Reviews for Imperium of Vader
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 4 . 7/8
What an interesting story. Would love to see more of it. :)
DracoKing30 chapter 4 . 7/2
Really love this story can't wait for new chapters
Tek Thayn chapter 4 . 6/29
Is this story abandoned? It's a great story that is well written, it would be a shame for it to never continue.
HailHydra145 chapter 4 . 5/26
I'm loving this story! Keep up the good work!
DorothyDeath chapter 4 . 5/23
I love your story, I love your writing, how thoughtful and thought-provoking it is! I love your Vader and I love-love-love your idea of building something new, more efficient, than the Galactic Republic!

I love Vader's proposal for the political reforms, especially the clause about people being able to fire a Senator at any moment. This is an important improvement.

The success of those political changes, however, depends of the question of economics, chiefly the question of property. And now I wonder how you're planning to resolve this question. Because as far as I see there is only one way to do it. Let me explain.

Vader's goal for his new system is efficiency. This goal is at odds with the goal of each private owner of each private business. How so?

Well, it goes like this.

Say, I own a factory that makes durasteel. I sell this durasteel to the owner of a factory that makes droids. My goal is to sell my stuff as expensive as I can possibly get. The other owner's goal is to buy it as cheaply as they possibly can. Our goals are at odds. We cannot work as one efficient unit.

Say there is a third person, who owns another durasteel factory on another planet and wants to sell their durasteel to my buyer. We have to compete for the market. My goal is to destroy my rival (ecomonically or by force, if economic means do not achieve results). Their goal is to destroy me. We are at odds. We cannot function as an efficient unit.

Say my rival tries to destroy me by economic means, making cheaper durasteel. How do they make it cheaper? Do they cut corners with safety measures? Cut pay of their workers? Use child labor? Get slaves because they can get away with it, a-la the krupps and thyssens of the Third Reich? All those and similar measures serve the goal of profits but hurt the goal of efficiency because it wastes the most important resource in the Galaxy - sentient beings who do the actual labor (both manual and intellectual labor), without whom no other resource is possible to extract.

Or maybe my rival's scientists discovered a new, more efficient technology to produce durasteel? Maybe then the goal of profit align with the goal of efficiency? No, even in that case, it does not. Because instead of sharing this new tech with all durasteel factories of the galaxy and making all of them more efficient, my rival will guard this tech as their commercial secret. In order to complete with that, my scientists will have to conduct a separate research from scratch, wasting time, resources, and more importantly wasting sentient lives, their lives, on reinventing something that has already been invented. Instead of inventing something new using that previous research as a stepping stone.

All of this is highly inefficient. Not to mention that any kind of unity, natural, unforced-by-the-iron-grip-of-the-state unity, is impossible in this system.

More importantly it undermines the political reforms that Vader wants to implement. Because I, a rich owner of a durasteel factory, can easily buy any mass media and promote my own candidates to the Senate. No signle worker can EVER hope to amass such wealth through their honest work as I, the owner, can amass through owning the factory. (Look no further than Jeff Bezopoodoo for example). Therefore no worker can EVER hope to appoint their own candidate, because they can NEVER promote and popularize their candidate to the extent that I, the owner, can. If my wealth is equal to the combined wealth of thousands of workers, it means that my vote is equal to thousands of votes of the workers. And if the workers somehow manage to recall my Senator from the Senate? Well, I'll just buy myself another political puppet and promote it instead.

The system of private property makes a scam out of Vader's proposal. The same exact scam of democracy that the Republic had.

Now if all the factories in all the galaxy belong to only one owner. Then this owner doesn't care which durasteel factory invented this new tech first, they are free to spread it to all durasteel factories. And if that happen to result in some durasteel factories being redundant? This single owner isn't invested in keeping any particular durasteel factory running (as a private owner of that factory would). The sigle-owner-of-all can just remake those redundant durasteel factories to produce something else instead, something that is needed. This is efficient. When you know exactly what you have, where you have, what it is capable of, and what can and NEEDS to be done with it.

Now three question remain: who this single owner could be, how can this owner keep the workers invested in the goal of efficiency, and how can they make sure that the candidates to the Senates are appointed and dismissed by the people and not one rich person?

The answer to all of those questions is: the public ownership of the means of production. Where no one person can just own something, sit back, not work and amass wealth. Where no one person can amass wealth x1000 times more than anyone else. Where no one person can make a power grab by buying votes for their puppets through owning mass media. Where each one vote is just it - one vote. Where profit is impossible to extract for reaches and use of one being. Where no one being can have the means to buy other beings. Where profits serve the goal of efficiency, and efficiency is measured by the living conditions of all the people and the free time that they have. Where the people are invested in improving those conditions because it's their conditions, and they have the power to do so. And where corrupt individuals, who just want to gain and not give back, are easily spotted and exposed by their co-workers and the people around them.

How does one achieve this efficient, transparent and truly democratic system? The owners of factories would never ever willingly give their power away. They murdered and robbed and scammed to get their starter capital and they will not relinquish the fruits of it out of the goodness of their heart. How does one dismantle this dictatorship of reach people that pretends to be a democracy and arrive at true democracy?

So the answer is: you arrive at true democracy through a different kind of dictatorship. In real world that would be the dictatorship of the working people, the majority of people of the world, who dictate their will to the former owners, the former rich minority.

That would be in the real world. Here we have the dictatorship of Vader, which is good enough for me. ;D

Hope you return to this story one day!
Degurechaff Gintoki chapter 4 . 5/14
you are not going to continue the story I always wanted to read a story about what would happen his darth vader killed the emperor and took over the throne
RonaldM40196867 chapter 4 . 3/23
The senators plans are pretty fun to watch.

Vader likes bactade.
RonaldM40196867 chapter 3 . 3/23
Tarkin, Thrawn, Vader, and the Grand Inquisitor are going to stop Operation Cinder.

Starkiller is awesome.

I loved Vader’s meeting with Bail Organa in chapter 1.
RonaldM40196867 chapter 2 . 3/23
I hate politicians too, Vader.

Vader is an interesting boss.
RonaldM40196867 chapter 1 . 3/23
Tarkin and Vader make a good team.

Now Vader has had his revenge!

In a sense Vader is telling the truth about a Jedi killing Sidious, it was him.
good fic
XDBOI chapter 1 . 2/10
WARNING! Carry on reading! Or you will die, even if
you only looked at the word warning! Once there was
a little girl called Clarissa, she was ten-years-old and
she lives in a mental hospital, because she killed her
mom and dad. She got so bad she went to kill all the
staff in the hospital so the More-government
decided that the best idea was to get rid of her so
they set up a special room to kill her, as humane as
possible but it went wrong the machine they were
using went wrong. And she sat there in agony for
hours until she died. Now every week on the day of
her death she returns to the person that read this
letter, on a Monday night at 12:00 a.m. She creeps
into your room and kills you slowly, by cutting you
and watching you bleed to death. Now send this to
ten other pictures on the site, and she will haunt
someone else who doesn't. This isn't fake,
apparently, if you copy and paste this to ten
comments in the next ten minutes you will have the
best day of your life tomorrow…

This is a copypasta, right?
redmen6blight chapter 4 . 1/17
So is Luke not existent? Or is this so much earlier than the normal Star Wars timeline that we just have not gotten there yet. So far enjoying this that was the biggest question I had at the moment.
Thomas-The-TMC chapter 4 . 1/3
Hope it gets an update. Love your stories
Thomas-The-TMC chapter 2 . 1/3
I hope you carry this on