Reviews for The Last to Know
Gallifreyan98 chapter 1 . 1/12
Okay, let’s try this again. First off, though, I just wanted to apologize for my last review. I know it’s no excuse but I was just having one of those days. I’ll try to do better this time around. Also, fandom blind.

I really did enjoy reading this. The chapter had the perfect amount of suspense and made the reader very curious to know what was going on and whether or not Murray and Burke were in danger.

The ending, I thought was really well done. I honestly don’t have much to say on that end, but I honestly think that if you wanted to turn this into a multi-chapter fic, it would do very well.

On the side of spelling and grammar, this story did feel a little messy and hard to read. There were a lot of comma splices, missing apostrophes, and misspellings. A few mistakes that I caught: “No, [we’re] not staying for -”, “Oh I gotta see the look on [their] face this time!” and a few others.
The reveal felt a little too cartoony for me, in all honesty. Being fandom blind, a lot of the references didn’t make much sense either. The story is dialogue heavy with little to nothing on the setting
Overall though, this was a very enjoyable read and with a little polishing up, could be even better
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 12/24/2019
Hi there, here from review tag and fandom-blind.

"Several more seconds had passed" - I thought this part of the story had a nice build of suspense. Jake and Chance's mysterious absence, the new piece of technology that they shouldn't be able to afford, the secret room - each one makes you more curious to know what's going on and whether Burke and Murray are in danger.

Jake and Chance's appearance, though, pretty much killed the suspense for me. The reveal that they're the Swat Kats just felt too cartoony, and for fandom blind readers, I don't think it's sufficiently explained who the Swat Kats are or why it's so shocking that Jake and Chance are them. Even after reading this, I can't quite tell whether they're supposed to be heroes or villains, but maybe they're supposed to be ambiguous like this. The references to Feral and Briggs don't always make sense to blind readers, and after Jake and Chance show up, so much of the story is dialogue, with little to nothing about the setting or what's going on in the characters' heads or etc.

On the SPaG side, this story felt really messy to me, almost to a hard-to-read level. There are a lot of comma splices, missing apostrophes and punctuation, and misspellings. I really think that this needed to be better polished before it was published. A few typos that I caught: look on {their} faces, {Your} Christmas present, an {incoming} jet, look on {Feral's} face, put {their} helmets back on
marati2011 chapter 1 . 12/24/2019