Reviews for the Leaves of the Tree
ScarletloveFever chapter 19 . 10/16
I just finished reading your storyit was amazing. I for one love the fact that you're not following the anime, giving it your own twist and turns is such a breath of fresh air. So I'm assuming that Sakura is not gonna be a medic with the way she's into fuuinjutsu? I mean I like medic Sakura but I'm so fed up of reading stories with all the her build up and then her finally deciding to be a medic LIKE ALWAYS (like what a big surprise I never saw it coming) . So I find this AU very interesting but well whatever you decide to do , I'm totally hooked on your story now and I can't wait to read more
Pibbinator chapter 19 . 10/1
Ah maaan... I gotta be honest, you’ve kinda lost me. I was really enjoying this story. I liked Sakura’s change from being in denial to consciously trying to improve herself from every angle. I enjoyed Sakura’s budding relationship with Naruto, how protective she got over him despite him being stronger than her. I enjoyed her changing relationships with Ino, Tenten, Kakashi, and Sasuke. I even enjoyed your take on ‘Inner Sakura’ a concept I usually hold with contempt.

But, as things progressed, there were a couple decisions I find...questionable. Sakura’s relationship with Jiraiya, for one. It just feels...odd, is the best word, to have Jiraiya take such a shine to her knowing her eventual relationship with Tsunade. For Jiraiya to claim her as his new pet project just seemed like you were over loading Sakura’s progression. Not only is she training with Naruto, and Lee, and Kakashi, and eventually Tsunade, but now even Jiraiya as well thinks she’s in need of his tutelage? Naruto getting Jiraiya’s help in canon felt right because at this point he was lacking any kind of actual mentor/training partner. It’s like if in canon Naruto got to be trained by Lee, Kakashi, Jiraiya and then eventually Tsunade. It’s just too much. It feels like every character she comes across is attracted to her and wants to help her now. I’m not saying this shouldn’t happen sometimes, but it seems to be happening all the time now.

And then there’s Sakura still being in love with Sasuke, and now Sasuke seemingly reciprocating those feelings in his usual, emotionally retarded, way. This pairing is honestly so crazy to me because it’s so much like canon. Sasuke never gives Sakura any reason to have feelings for him beyond his looks and cool attitude, her admitting as much in the story several times. Why is she holding onto this? And Sasuke, who doesn’t interact with anyone, wouldn’t jump from avoidance to crushing on this girl. It’d be a slow turtle walk from avoidance to comradery to friendship to romantic feelings, and Sasuke at this point has shown little signs of even considering her a friend rather than a comrade. Their relationship just doesn’t make any sense to me at this point.

If Sakura were to have budding feelings for anyone here, it’d be Naruto in this instance. You seemed to have gone out of your way to have the two grow close and for Naruto to become a structure of emotional support, only to friend zone him with giving him a ‘he’s pretty much like a brother to me’ label. Which, in all honesty, I kinda enjoyed that subversion. I would’ve preferred something more romantic considering he’s the first person in her age group to treat her like she wasn’t useless, but I was looking forward to that character dynamic just because it still sounded fun. But for her to not have romantic feelings for a boy who is clearly someone who cares for her on multiple levels no matter who she is boy who only gives her the smallest of acknowledgement after she’s changed EVERYTHING about herself, is just wrong to me. Love shouldn’t amount to you needing to change your entire being to amount to someone else’s standards. Love is loving someone for who they are, warts and all. Naruto does, platonic or romantically. Sasuke didn’t and only does now because of sizeable change.

And then, we get to Sakura’s parents. I honestly can’t tell where you’re going with this. It was such a sudden shift in tone that it really threw me for a loop. Maybe you have a plan, maybe it makes sense as things progress, but from my point of view all it does is add unnecessary angst to a story that was delightfully devoid of it. This story was charming because before that point any shock value was met with a shocking amount of optimism and support from the characters. Naruto being comforted over the news of his mother, Kakashi’s reacting to his team’s attack, all of that felt real and was given a real reaction to it. But this felt like shock value for the sake of shock value. And yes, Sakura got a similar kind of support, but it was out weighed by just how gruesome the act of violence was against her.

All in all, I’m conflicted on continuing. I really liked your writing, your take on the world and characters, and even the action was all really good when there was any. But I really am not a fan of these recent chapter decisions. I think I’ll return to it at a later date, once this is several chapters ahead and maybe these problems will be fixed.

Either way, I wish the best of luck to you and this story.
kanachan876 chapter 13 . 9/29
i dont think ino want to hurts herself when she use the mind jutsu. cuz the damage she receive will transfer to her body also.
Glazed over eyes? I'm not entirely sure if he's lost in memories, or there's a bit more to that.

Not sure wat the 'Naruto fucked up' is referring to. His next spoken line in the chapter? Was figuring it would be more a sealing related thing, though.
Kakashi seems to have started to actually pay attention?

Though wouldn't Kakashi's behavior be rude in and of itself? Being the jonin in charge, he is still on the team, after all.
Mimi-moo224 chapter 19 . 9/29
Thank you for the chapter! Also damn that’s one way to end this...talk about cliffhangers
Emma3mikan chapter 19 . 9/29
Oh gos, continous pleaseeee
Akuma-Heika chapter 11 . 8/20
I would say financially killing someone would be immensely more cruel than just killing them.
rswknight chapter 18 . 8/6
Love this story. One of the best NaruSaku familial stories I’ve seen, and I say this as a NaruSaku shipper. But you’ve done a great job of capturing how they bring out the best in one another with such a strong and selfless love that it is very impressive.

Thanks so much for sharing!
KingofthePhantomDragon chapter 18 . 8/3
I really want Sakura to go with Naruto and Jiraiya to find Tsunade. That will be a Hell of a great impression. Can’t wait for the next update.
EmmaAnna chapter 18 . 7/30
update soon please
StormScythe chapter 18 . 7/29
This is phenomenal and I cant wait for more.

Have to say one of the things you've done best is hit that sudden transition from joking and light hearted to serious and grim just right to make the reader feel it.

Seriously, very well done.
Mimi-moo224 chapter 18 . 7/29
This was so cute! I honestly really like Sakura’s uncle this whole chapter was really adorable even though it was about Sakura grieving
dstar3k chapter 10 . 7/29
I have a major problem here, namely that Team Seven (with or without Kakashi) did not immediately go nukenin when they learned it was being covered up. Because as you've written them, I can't imagine then not being _far_ more loyal to each other than to Konoha, especially after learning that Naruto's mother and clan were deliberately erased.

Hell, it's the right thing to do, if Sarutobi is covering up Orochimaru's crimes.
zafnak chapter 18 . 7/29