Reviews for Pictures Drawn in Shadow
capra chapter 9 . 2/25/2004
AWFUL!You can do it better.
rickfan37 chapter 10 . 9/18/2003
At last, an update! Well, Fanny's revenge has taken a different turn than I expected! I really liked the way you describe the loss of her virginity, and the detachment mingling with the need for closeness. It read so very delicately.

I also liked this phrase; "the impossible burden of memory." Evocative.

I am very interested to see where this goes next.
Nataku's Special Sauce chapter 10 . 9/17/2003
Oh, my God, what have you done? Sirius? Blech, he's not nearly as interesting as Severus. But it does make for an interesting plot twist. And, given the circumstances, one low blow deserves another. Who was crushing on Fanny's mum? How's she gonna react 'the morning after'? Don't let it die, a'ight?

Nataku
sanguine scribe chapter 10 . 9/17/2003
Oh... LOTS to say, but I can't right now!

I'm about to head off home from New Zealand, via LA (like you do), and it's going to be a while before I can do a proper review. Still, I loved this chapter and can't wait for more... you've certainly got a nice sticky situation going!

Erm... and on that note, it's going to be a wee while before my fic gets updated. I'm bad and I have no excuses. I promise a proper review in one week's time, though! ;)
rickfan37 chapter 9 . 8/25/2003
I really enjoyed this, and I hope you update soon. I haven't read that many fics where Severus was at school, and while I have definite ideas of my own it fascinates me to see other author's takes on what he was like. This is very enjoyable, and well written too, and I like all of your characterisations.

Your OC is different enough not to descend into Mary Sue-dom, and I like that you have made her snap at his perceived ill-use of her. It seems to me that she is reacting exactly as a teenage girl would do in such a situation, and I cringe to think what her revenge might be.

OK, I'm hooked!
Musicdrink chapter 9 . 8/20/2003
Please continue!
Shelob chapter 9 . 8/16/2003
I just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your fic.

I love your interactions between the characters, you seem to be doing very well with your dialogue and your descriptions are effective and fluid. I find the motivations of your characters to be realistic which one does not always find in fanfic and it is refreshing.

I am hoping to see you update this soon. You have a great fic going on here. Sorry I can't offer any criticism, I am not very good at picking things out (thanks goodness for Betas!)

Good luck on your fic, I will be looking forward to updates.
snapekisser chapter 9 . 8/16/2003
Oh, I love this story. Fanny is a wonderfully-drawn character, and your young Snape seems totally in character as well. I alternately feel sorry for him (especially at the end of the last chapter, but also when he got so mad at Fanny when the Gryff gang caught up to them. The feeling of betryal was palpable.) and want to slap his face (snotty, arrogant git, during their first potions lessons together). And you write it all so well! I'm very impressed; I can't believe you don't have more reviews. I'm enjoying this story very much, and hope to see an update soon!

BTW, you might be interested in joining the yahoogroup Veresnas_Veneries_Too. We are a bunch of Snape lovin' women, many of whom are writing Snape/OC stories. We have lots of fun, and spend inordinate amounts of time drooling over our favorite Potions professor. :o) Come join us!
Ishie chapter 9 . 8/16/2003
Oh my God! I can't believe you've just left us hanging like this! Please tell me there's more coming...

I really like what you've done with School!Snape, especially the awkwardness and the hysterical outburst after the confrontation with Sirius. Very in-character (boy, he can really fly off the handle, can't he?) I like Fanny a lot too, but she seems a little flat. I, for one, would really like to see more about how she's dealing with the death of her mother. As it is, she seems way too focused on Snape (not that that's a bad thing or even unusual!). But her realization that she finds Severus attractive was perfect; isn't it funny how one tiny little moment can change your perception of someone forever?

I'm really enjoying this story, if you couldn't tell from my outburst at top. Hope to see more soon!
E chapter 9 . 8/7/2003
My goodness! I do wish this fic had more reviews... it deffinately deserves it! I'm blaming my tiredness tomorrow at work on you for keeping me chained to this story! ;-) QUITE happily so. Please update soon... I'm thirsting for more
sanguine scribe chapter 8 . 7/16/2003
Oh! This is progressing nicely! Of course, you update faster than I can review but I'm trying! This section and the last with Snape were lovely. I really enjoyed the conversation you got going with Fanny and Severus, plus the way it developed and then the scene with Sirius at the end was great! I was wondering when the little secret would come out and you've managed to create something pretty sticky for our lady to get out of!

This last bit did seem a bit flat and you seem to have some problems on how to finish the chapters. Some end rather abruptly and for no apparent reason, it might be better to think of ways to put a bit more suspense into them? I know not every chapter is a cliffhanger but a bit of mystery or conflict at the end might help. Like this one, you could have had a final shot of Snape seeing them coming out of the mirror without Fanny seeing etc. Just a thought... PLus I wasn't sure about Sirius telling Fanny all about the animangi thing, I would have thought it was a much greater secret to keep and I wasn't convinced he held Fanny in that much confidence.

Anyway, looking forward to more!
sanguine scribe chapter 6 . 7/5/2003
Hey... I'm still alive! Sorry about the no show on your last chapter, I had some things to say but they've floated off into oblivion now!

Anyway, this lil' baby... yeay! The flow is really good here, though I was wanting a bit more! I really like the dialogue you've come up with for them and the way you're developing the situation is lovely. I wasn't that convinced at the beginning as to how it would work, but you're coming up with the goods big style and the thought behind it all is wonderful. Snape can sound a bit bigheaded at times, but I'm sure that's very in-keeping. One problem though, I don't really think Fanny would be expelled for being out past curfew, I know all Headmaster's are different but I used to sneek out all the time and never got thrown out of school! A bout of detentions would probably suffice, then more serious things if it continued. Well, it's a minor point.

Can't wait for more,

Your Faithful Reviewer ;)
Windy chapter 5 . 6/21/2003
I love this new chapter! This is probably one of the best snape fics i have ever read. I love how you made it as he was still in school! This is a great plot and please update soon! I am still reading even though I am deep in the 5th book!
sanguine scribe chapter 4 . 6/17/2003
yeay! whoohoo! wow... best one so far lady, really good stuff.

The convo between Sirius and Fanny was light-hearted and funny, plus the way you developed that side of things was lush! Oh, and you've made dear ol' Severus quite delightful now, I wanted slap him then shag him all at the same time... bravo!

And I'm sorry that's a crap review but I just don't have time to write more! Thanks for the review for mine and my email is up, I just use a different one for my fics. It's in the bio bit if you want to email in future.

Now... more! ;)
Windy chapter 4 . 6/16/2003
Man is this good! I am totally lovin this story! Please update soon! I wanna read more!