Reviews for Checkmate
Deafheaven8 chapter 4 . 11h
Hope your brief hiatus didn’t kill this story. I’ve seen so many good Miura fics abandoned over the years and hope you see this one through to the end.
The Miura Hachiman portions are far more interesting to me tbh. Makes me want an AU where Yukino goes to a different school and the Sable incident never happened, so Hachiman has different impetus to change and Miura becomes part of that.

I think the problem is that the Yukino portions feel less genuine to me as a reader. They make me feel like I'm reading a play rather than a story about people.
Gid Lucione Deviluke chapter 13 . 9/13
I don't like the Yukino in this story. Her close to being INSANE personality doesn't suit her (Well not entirely) but we all knew that she's being too far from the original. But, I can't really complain about that so I won't complain about it I'll just say that I am not fond of her way of thinking in this story.

On Miura, I don't have anything bad to say. It's really a perfect fit since we all knew that Miura is not all that much of a Tyrant type since we all saw during the series that she's not that much of a stucked-up person (Atleast not unless it involves Hayato).

That's all and also...

MORE INTERACTIONS BETWEEN SENSEI AND 8MAN! THE SAME GOES FOR HINA AND 8MAN!
Gid Lucione Deviluke chapter 4 . 9/10
Yukinon sounds and feels like a Yandere for some reason... I don't hate it, but it's somehow creeping the shit out of me even though she is my favorite along with Yumiko and Sensei
Axel363402 chapter 9 . 8/31
The girls being possessive is always a treat to read.
RandomGuest chapter 4 . 8/29
Well this fanfic, at least for me, shows Miura how I think she'd act if the mask of Hayama broke and she noticed it. But yeah the various fanfics portray her differently. But man this is an interesting concept! Personally I'm interested in Hikigaya getting together with all them girls, but my man is just too dark and cynical to realize how many have affection for him. And the potential candidates for a harem. And potential girl-friends. As in friends whom are girls. I mean he has a youth romantic comedy! Just needs to stop being dense as frick!
RandomGuest chapter 3 . 8/29
Hikigaya in a cheerleader outfit... well, might as well include a maid outfit in the bundle? Why not a teacher attire just to have the bundle of the Perfect Gal? XD. That would be hilarious to see him in a cheerleader outfit. Such cringe for some, but for me its comedy on a level only I seem to understand.
I-Nex-I chapter 11 . 8/25
“ I replied briefly, lying as naturally as I breathed, and Hayama nodded in reply.”

An 8man x Hayasaka fic would be really interesting now that I think about it
I-Nex-I chapter 10 . 8/25
Ahhh, the yandere war begins.
miyux8man chapter 13 . 8/25
Nice read, I like the yandere vibes to it. I hope u dont make Yumiko into a weakling like u did with Iroha. Theres so many Yukino stories out there so, im hoping for a yumiko ending. Maybe make yumiko help 8man realize yukino is crazy like how 8man did with hayama.
Uday Sra chapter 13 . 7/3
Awesome
Talilover chapter 13 . 6/17
Ngl chief, I find myself speed reading this alot, there just seems to be so much...gristle(?)

The ending part with yukino and Iroha was neat and done well, the rest of the chapter a bit on the uninteresting/ treading the same ol topics again imo

Still looking forward to what this story can be tho
ZeroSkills chapter 8 . 6/13
For a second there I thought you were gonna insert a DDLC reference, but I wasn't disappointed you referenced Inou Battle instead, highly underrated series.
ZeroSkills chapter 3 . 6/12
Of course Hachiman listens to MythRoid...
Deafheaven8 chapter 13 . 6/11
Glad you’re still continuing the story. A lot of active stories seem to have been abandoned once the anime adaption ended.

Team Yumiko