed out 'why' they are OP. But I found myself skipping loads to text when fighting started as there was zero tension in them. I'm not saying that I expected them to lose, from what little AMV's I've seen of the show The Shield Hero is a tanky boss. But you could had had him take damage, or Shirou, since you went through all the trouble of bringing him into this story you could have had him be put through the meat grinder in the fights. He could have been the jobber, or iron buttmonkey, of the group to show just how dangerous the threats were, and with Avalon there to heal him after he could have been an HP tank instead of a defense stat tank.

Personally speaking, I think I would have had Shirou been summoned as the Sheath Hero. OR since he is literally just holding it for Saber, Avalon could have been a vassal weapon that was created during the rank up instead of making a racoon mini cosplaying Archer. The sheath was used to stop Berserker and was meant to contain a powerful sword. You could have done this whole; Shirou is a sword and develope...You know what? This is me just pitching story ideas now. If you're looking for actual advice to improve the story my only recommendation is to get someone to proofread the story to clean up the typos and edit out the number of times you used the same turn of phrase. Other than 'that' just remember to have fun. These stories are as much for 'you' as they are for 'us'. Thanks for sharing.
mohka chapter 25 . 4/29
I like how the story isn’t solely focused on Shirou. While he is not the sole focus on the story, he still contributes in significant ways. It’s well written and doesn’t kick other characters out of the spotlight, each effecting the story in some way. Shirou doesn’t have to dominate the main focus for a story to be good, and this story is evidence to that. Keep up the good work.
Sharps19 chapter 9 . 4/28
While well written, Shirou is just used as a minor side character. He's only there to justify some adjustments to the plot for Naofumi and Raphtalia. Gonna be dropping this one.
Halo chapter 25 . 4/27
When they discover the current state of Itsuki,

I like to imagine Naofumi groans and says
“Why couldn’t You have been the bow hero instead? Then we wouldn’t have to deal with that moron…” Naofumi moans pointing at Shirou,

Shirou tries to deny it only for everyone in the group and maybe Fitoria would nod and point out his good traits, traits that Itsuki obviously lacks.
EMSreader chapter 9 . 4/25
I don't understand, if shirou would just be a side character why would you even make him appear in the 1st place? Like why would shirou be in the fanfic if the main focus of the story is still naofumi?
I'd like to point out that Itsuki is an Esper.
His ability Accuracy makes it so that his projectiles will always hit it's mark unless blocked,
his attacks are undodgable.
Shirou could ask these questions under slave crests when telling apart slaves en masse apart from the basic "were you kidnapped":
1. Did you sell yourself into slavery willingly?
2. Have you ever committed murder unjustified?
3. Have you ever robbed others when you need not do so?
johnstonrichard3 chapter 25 . 4/22
You know I shouldn't be surprised by how stupid the pope is of itsuki but they just don't stop doing stupid shit. Now the pope if he isn't dead by crazy bow boy well he will be shortly given he has like 3 assassin left and is facing a civil war with naofumi having a good sized civilian support an army of vengeful slaves some of which are seasoned gladiators an army if tamed monsters and the queens backing, Ren is probably going to at least talk to naofumi first if he gets the chance and if he does he'll probably take his side spear simp doesn't matter, and itsuki will likely have to be put down and honestly I hope the same happens to thrash and slut ,also even if she's hot fuck the queen she should have given the other kingdoms the go ahead to arrest her husband but no and what happened a whole lot of her own people dieing and being enslaved.
setheatonterry chapter 25 . 4/21
This is a really well written story that I like a lot, if I had one criticism it would probably be that Shirou is too versatile- I feel like he should have a power set closer to f/sn shirou, ridiculously overspecialised but very good at one specific thing. In this fic, he seems way too versatile, being able to use so many different spells/skills and life force. overall though, great fic!
I can see Shirou potentially Tracing every weapon of the knights of the round and numerous Noble Phantasms from Gilgamesh's treasury.
Shirou was able to Trace Jeweled Sword Zelretch, so something anything Avalon was in tye presence of should also work.

At the very least Excalibur should be possible, especially considering that Kaleid Illya was able to do so in the fight against Artoria Alter. A normal trace would have made another Morgan version, but it was the proper Excalibur, so it have to have been made from the Archer class cards memories.
javi30 chapter 25 . 4/18
very good chapter.
Keep writing.
Blessings to you and your loved ones.
Kayen1024 chapter 25 . 4/14
Great chapter, the ironic part is that Itsuki was the one who got a weapon that allows him to brainwash people.
1,295 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »