Reviews for Daphne's Letter from the Future
Bronze chapter 4 . 9/11/2020
You do realize that at one time it would've been healthier to eat the cardboard box the cornflakes came in rather than the cornflakes themselves? But by the time of this story the cornflakes were actually good for you. It really doesn't surprise me that Harry would think Hermione didn't love him back. But than he didn't stick around long enough for her to reengage her brain and get over the shock of him telling her that.
Bronze chapter 3 . 9/11/2020
I'm more than sure that the binding on Harry's core was put there by ol' Fumblemort himself as a way of ensuring Harry doesn't get powerful enough to defeat Riddle on his own.
Bronze chapter 2 . 9/11/2020
Now that last statement was a good idea as it gives the Goblins no incentive to allow Harry to die. But I think Harry missed a trick here. He should've asked for an audit of every Potter or Black vault Fumblemort had access to as well as getting back every Knut Fumblemort gave to the Dursleys to supposedly pay for Harry's needs as he grew. Oh, and don't forget to charge interest on all that money as none of it was spent on Harry. And if ol' Fumblemort took anymore money for whatever reason form those vaults, square the interest he owes as a fine. Who cares if thee old fraud goes broke! It wasn't his money in the first place!
Bronze chapter 1 . 9/11/2020
I already knew Fumblemort was a Dark Lord. Everything he did to Harry in the books screams Dark Lord! Though I've never read them I don't remember anyone who has saying anything about the Potters having made out a WILL. I personally don't see them not doing so considering they were living in a time of war and had a psycho Dark Lord after them. Another thing I don't understand is why the Potters didn't simply leave the country without telling the Disorder. They had to know with how many members had already been killed there was a spy in the Disorder. Son why tell them they were leaving? Simply leave and don't contact anyone afterwards. Of course I can see Lily convincing Alice and Frank to leave also. Unfortunately, I can see Ol' Fumblemort doing whatever it took to force both families to stay. After all, if both families did vanish into the muggle world of another country it's destroy all his plans and he can't have that.
The God of Perverts chapter 24 . 9/13/2020
I always wondered how the wizarding world wasn't found by satellites. I know tech doesn't work in there, so would those locations show up as dead zones where no image can be seen? If so, wouldn't the government send people to investigate those locations? Would they realize something is wrong when their people keep getting redirected or forgetting about why they are there?
Jharry1960 chapter 25 . 9/11/2020
Good story. Thank you. Couldn't help getting political though. Hahaha.
BMS chapter 25 . 9/5/2020
Awesome tale.
BMS chapter 15 . 9/5/2020
Excellent story so far.
RE: AN comments about wards being domes.
The books don't say anything either way. The last movie does show the wards curving at the top during the final battle as they're breaking when Tom & co. attack them but don't actually show if they're a true dome or its part of their collapsing. I'm not sure if Pottermore says anything about them at all.
I think most people presume they are because of the way they were waiting above #4 when Harry left it but all that proves (IMHO) is they knew where Hrry was and how the Order planned to get him out. Since JKR never explained how they kept DE out when the Bloodwards Lily's sacrifice allowed were only effective against Voldie. Note how Lucius touched Harry in CoS and didn't burn or hell, Dobby being in Harry's bedroom.
marvinkitfox1 chapter 18 . 8/30/2020
Ah.
Thank you for that over-the-top example of a contrived Deus Ex Machina.

It is SO much clearer than the dictionary definition of "an unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation, especially as a *contrived* plot device in a play or novel."
marvinkitfox1 chapter 16 . 8/30/2020
Tonks has a SERVICE PISTOL?

Harry has a *parseltongue* spell in his future-guide that "gave the distance in feet" to something.
So WHY did he need to have Hermione develop a very very similar spell from bare bones up? In English, which he then had to re-translate to Parsel?
Guest chapter 25 . 8/28/2020
Awesome
Souen11 chapter 25 . 8/24/2020
The story was enjoyable as a whole. The letters an interesting twist that at least didn't feel overdone. The magical theory made sense and didn't feel out of place. The reasoning with the planes was especially interesting seeing as I'd never thought of that.
The pairing was where it just... lacked.
Like I already said I liked the letters part of introducing Daphne but throughout the story it always felt like Hermione was still his number 1. Daphne was sort of there, and she did her 'job' as an adviser but it never felt like the two fell in love. I thought that part was too dry. 'The letter said we'll be happy, so we're betrothed now.'
I also feel like Daphne would inevitably fall to the way side over the years. Hermione and Harry are much closer. With the girls sharing and splitting his time it's not a reach to say that it's likely that he'll spend more time with her. Which is exactly the reason Daphne should be trying to make this a polyamorous relationship. That is if she really fell in love with Harry. Which we didn't really see.

I guess my final point and I maybe advise on writing multipairings in the future would be to establish stronger connections between all parts of the relationship. We have 5 years of Hermiones friendship before your story even starts, and only a few weeks and a letter for Daphne. It's too much of an imbalance.

Maybe that helps with your next story.
Enjoyed reading it, thanks for putting in the work.

Cheers
Mad Mav chapter 2 . 8/23/2020
Had my interest, until you brought Granger into the story. Fucking cunt that she is, you just couldn't leave her out of this could you? Fuck this, I'm out.
hpreader1974 chapter 25 . 8/22/2020
Howdy,

I enjoyed your story very much with the different spin on it. Keep on writing and Gig em.

Bill