Reviews for Shelter From the Storm
Kellen chapter 1 . 5/18/2003
Bravo!

That was wonderful. And so sensitive.

Finally, a Nightcrawler fic, a good one, albeit short :), that features his faith.

Written beautifully. You've a style that is quite realistic; I can see everything. Very nice, and eaasy to read.

And, yes...fur. Definitely fur. He will always be with fur in my book.

Cheers, Kellen
Talon skydragon chapter 1 . 5/17/2003
This is the best portrayal of Kurt's spirituality I've ever seen; heck, one of the best portrayals of him over all. I applaud you for doing such a wonderful job of delving into that side of him, and for creating such a powerful, meaningful piece. Personally, I love Kurt's faith, I find it touching and it makes him a deeper character than the others. I saw the movie with a friend who's an atheist, and afterwards when I began to talk about how great Nightcrawler was, she says she didn't really like him because he's "too religious". I was appalled-even if you don't believe (me, I'm jewish), how can you not appreciate the strength of his faith? It's just beautiful. Anyway, enough of my rambling-kudos!
Mish chapter 1 . 5/17/2003
Oh yay! It makes me so happy to find Christian stories here (especially Nightcrawler ones, although it's not so much a surprise with him, considering his spirituality)! Thank you, Skybright! This was wonderful! _ I really enjoyed it. :)
Shian chapter 1 . 5/17/2003
Hehe, The Birds, no wonder she's so scared. I never saw it myself, thought it sounded . . . stupid . . . LOL

OOh, I, for one, LOVED IT!

Hiei: Hn. Even *I* could actually stand *this* one.

That's only because it's not a romance.

Hiei: Exactly.

*rolls eyes* Demons.

OH! I loved how you kept Kurt so in-character! _
Jen chapter 1 . 5/16/2003
Just want to say I think you've written a great fan fic. I, too am Christian and when I saw X-2 I thought how great it was to have a character who's got interests and beliefs other than kicking arse. Nightcrawler brings in a completely new perspective to the idea of being mutant and being an outcast- God hasn't got any boundaries as to who he loves and who can love him! Well done writing a fan fic with a different view!
ivorybrowneyes chapter 1 . 5/16/2003
Beautiful. that's just about all I have to say is that the story was beautiful. Well written, and I like your note there. lol. One question; what is Judeo-Christian? I have heard of it but never knew exactly what it was. But that was very beautiful. See I'm becoming a Nightcrawler fan more and more...and this story kinda added to that...hehe.
Blaze12 chapter 1 . 5/16/2003
Liked the fic, loved the characterisation of Christian content was good too, it reflected kurts character well.

I liked the way you wrote about the church, it had such atmosphere, like being in a real church.

I hope you continue with this fic,im looking forward to updates.

BLAZE
KDelwin chapter 1 . 5/16/2003
A wonderful story! Great content meets superb writing skills.

Two things, though (but only minor and only 'cause you asked for it):

"Do you speak German?" is in this case best translated as "Sprichst Du deutsch?"

The correct term for Nightcrawler is "Nachtkriecher". Your term was, however, very close. ;-)

Again, thank you for this wonderful story! Try to write more, I'd love to see something new from you here.
Becki chapter 1 . 5/16/2003
I like it. This was really deep and you really managed to get Kurt's so many layers into perspective. I'd love to read more of your work.
BitterEloquence chapter 1 . 5/16/2003
Wow...that...was one of best fics dealing with Kurt and his own unique views on his religion. I applaude you for the smooth way you melded the varying points together and even more so for making his very in character for Kurt and very belivable for anyone who's read the comics and so forth. The part where he said he was just another sinner trying to stay on the right path was absolutely beautiful and totally Kurt...~ As for your original character, she too was a delightful surprise as she was very beliable...just an angry scared teenager who didn't know why this had happened to her and you wrote her beautifully! LOL The entire piece was wonderful and I look forward for more from a person who can get into everyone's favorite Fuzzy Elf's head so well!
Imp chapter 1 . 5/15/2003
That was lovely. Nightcrawler is a very interesting character, really more complex than any other X-Man - or woman I think, because of his faith, but you'd never guess it in most cases by how he is written about. This was an exception to that problem. The writing was consistent, and the characterization good. Along with the dialogue being relatively smooth, flowing well, which is something EXTREMELY rare. It was good. Thanks. (And thanks for reviewing my story, I wasn't sure I'd get to return the favor.) _ IMP
26 | « Prev Page 1 2