Reviews for Always Their Friend
WonderingGirl chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
WOW!

Wonderful one shot! I truly liked everything about it.
sodapop765 chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
This was great but you should put this under peter pettigrew because he is narrating it.
Black Pastel chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
Wow. Incredible group dynamics. Being a tad idealistic and naive, I'd like to think that Sirius would think of Peter better. But your version seems much more realistic. Sirius seems like the kind of person who was spoiled since his birth and expects everybody to do as he bids. Except for James.

Anyway, what I really liked about this fic was that it both explains why Peter went to the dark side, and makes me question why he'd do that. Gotta feel sorry for Peter. Sirius and James don't pay enough attention to care, and Remus seems to take him at face value. Not to say Peter *didn't* worship James and Sirius. Just to say that even a werewolf couldn't even guess what went on inside Peter's head.

So basically, what I'm trying to say is I loved this story. Poignantly bittersweet, and in character for Peter.
TsukiNoBara chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! It's so HARD to find a good Peter fic! Everyone hates him, but He's got to become good in the end! He has to!

In any case, thank you for not portraying him as a slimy rat-b*d. He deserves more than that,

C-chan
Lupins Lair chapter 1 . 8/11/2003
This is one of the best Peter portrayals I have ever come across. It is so real (who hasn’t ever felt left out and bitter in their lives?) and understandable. For someone who hasn’t read PoA, you would feel so bad for Peter and pity him and wished he would get more attention and equal respect from his friends; for someone who has read both PoA and GoF, you can see why he was the easiest one to turn to the dark side as he didn’t have bonds or deep running friendship and mutual respect with the other three. It is often hard to find the right balance when writing Peter in MWPP time. Most people give the impression he was a weak follower who was there just for the sake of it and somehow the other three “adopted” him for no apparent reason. It is hard to write a convincing unbiased piece about MWPP while subtly foreshadowing the betrayal, would also show that Peter was once a good trusted friend. You managed to do that very well. Highlighted insecurities and bitterness, while showing that he was not happy about feeling like this. I guess with all the rambling, I meant that you managed to make Peter very human, and understandable. And I have such a respect for it because you must have really taken your time to “get under his skin” and really feel how he must have felt if he did betray his best friends in the end.
Kuko chapter 1 . 6/29/2003
This is very very good, really, I love it. I always like to play devil's advocate, Ican't help it, but I think it's kind of scary to be able to turn things around and find an excuse to justify even the greatest of crimes, but don't get me wrong, I absolutely love your story. -

Peter's feelings were in my opinion very well portrayed, and I guess the marauders (whom I absolutely adore) seemed a "bit mean" with their friend since this is done from Peter's pov, very well done. Poor wormtail, feeling so left out, I almost feel pity for him, almost, but his frinds truly cared for him, but Remus was right, as painfull as it may be for Peter, how did Peter expect the others to respect him if treated them as superior beings?

Oh, and the marauders are so sweet whan they are together ;)

I don't know what else to say, I love it, please write more like this one.
auroraziazan chapter 1 . 6/15/2003
I kind of wonder what's going on between Peter and Sirius at the beginning. This is a bolder Peter within the group than we usually see, but somehow one held in more contempt then usual. Interesting...

I'm not sure I like your group dynamics in this fic so well as in some others. It just seems (and that's probably because it's from Peter's POV, and done on purpose) off balance. I don't really like what's going on between him and the other boys.

"Doeth Wemuth want a bedtime thowy?" is rather amusing. And I get what you were telling me earlier about Sirry, as opposed to Siri. "I never used to mind before I realised that now Remus probably knows just the curse to do these things." That worries me a bit.

The balance is getting somewhat better as it goes. Your description of Remus and Sirius's chess game is good, and very interesting for one who doesn't know chess. And I like the pastry stuffed in the mouth.

I understand how following along with this would be a little straining, but I think after this many years Peter'd be used to it. And nothing we saw of him later gave me the impression that he'd ever felt felt this left out of the group.

The one Remus line that Sirius finally listens to is quite well written, and I agree with the sentiments.

Somehow the title doesn't fit so well as some. I know I've been rather critical of this fic, more so than I felt in comparison to the good parts, really, but I think you have done better work than some of this.
ticca chapter 1 . 6/6/2003
OK, I would just like to THANK you for writing a decent Peter fic. They are SO rare, and this was really, really good. Whilst Peter isn't exactly my favourite character, I hate Peter-bashing. It's so unrealistic. So again, thanks for writing some quality fic and...I look forward to reading more from you.

(In retrospect, I sound a bit pissed off. I'm not at all. I just seemed to have temporarily misplaced the exclamation mark on my keyboard. OK, now I sound weird. Bye!)
deletye chapter 1 . 6/6/2003
thats really nice, i like your characterizations of peter. i think i just made that word up, well poetic license and all that junk...
CyMpLi CoMpLeX chapter 1 . 5/18/2003
luv ur fic, i find it kindda cute
Iggie chapter 1 . 5/16/2003
:: adds fic to Favourites::

YAY! YAY for Jobey! :: promptly does happy dance ::

Truly, I love Peter fics to death, at least the good ones. And this is most obviously good! :-D Cheers!

Iggie