Reviews for Loose Cannon
alix33 chapter 32 . 20h
I like Helena and Hermione's interaction in this chapter so much.
I am still set on disliking Helena somewhat, though, because she's going to break Harry's heart by breaking up with him.
I am a newspaper copyeditor and have been one for very nearly 18 years, but even so, I have always loathed Rita Skeeter. Now, after she polyjuiced herself into Sally-Ann Perks and eavesdropped on Harry's party and good intentions so cruelly, I loathe her even more.
alix33 chapter 31 . 9/29
Won't the tapestry be considered art? If that is the case the painter who removed Walburga's portrait could have a look and see if she couldn't repair it.
I didn't even consider Harry might get birthday presents from a fair few people who will attend his birthday party.
Sally-Anne reminded me of Lavender and Parvati because of how nosy she (Sally-Anne) is bombarding Harry with questions.
So, Harry is stashing all of the bottles of firewhisky he has got thus far on a windowsill behind a curtain?
I liked the alliteation in "was willing to wear".
Drunk Harry is very funny.
alix33 chapter 30 . 9/29
AW! at the mental pic I just got of those Hogwarts house elves starting to wail in misery.
Yay! at Lee and George having got their broadcast licence.
AW! at probably the first time that Harry would be able to remember that he's had Happy Birthday sung to him.
I snort-laughed at the mental pic I got of portrait-Snape's probable reaction to that pic of Oliver Wood and Harry waved in front of him.
alix33 chapter 29 . 9/28
You meant "Ryan's parents' house".
Every brain cell I have cheered as I read Lucinda saying "It's a scandal that none of the adults in his life were any use" about Harry.
alix33 chapter 28 . 9/28
Those plans for reforming quidditch sounds rather fun.
alix33 chapter 27 . 9/28
I like it that Hermione told Owen that Dumbles did not ever act in Harry's best interests.
I like the alliteration in "way with words".
I am sorry about your having been love-potioned, Ryan. I thought "date-raped", not "raped", the way Hermione put it, but she's right.
I love the prospect of Lucinda appreciating Neville Longbottom and his bravery and ocurage appropriately.
LOL at Hermione's "scored" pun.
alix33 chapter 26 . 9/28
I agree with every syllable out of Lucinda's mouth about Harry and how the only ever alleged adults in his life failed him grossly.
LOL at Lucinda asking Hermione if Harry was alright in the head.
I snort-laughed at Ginny calling Ryan a serious upgrade from Ron.
If Luna became a professional quidditch player, Merlin help her teammates and the opponents.
alix33 chapter 25 . 9/28
After this quidditch match all of Harry's Cannons teammates need figurines, IMO.
alix33 chapter 24 . 9/28
You meant for Harry to say "they gave us Pepper-Up Potion".
Harry does diplomatic moves?
You have to write a bit in a future chapter about the apoplexy Snape in his portait has in reaction to the Harry Potter Chudley Cannons merchandise that Minerva displays in that portrait's line of sight.
Congratulations, Harry and the rest of the Cannons.
Kalen Darkmoon chapter 19 . 9/28
I find it interesting that you've designated Harry as a barely above average wizard in terms of power with that potion from the Black Grimoire considering the prophecy named him Voldemort's equal. Does that mean your story's version of Voldemort was also barely above average and just relied on deception and fear or something? After all, in the battle of wands in the graveyard, Harry DID best Voldemort and overpower his wand, so he was not any less powerful than Voldemort. What does that say about Dumbledore as well considering he couldn't defeat Voldemort either? Have you rendered all of the "powerful" wizards into being chumps then?
alix33 chapter 23 . 9/28
I have a pair of Docs from uni (1994). I now covet a magical pair, like the pair Harry bought, though.
"oversusceptible" did not need a hyphen.
"immoderate number of Weasleys" out of Harry's mouth made me snort-laugh.
Which is the correct punctuation of "Founders' Tree"? "Founders' Tree", "Founders TRee" or "Founder's Tree? Because you punctuated it as "Founder's Tree" and "Founders Tree" in two sentences in this chapter.
Why did Harry not invite McGonagall to the party as well?
alix33 chapter 22 . 9/27
"overprotective" didn't need a hyphen.
Walburga black and Molly Weasley screaming at one another? Everybody at the Burrow for that Sunday dinner would go deaf.
alix33 chapter 21 . 9/27
Hey there, Padfoot/Snuffles in the portrait!
I am glad Harry and Hermione gave Padfoot/Snuffles in the portrait those scones.
The mental pic i got of Padfoot/Snuffles in the portrait chasing his own tail made me smile.
alix33 chapter 20 . 9/27
What fillings would Hermione have wanted in those andwiches she and Ryan were to eat on the park bench?
The confounding I hated the most in canon was Ron confounding ther examiner when he went to take his nonmagical driver's licence test because learning to drive was the second-most difficult thing I have done in my life thus far. Thiknig about it now, maybe the confounding and the fact that it was that IMO always foul git Ron who did it both upset me.
I am so sorry for the way your grandparents lost their lives, Ryan.
I like it laods that Ryan is a half-blood. I also like how much Hermione could thus share with her mother about their burgeoning realtionship in their converation in the latter part of the chapter.
Elle chapter 151 . 9/26
Absolutely obsessed with this story. Can’t wait for more!
1,833 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »