Reviews for Heaven's Edge
deConstruction chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
So now that I know what your pen name is on FF, I can start reading your work. Being a bit of an X Men fan myself, I was thrilled to see that you had stories based on it.

Phoenix is one of my favourite characters ever, so I picked this one to begin with. I love the way you've created Pyro. He ain't all Mary-Sue and annoying, he seems like a 'real person' which is actually rare to find these days!

I also love your character interaction. They way they talk to one another, and the onversation just flows makes it so amazing to read.

All in all, I loved it, and can't wait to read more of your work

P.S Not sure about the Green Goblin line, but I think the line from the comics said by Dark Phoenix is: -

'Jean to Phoenix to Dark Phoenix...a progression as natural as death'

I could be wrong of course, but it sounds sorta familiar!
Nameless chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
Oh, I do love Gambit. He's just so funny!

And as for the rest - excellent. I love the human side of the Brotherhood, and I wish this is what had happened in X-Men I, instead of a too-danger-to-live Jean Gray. Still, your version is wonderful and I'm off to read the rest of the series.
MerchDoyle chapter 1 . 4/2/2004
nice story, i liked it very mich! really great!
Tique chapter 1 . 3/22/2004
Fantastic job. I really don't know much about the Dark Phoenix and I found this very interesting!
Lassiter chapter 1 . 7/2/2003
Her telekinesis was manifesting as fire. And Pyro liked fire.

Dude. Is this Pyro/Phoenix face-off in the comics? Because that's a really cool plot point. I found myself wondering as I was reading this whether you were just retelling a story arc from the comics. The story's just so believable, and the whole fire thing between Pyro and Jean is so cool. Maybe I'm just not used to reading something with this much plot. I love your Pyro, man. He's a fresh breath of air after reading a whole bunch of fics where he's angsting over/being angsted over by Bobby/Rogue/Logan/your neighbour's mother. I really need to expand my usual reading fare, huh?

That’s why you’re not a traitor, Pyro. Until you fight for someone who could care less about the value of life, you haven’t betrayed the people you care about.

Aww, bless. That made me all warm and fuzzy inside. Pyroissoconfused.

The last time I read this on your website, I reached the fight between Gambit and Pyro before I lost interest, and I'm glad I continued reading now. Excellent job.
Malvolia chapter 1 . 6/6/2003
"he was beginning to suspect Magneto had one mother of a leather fetish"

You're giving a good name! This was as good as your first Pyro tale. Can't wait for a chance to read the others.

Malvolia
Hopeless Bromantic chapter 1 . 6/1/2003
I'm putting you on my Writers-to-stalk list. MUA!
jaded316 chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
Great story. I love the fight scenes and The appearence by Gambit. I"m pretty sure that the quote from the comic's that Dark Phoenix said was "You can't have her!" I don't know how I rmemberd that. Can I have a cookie even if I'm wrong? Anyway excellent story! Adding u to my fav authors list right now!
Fantazmegorik chapter 1 . 5/27/2003
Dark Phoenix being Dark Phoenix-ish! Sweet! Heheh…

Ah…Gambit…this appearance is MUCH appreciated.

Pyro fighting Dark Phoenix; this kicked ass. I’ve re-read it a couple of times already and it still is really cool.

I’m not just stupid; I’m super stupid cause I don’t see the comic reference OR the Green Goblin line in there. My brain just won’t wake up today.

The conversation between Pyro and Jean did well to explain…everything. It explained a lot of things in small amount of time.

On one final note: I want Pyro’s jacket. Nuff said.
T. Riddle chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
Awesome awesome! It is soo hard to find a Pyro fic without some mary-sue in it! Thank you so much!
What's Their Name chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
great story again. nice intro to remy. On to the third
Diana chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
Wonderful! I absolutly loved it. I liked the ending, as well as the way you wrote Mystique.
Brin chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
*jumps up and down excitedly*

THAT WAS AWESOME!

Thanks so much for writing a sequel! *hugs you*

The fight scene was unbelievably well written! I bow to you! Gambit's appearance was also enjoyed )
Gerri chapter 1 . 5/19/2003
That was fantastic. My brain's not responding right now, so as pathetic as this sounds, I really can't think of anything better to say...

But believe me, I loved this. :D
Kaitourei chapter 1 . 5/18/2003
Wow, that was amazing. I love your style and I totally agree with Pyro's choice in this fic. Perhaps you'll post more?