Reviews for Daphne's Letter from the Future
Sleepyhawk502 chapter 25 . 4/29
Great ending, loved the story. Thanks for sharing!
bkerrmom1 chapter 25 . 4/20
Brilliant story !
E.Elliot chapter 25 . 4/19
I love it!
CharlesDalby chapter 25 . 3/31
Excellent story !
GrumpyOldMan1 chapter 25 . 4/2
Good story, probably did not rate an M. I am looking forward to more of your .
gginsc chapter 25 . 3/31
I wonder why Snape followed Voldy around until he was killed (Snape that is). Surely he was clever enough to have escaped.
Marauder no. Five chapter 25 . 3/26
a very enjoyable read. loved tonksatrix!
potterpalspranks chapter 9 . 3/16
The triwizard tournament does not make you an adult if you compete in it.

If doing a thing that is legal for only an adult to do makes you an adult then everytime a minor drinks or buys firewhisky for a common room quidditch game celebration is now adults. If you want to say it is because the Chief Warlock, and 2 department heads need to verbally sign off then imagine a Yule party where they run out of fire whisky. One of the department heads tells their 8 year old child they need to go and get a bottle of fire whiskey for them because they are to drunk to use the floe without getting lost. Fire whiskey a substance that has a known adult only age limit. Another department head at the party agrees as does the Chief Warlock. The child says no I cannot as i am not an adult and cannot buy this. The chief Warlock and another department head reply you have to do this no one else can. Maybe the child is told if you don't do this I will cast you out and take back the family magic. Maybe they even all sign a letter giving their permission or give the child a glamour to pull this off. The child buys the alcohol brings it home. Does this now mean that since he has done something that only adults can do after being forced by ministry officials that he is now a legal adult? No!

2 There are all sorts of children tried as adults, for sexual assaults, murders, treason, etc. If the person of a child's age is acquitted it doesn't make them an adult in the muggle world. If the breaking of the statute of secrecy was attached it would be akin to treason and probably be up to the discretion of the state if they wanted to kick it to the Child court or the adult court.

3 Is probably your best bet for an argument as the house/money in the muggle world would need to be handled by an adult until they reached adulthood. That said it is the magical world maybe they let 11 year olds inherit as children and blow through the money as they see fit. Different countries have set different ages to vote, drink, drive, marry, etc. Passing one of those benchmarks doesn't necessarily mean you get all the rights and privileges of the others.

You can say magical rules so don't look to muggle rules for guidance. I will say fine, don't then state for a fact that these are times Harry is an adult. I will also counter fine JK gets to make Wizard laws as she goes because it's a magical world she created with their own laws Remember in the books never once mentions scion rings, magical guardians, or family magics, among many other things often used in fan fiction that are never actually ever mentioned in books. You want to argue that the Wizengamot was established when the crown said so clarifying that the crown still has ultimate rule fine. in the century since then the crown hasn't bothered to do duties of oversight.
johnnycucumber chapter 18 . 3/11
Nice job with the Superman reference!
repairedstorm12 chapter 1 . 3/6
you sir/ma'am are now one of my favorite writers
FanFicfan111 chapter 1 . 3/2
Grow up kid who cant think about anything other than sex, relations are about loyalty, not your lusty threesome!
iChaos chapter 25 . 2/26
I can appreciate what you tried to do with this story and for the most part I think you accomplished your goal. To be honest, the writing could have been better. It felt as if you were rushing through the majority of text without proofreading, and Harry's sanctimonious speeches and behavior towards antagonistic characters ruined much of his credibility. This lack of oppisition in the face of young Harry's artificial prowess made the resolution of the plot ultimately feel less satisfying than it might have if he had to work for it a little harder. Nevertheless, it was a creative story. Thank you for sharing.
Pointer3109 chapter 20 . 2/21
It strikes me that Harry has a rune sequence that grants parsel tongue to people...
Pointer3109 chapter 14 . 2/21
I remember a story (but not the name) where Harry did something similar by using shrunken rocks which he enlarged.

Above Malfoy Manor.

Enjoyed it.
Pointer3109 chapter 5 . 2/20
I don't remember the society, although I vaguely think Regency England, the hand kissing thing is for married women.
Marriageable but unmarried ladies would have their hands 'air' kissed. That is the kiss would be in the air above their knuckles, never touching skin. Even though that skin would be covered by gloves.
Remember, the waltz was a scandalous dance because you touched your partners waist. With gloves on. Both sexes.
852 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »