Reviews for He's Not Heavy, He's My Brother
aimless-37 chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
I read this story a while back and now that I have finally registered on this site I can leave a review.
I loved your story, the characterizations were very well done. The action flowed smoothly and the tension was high throughout. I really liked the descriptions of the emotions that Haldir went through when he thought he was going to lose his brother. You made the reader feel these emotions too. I also thought the ending was sad but as in life there are not always happy endings. The events in your story helped to shape the elf we know as Haldir, namely His distrust in humans and the closing off of his emotions to everyone else but his brothers and his Lord and Lady. Bravo on a wonderful story that had me grabbing for the tissues at the end. Keep up the excellent work.
Peace,
Amy
Pineapple Princess chapter 5 . 1/31/2004
Wow, I loved this fic. It was truly awsome.
The ending was a suprise but it really speaks of the themes that can be overlookd if it were a happy ending. Sort of like the Big Brother is Watching from the puritan days when you could get hanged if one of your neighbors accused you of doing something against the law.
It really hit a nerve with me with the whole hate/prejudice/rumor sort of theme. I've experienced that first hand. Losing someone to a hate crime is terrible.
This was great, i can't wait to read more from you.
Rosemary For Remembrance chapter 5 . 12/13/2003
Great! I loved the ending, even if it was sad, you did it well. I'm glad you brought Orophin along, just having the two go back alone would be kind of cliche happy ending sorta stuff. I'm off to read your Leggy fic!
Chibi Mo
Rosemary For Remembrance chapter 1 . 12/13/2003
*shudder* O.o eww...
your'e great with detail though. You do an awesome job of keeping it believable in a way that readers can easily visualise what's going on.
Good job!
Chibi Mo
tineryn chapter 5 . 6/26/2003
AWW! *sniff* that was so cute! Poor Haldir... poor Rumil. Their brother-bond was so adorable. Update something soon!
Andrea chapter 5 . 5/25/2003
It was heartbreaking. I loved it - the end too. And I think, that this ending is much more "real" than a happy end. I am looking forward your next storys.

Andrea
R. Lupe chapter 5 . 5/24/2003
Omg, that was terribly sad! When the part came to where Haldir saw just a figure I had this little mental picture and it was so sad.

I have to agree with you, no matter how sad this was, there are quite a few stories with all happy endings and this was quite a fresh and new twist of things. I was kind of thinking you would go along this route for some reason, I don't know why. lol. Maybe I'm telepathic, I don't know. Bah.

Your descriptions were fabulous and really burned in the grief and feeling of prejudice and betrayal now. It's a gimme that it's there now and I think it's a good little tick in there. Very well done. I look forward to your new fic!

-SS/Lacey

P.S. Did I mention that I was thinking of tragedy in PB..? *Smiles*
Dark Epiphany chapter 5 . 5/23/2003
I loved it. Truly wonderful story if I do say so myself. And I agree, not all stories should have perfect, happy endings. Quite refreshing to read one that wasn't! But now I must kill you (not literally) because I am eternally addicted to your writing :)
Stardust60 chapter 5 . 5/23/2003
When I read your warning in chapter 4 about the next chapter, I had a feeling that someone, most likely Mowaea was going to die. I glad Haldir and his two brothers didn't perish. Don't think I could bear that heartbreak!

So *very* moving and tragic ending.

P.S. Don't know if authors check for new reviews for their previously finished stories or not, but will leave one for your "Carry Me to My Own".
Aemilia Rose chapter 5 . 5/23/2003
What a sad ending!

But I do agree with you. A story like this that is different stays in the mind longer.

But this story does seem to have an open ending. Are you planning a sequal?
My name is Hotaru9 chapter 5 . 5/23/2003
Aww. The ending was sad . It was good, but sad. Poor Mowaea,she died. I really like the fic. It had a wonderful plot and i like the originality.
Isilwen-Telpefion chapter 5 . 5/23/2003
Aww sheesh! Didya have to end it like this! Now I'm all teary-eyed and my mascara is running and dammit I gotta go out in a minute! Oh well at least RĂºmil didn't die, or my precious Orophin. Hope to read more by you. Have you checked out my story I said about before? The one with the village of elf-hating people that your story reminded me of? It's called Who's Your Daddy and I've got 3 chapters up so far.
callie27 chapter 5 . 5/23/2003
aww! that was so sad! *sniff* still, it's a good twist you've put there and i somewhat appreciate the deviance from what is normal P i hope to see your new fic soon! P
nevvy chapter 5 . 5/22/2003
aww how sad! ;_; it was a good ending anyhow, even though you decided to kill off Mowaea **eyes narrow** oh well, you have terribly fantastic writing, and i cant wait to read your next fic!
R. Lupe chapter 4 . 5/21/2003
Oh dear...I tried to hold it in, i really did. I just couldn't. At this particular part:

"When you do that, it will be the day I walk naked through Lothlorien singing human drinking songs and dancing like an idiot!"

I just about busted a lung because my sister is sleeping and I was trying not to laugh. I actually had to grab a pillow and laugh into it before I really did bust a lung. That was terribly funny!

Aside from that humorous part the chapter was very heartfelt and well written. The 'boys' all together was a great little touching moment. I liked that a lot.

Well done! *Claps* I look forward to more soon! I can't wait to see what happens when they go to get her..Any problems on the way? All right, I'm truly sad.

More soon!