Reviews for Long Home of Mortals
iamhere4you chapter 5 . 3/17/2013
i'm a Christian, and i enjoy this story. i really like to read the other writer's ending about the story. and i like yours. the pearl gate, the golden path and how they dance and sing for One. thanks for this. i enjoyed ti much :)
Frodo's sister chapter 4 . 6/25/2011
I enjoyed this story. You gave a good description of heaven. of course none of us will know what heaven will be like until we get there, but we do know that there will be great joy.
decembersonnet chapter 5 . 6/21/2011
This is truly beautiful. I know it's been up for years now, but I just stumbled upon it and wanted to thank you for writing such a theologically profound story. I loved it, and I'm sure I'll read it again as a source of hope and comfort. Thank you.
Josi chapter 5 . 1/22/2005
That was so amazing! that was the best decription of heaven I've ever read, I was crying tears of Joy because its going to be 100 time better! :)
Raven Aorla chapter 5 . 12/20/2004
Reminds me a great deal of the ending of C.S Lewis' "The Last Battle". Thanks for reviewing back!
A.E. Hall chapter 2 . 6/27/2004
I like it. Simple and evokative of many emotions.
Lirenel chapter 5 . 6/10/2004
I love it. I wish I could write something so beautiful and touching. Isn't it a comfort to know what waits for us after death? Thank you for writing this.
Laureline chapter 5 . 6/7/2004
I was deeply touched by your story, and especially by the way you showed the meeting of Sam with Christ. At last a good Christian well-written story. It gives a message of Hope that I sometimes found absent at the end of Lord of Rings, who in my reading is very much centered on Mortality. This shows us Illuvatar's Gift is something to be cherished, not one to despair of.

I know who I'll be voting for in the Mithril Awards :)
Cabbeh chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
Another brilliant story, and a perfect sequel to Beyond the Havens! I just love the ending, it's just so beautiful.
wellduh chapter 1 . 3/14/2004
Sorry, meant to say "theology", not mythology. Was in a bit of a rush.
wellduh chapter 5 . 3/13/2004
You know, never had a mind for mythology, but this is really neat. Seriously. It's a very original idea. Great work.
Pyro She-devil chapter 5 . 3/11/2004
Ah man, that was lovely. That sounds like such a beautiful heaven. I want a heaven like that. Maybe heaven is like that. Well done.
Nivina chapter 5 . 2/5/2004
You have such a skill, it's unbelievable. What a lovely story - it moves me quite a lot. (As did "Beyond the Havens" - I was very happy to see there was a sequel.)
It's wonderful to see those dear characters reunited after all their different journeys...
Lydia2 chapter 5 . 1/15/2004
Awesome! I don't know why I didn't find this story before but I found it tonight on someone else's favorite stories. Wow!
Blaise chapter 5 . 11/27/2003
Of course no mortal knowledge can do justice to what will be found There, but I like your attempt. It reminded me of Leaf By Niggle, although that is an account of Purgatory as well as Heaven, and later and Bilbo's poetry reminded me of the line from Mythopoeia: "Salvation changes not, nor yet destroys/ Garden nor gardener, children nor their toys", describing how art will continue in Paradise. I also recalled the end of the Last Battle, and The Republic's account of forms. In other words, it's got as many of the right elements as we can imagine. I particularly liked Sam's reunion with Rosie, the way Rosie was described as neither like she had been in her youth nor in her age. Well done.