Reviews for Daphne's Letter from the Future
Argonaut986 chapter 1 . 7/23
Harry has no idea about the truth.
Darksnider05 chapter 9 . 7/20
Did you ever consider why James Potter was going so hard at Snape the young Blood purist who was interacting with people who terrorized the muggleborn population of Hogwarts? Without context that situation looks like bullying and it probably was in part. But Lily not being able to see what Snape is doing to her fellow muggleborns and still defending him is on her. I doubt Lily was well thought of when she stood for someone who was for sure calling other people mudblood when she wasn't around.

James Potter and Sirius Black chose to fight terrorist of their volition, Snape joined a terrorist organization and supported them while in school. That whole Snape situation never worked for me because we get to see an instance of him losing to James with a spell of his own creation.
Nohe Cruz chapter 19 . 7/15
I read Double Back and love it they update last week thanks for talling me of it.
Stormshadow13 chapter 25 . 7/11
Great story.
mkeeg91 chapter 25 . 7/10
Well. An interesting story for sure.
I love the concept.
I loved most of the major events.
Some of the in between felt rushed. But I know how that can be so no complaints here.

But one complaint I do have.
They got married in a school bathroom?
Haha eww.

Beyond that, very nice story
kgfinkel chapter 10 . 6/29
Albus Dumbledore may have been the so-called 'Leader of the Light' but he actually fostered discord and conflict rather than unity.

He was the Headmaster of Hogwarts, Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot and the Supreme Mugwump of the ICW. He had enormous influence but what did he actually DO with that influence? He sat back and let the extremist bigots do whatever they wanted. He could've made Muggle Studies compulsory and taught by a qualified and competent teacher, and tried to bring about change through education.

He could've had a similar compulsory introduction to Wizarding culture for the muggle-born/raised children to the magical world, teaching them the customs and traditions.

Instead, the Muggle Studies class was a joke to the magically-raised and the Muggle-born/raised kids were left to sink or swim on their own. They weren't given any help in integrating into this new world or even taught the basics such as how to write with a quill!

The muggleborn/raised children would've been offending the magically-raised every time they opened their mouths, not intentionally mind you but because Albus Dumbledore never made an effort to ensure they were taught Wizarding ways.

All to bring about a generational conflict that would allow Albus to guide the world into becoming the way he wanted it to be for the Greater Good.
The Ghostly Minion chapter 22 . 6/21
Yet another chapter not reviewed. What’s wrong with me?

The attack could hardly have gone better. Yes Chunky should not have saved Lucius. In the end the point was moot since the second attack killed him off anyways. I’m glad however that he died with massive doubt on his mind. So all that’s left is Voldemort and Snape.

Harry’s dealings with Narcissa show his compassion and willingness to pay her forward for actions that will no longer occur. For her to feel Lucius’ death is a rather novel twist.I’m glad that they could come to an accord. Harry’s takeover of House Malfoy foreshadows what happens at Gringotts prior to the duel. For the allies Voldemort had in the original timeline to desert him can’t be considered a shock — the Giants and Weres won’t back a loser. The same holds true for the vampires, though they had an excuse to decline that didn’t sound like the dismissal it really is.

Riddle’s Hubris again comes to the fore. EVERY time he’s confronted Harry has been a ‘sneak attack’. In his pride Tom fails to learn from history, so even without know how the dual plays out you known he’ll lose!

The Ghostly Minion chapter 20 . 6/21
Another I haven’t reviewed. What’s wrong with me?

I really like the exploration of Slytherin’s room beyond. One reviewer disliked Hermione’s reaction to the new libraries. I disagree. Hermione’s reaction to libraries, books and new knowledge is a constant throughout canon so it hardly bears comment let alone a flame.

I like the way Harry conjures translated books and duplicates the Parsel books for later research. The spells found were all interesting and potentially useful. Finally, big ups for summoning Greyclay to lead them out of the Chamber.

The Dumbledore/Myrtle side of thing is too funny. Particularly when Albus gets ‘schooled’ by the spirit of Hogwarts Without Fawkes, he has no way to get to the four and confront them.

All in all a primo chapter.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 19 . 6/21
I didn’t review this chapter. Unbelievable!

First the preparations at Grimmauld make all sorts of sense. Choosing Fleur over Bill is an entirely understandable move. Also he’s spreading the wealth as Bill was the main help in Harry learning how to do this operation. The Unbreakable oaths are simply sensible.

Harry’s next action was a bit more controversial Unlike the reviewer who gave up on the story, this is not a stupid move. We must remember that Harry is guided by Old Harry. We know that what Old Harry did conforms to canon. Harry is learning from that, so he is removing a complicating factor, one that Dumbledore is relying on. Anything that weakens Albus is an advantage for Harry in this go around. Having Minerva inform Dumbledore is yet another way to wrong foot him. The more uncertain he is the better for Harry.

What Dumbledore wants the next morning is to be expected and fits into his compulsion to control everything. Minerva’s news therefore fulfills Harry’s intentions beautifully.

Voldemort’s actions are fully predictable. I’ve no sympathy for Lucius. Riddle amply show his main similarity with Albus — Hubris. His talk with Snape’s works and of course Snape is right not to let the other shoe drop.

For Harry to bring his b]witches and Neville into Hogwarts makes sense. The meeting with the House Ghosts was funny. Hermione’s ripost to the Baron’s bigotry shove some home truths down his ‘throat’. Fortunately he takes that in stride.

JOHN0713 chapter 25 . 6/20
Enjoyed the story until you wrote about that idiot Obama and you had to slander Trump.
Eagle-Eyes chapter 25 . 6/9
Loved it.

Keep writing as life allows
Celticowl chapter 25 . 6/7
great story!
agnar chapter 15 . 5/21
On re-reading this, Harry should've realized, and pointed out, that Lucius was NOT a witness to Harry trying to crucio Bellatrix. That event happened in the Atrium, and the only ones present were Harry, Bellatrix, and Voldemort likely in hiding, as he appeared just after Harry tried to cast.

So Lucius claiming to witness the said event, is him declaring he has been in personal contact with Bellatrix and/or Voldemort AFTER he bribed his way out of jail.
Pteaset chapter 1 . 5/6
I like it
williamhaysjr chapter 10 . 4/29
I will be honest with you, the Ron-bashing is just too easy. Why are you taking the easy route there? Why not try and have Harry do what it looks like you are trying to do with Snape? He should be trying to redeem Ron (who has been his friend for 5 years) especially when it would be easier to get him back onto the right path. Why try to redeem Snape but not Ron?
852 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »