Reviews for By Chance or Purpose
busaikosensei chapter 25 . 1/9
Oh my, how wonderfully you brought that to a close! I was wondering how you would handle the rest of canon; while it was cruel of Gandalf to take those memories away, he was right in that Aragorn couldn't afford the weakness. I love that you found a way to keep true to canon!
This series is very sweet and wonderfully done. I look forward to reading the rest of it!
Pyrane chapter 25 . 8/17/2016
That. Is wonderful.
Well Done !
I had to stop and read back again 2 times the passage with "since he had first met the seemingly careless and accident-prone hobbit" to be sure that I had understood, before thinking "Oh well, she must have a reason." and start reading again *smile*
It is sad, but a great solution to *why* nothing changed even with all this history between them.
And Gandalf was resurected in Dumbledore. I so know it ! All this "Greater Good" crap...

Thank you so much for this nerve-wraking journey, and this sweet ending. And thanks to the co-author too ! I'll go read her ("her" ?) work after I finished yours ! *wink*

See ... or well, Read you soon ! *Grin*

***Pyrane***

PS : I just realized that FFnet eats all my emoticones and others smilet... Must be quite hungry. I disguised them as words to save them. This remind me of Bilbo disguising all vegetables in potages and soupes when Pipin first visited Bag End, but in reverse ! *wink*
Pyrane chapter 20 . 8/17/2016
...The words seemed to have somewhat.. tilted there, in the middle of everything.
Wonder what happend ;D

***Pyrane***
quarterhorseranch chapter 25 . 2/2/2016
Aww. :)
quarterhorseranch chapter 21 . 2/1/2016
I get the feeling that there are multiple types and/or sources of healing power in Middle Earth. It seems that Glorfindel's comes from the sheer LIFE and power and light that he posesses.

(And I loved that you had him present. :P)
quarterhorseranch chapter 20 . 2/1/2016
So it begins!
quarterhorseranch chapter 19 . 2/1/2016
I love Elrond!
quarterhorseranch chapter 18 . 2/1/2016
PURE! EPICNESS!

I LOVE, nay, ADORE the explanation you give for Elrond not being able to remove the shard immediately. It's very very VERY canonish. Like WOW. Like I LOVE THIS CHAPTER SO MUCH! Like AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!
quarterhorseranch chapter 17 . 2/1/2016
YAAAAAAAAA GLORFINDEL! WHOOP WHOOP!
quarterhorseranch chapter 16 . 2/1/2016
GLORFINDEL OVERLOAD! ! ! !

Wait, what am I saying, there is no such thing as a Glorfindel overload! :3
quarterhorseranch chapter 15 . 2/1/2016
GLORFINDEL! ! ! ! !

"Where were the search parties?" *snerk* Glorfindel IS a search party...

"They withdrew when they sensed my approach," YEEEAYAH!

"If 'mister' is a title, Samwise, I do not require one." SQUEEEEEEEEEE!
quarterhorseranch chapter 14 . 2/1/2016
I just loved it in the book when Aragorn breaks the stick over the troll's head. (Of course, I love everything Aragorn does.) XD I was so disappointed when they cut that part out of the movie. Bah! Humbug.

I don't see "your" Aragorn as being all that much different from in the books. He's a little bit more open and emotional (at least than he was at THAT particular stage of the books) but if he already knows Frodo and Sam that's to be expected. I keep seeing moments here of 100% book Aragorn wry/self-effacing humor/whatever the word is for it. XD Not a lot of people can capture him well, but you do.

And I didn't say this earlier, but I just LOVE the line in the beginning of Quarantined when Frodo was looking at all Aragorn's weapons and says he didn't touch them: "I noticed that." XD
quarterhorseranch chapter 8 . 2/1/2016
Oh I'm so glad you had Frodo cry Elbereth. I missed that in the movie.
quarterhorseranch chapter 7 . 2/1/2016
Dun dun duuuuuun!

Glorfindel!
quarterhorseranch chapter 6 . 2/1/2016
So adorable. :3 And funny.
1,504 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »