Reviews for Ghost of Privet Drive
Mr. 16384 chapter 28 . 5/14
Interesting story all around. I very much liked the explanations to a bunch of things that myself as a young American wouldn't have ever picked up on that were in the books.

Plot-wise, things seemed to get a bit scattered, if still interesting. A bit of a depressing lack of Harry, although given everything, you kind of want to keep the kid out of anything major when there are people who are actually qualified around now.
All around, a fun read.
taxzombie chapter 1 . 5/13
interesting start. Looking forward to reading more of this.
cdnuke98 chapter 28 . 5/11
I’ve been reading this story for the better part of a month now. I can say with certainty that you’ve done a fantastic job. I look forward to the next installment of what I hope to be an ongoing series.
Cavelenare chapter 4 . 5/8
uhhhhh did he turn into a dementor? LMAO
PrinceWeirdo chapter 14 . 5/3
I still feel like dumbledore will smack him in the face later down the road.. When he's out of danger, out of flames couple, in his own home turf...
evil-in-a-prom-dress chapter 28 . 5/2
this was a great book, and a rather interesting way to insert a character into the HP verse. I must say, there are a lot of... British (?) cultural things that I just Don't Get as an American but it was neat to read something so outside of my regular exposure (particularly since most books seem to avoid such cultural immersion?)

I appreciated the long explanations about the magic and such, when I was properly awake. I'd spent several days reading this before bed and stayed up inadvisable late a time or two.

I'm looking forward to the next one, and I might just check out that other novel.
Eluvia Umbra chapter 28 . 4/27
Loved it~!
Fantastic work this story is. Really clever approach and all. Kudos
David305 chapter 28 . 4/16
Excellent, erudite, absorbing and fun! Thanks greatly!
Humor is one of my passions, and the main emphasis of my paltry fanfic output. One of my favorite aspects of canon was that it was often FUNNY, which sadly most fanfics underplay or even lack. I was tickled that your story was considerably funnier than canon!
I was born in Canada in 1950, and live in the States (Florida), but my Mum was English, and I still have cousins in dear old Bligh'y, and have stayed more current on British culture than your average North American heathen - so I gladly (and deliciously) caught about 90% of your obscure and usually laugh-provoking British references!
Glad to add this to my Community, and looking forward to your future work. Thanks!
To be honest at first I thought his form was a shrew i mean it fits more to his character even has a poison/venomus bite
LordLewsTherin chapter 28 . 4/9
This story was fantastic! Thanks for sharing it with us!
hdres chapter 23 . 4/6
A fascinating read. I am really enjoying how Mal is bringing a different and more logical approach to Harry’s world. I liked the idea of attack chickens very much. Thank you for sharing your story.
hdres chapter 6 . 4/5
I like that Mal has started to work on the Dursleys and thereby improve Harry’s life. I am also enjoying all the 80s references and Mals comments on life. Thank you for sharing your writing
hdres chapter 2 . 4/5
Great start and an interesting premise. I really like your ghost and how he says what he thinks but also his compassion for Harry. Thank you for sharing your story.
Xeius9 chapter 18 . 4/4
The most suspicious thing I have always thought about the first chapter of philosophers stone was what Mcgonagall was doing.
She claims to have sat there all day before dumbledore turns up and is then shocked at the news of James and Lily's deaths.
Why was she sitting there. Did dumbledore already know he was going to attack that night. If it the day after and that's why there are reports of celebrations. Where did harry go and why was Hagrid flying him if not from godrics hollow