Reviews for Harry Potter and the Ring of Five
Epeefencer chapter 28 . 2/22
His name is Harry James Potter, not Harold. It states so in book 1. Ginny's name is Ginevra, no Virginia.
aptteach123 chapter 42 . 2/2
Oh wow - this is an amazing story! I loved it so much. You say that there's a sequel planned, but it has never been posted. This story was last updated in 2006, I hope you haven't forgotten about this story. I love your version of Harry and everything's that happened. Please, please, please write a sequel!
marens chapter 1 . 1/25
I enjoyed this story, though I suspect it may be too realistic for some. The most critical thing I would say is that you could've used a beta. You had some issues with words, as well as losing continuity here and there.

After all this time, it's doubtful we'll see a sequel and that's a shame. If books 6&7 are screwing you up, forget them! I wish you'd kept less of the canon of book 5, I'd've liked to see Harry whup Voldemort's ass... even if you left enough of him for the sequel!

I gather you were going into the service-I hope you're all right. Drop a note on your profile page and let us know.
Originator chapter 6 . 6/14/2014
This story sucks... I'm out.
Guest chapter 16 . 5/10/2014
You probably wrote this prior to the Half-Blood prince, but your spell Ripperus Laperatus is known in the book and the movie as Sectemsempra. Great Story!
Oogies4u chapter 42 . 12/23/2013
Well dam .. that was good .. hope the next one is just as good :)
bluemesa356 chapter 6 . 12/22/2013
As I was reading the last scene, I was reminded of Sgt. Carter (US television's "Gomer Pyle-USMC") and his famous line "Move it, Pyle! Move it, move it, MOVE IT!" Also brought to mind Schuyler (the geeky kid from the "Shoe" comic strip), who signs up for summer camp every year, only to find himself in military flight training, boot camp, on a combat aircraft, or warship at sea. Ironic, isn't it? Very good read! THANK YOU!
harrypottergurl10 chapter 42 . 7/6/2013
I really like this story. Keep up the great work.
Necrosanct chapter 5 . 6/9/2013
I'm guessing the author of this fanfiction has a military background. It is comforting to read a fanfiction-of a story that takes place in wartime-written by one with military experience (personal or impersonal). That is one of the downsides of fiction; violence in fiction is often written by those who have never experienced true violence.
It's strange though...
Many people believe that violence can be a personality trait. Most times, one who is prone to violence will become a pacifist, when placed in an environment controlled by anger and hate.
It just depends on the individual, I suppose...
Mcbasher chapter 42 . 3/13/2013
You wrote a masterpiece here my friend, a trip into the darkness of mankind and war yet the light of teenage love and friends. A true legend considering how you wrote in intricate detail the experiences of someone going through war including the loss of loved ones. Losing someone is always difficult and 90% of the time there's noone to blame. Losing someone in a war leaves someone to blame whether its the guy who pulls the trigger or the guy who pays him to. Either way you pull every emotion from it into light and moments had me feeling sick with despair, awwing at moments of sweetness and crying at moments of sadness. Never have i had such respect for a story the only pain is you never did the sequel - i hope one day 2 years from now you come back and read all the reviews you've had because i can tell you straight off the bat - Your fans love you.

Thanks again,
Mcbasher
summercampgoddess chapter 42 . 2/20/2013
I love your writing. It is very good
dragonlordrb chapter 39 . 12/18/2012
Let's guess- The veil's keeper took the day off so Sirius just fell thru the arch without any problems.
Or the McManager said "correct change only.", and made Sirius have to go around the arch without his 'Happy Meal'. Or since Sirius went thru the wrong direction it kicked him out to try again.
dragonlordrb chapter 19 . 12/17/2012
Please forget book 5 and all the rest. you have a decent story going here, so don't blow it by trying to go 'cannon' now.
dragonlordrb chapter 17 . 12/16/2012
not good that you are turning Harry into an alcoholic at 15.
dragonlordrb chapter 16 . 12/16/2012
You do realize that from the moment you introduced Alex Evens, this was AU, as there was only Petunia as Harry's only other living "close" relative and all points after just drew it further AU.