Reviews for Awakening
VashonBeader chapter 3 . 1/16/2020
Very nice! I like your writing style very much, and look forward to seeing where you go with this story. Just found it, and plan to follow it. Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share. Have fun!
roon0 chapter 3 . 1/16/2020
I do like Neville, he would make a better friend than Ron. As for Hermione asking out Harry, without him giving her some clues she would never do it.
roon0 chapter 2 . 1/16/2020
Ron is a terrible friend, jealous and petty willing to turn on anyone at a drop of a hat. Bash away. As for the rest, if Hogwarts was a real school it would never pass inspection, the teacher are horrible.
roon0 chapter 1 . 1/16/2020
I am glad that Harry is getting to be a bit sensible. Ron is really a waste of space. :D
Dragonball13 chapter 3 . 1/16/2020
Finished all three chapters in less than an hour. Very refreshing read. I like the way you have written Harry as a more mature individual who actually takes his life seriously but at the same time is still an awkward teenager who struggles with his relationships with others in real life. I also like how Harry is gradually getting closer to Hermione instead of suddenly realizing he is in love with her and outright asking her out immediately. Although I dislike Ron, I do agree with your sentiments about Harry not being able to cut him out from his life immediately. As Harry’s first ever friend and someone who has shared near-death experiences with him (for three years in a row might I add), Harry would most definitely find it difficult in his heart to completely end his friendship with Ron, even if Ron has continuously shown jealously towards Harry and abandoned him more than once. However, I do hope Harry will eventually distance himself from Ron and end the friendship completely once he gets together with Hermione. I am also overjoyed that you decided to include Neville as a potential male friend for Harry. Thank you for sharing this story. Also beautiful artwork!
CoolFanfictionLover chapter 3 . 1/16/2020
I always love good Neville harry story loved the update
ValnizS chapter 3 . 1/16/2020
Good chapter, I liked the way Harry asked Hermione to the ball but the second option you said is really funny, just imagining a frustrated Hermione going to Harry and asking him to the ball makes me laugh. Also thank you for giving Neville a moment as well, in most fics he's just there, just existing. I think Neville has a lot of potentials. And I agree about Ron, Harry couldn't just cut him right away, they shared a lot of things even though Ron is being a git.

Keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 3 . 1/16/2020
Even without the obvious author name it's *bleeding* obvious it's written by a girl which makes it really painful for *this* type of story. Harry is a male which doesn't think in the terms you write here. Less talk and wondering about feelings and concentrate on what matters in *his* situation would help...a lot.
Kerrion chapter 3 . 1/16/2020
So in your chapter 2 authors note you wrote how ridiculous it was that Harry forgave Ron in canon for his half ass apology yet the first paragraph in chapter 3 you had Harry back to playing chess with him just like that again just like in canon and within minutes he’s insulting Hermione and as always Harry sat there quiet . I thought this story was about his awakening about Harry being smarter yet it’s like the first two chapters never happened the Harry that spoke about it being just him and Hermione him calling him self stupid for never defending her against Ron yet the first opportunity he got to do that he failed . This chapter was a huge let down from the other two . You need to decide what Harry is going to do is he going to be a doormat one chapter and a good friend to Hermione only when she’s around and back to being the boy who lived being used a selfish redhead . You don’t have to “bash “ like you claim but you don’t have to have Harry be a stupid doormat talking out both side of his mouth saying one thing and doing another . This chapter turned me off the story because of his actions also he say there playing chess with the idiot forgot about the one friend he claimed he got in the castle but couldn’t remember her enough to ask her to the ball .
ladysavay chapter 3 . 1/16/2020
Sorry, this first paragraph with Harry PLAYING CHESS with Ron, AFTER HE ALREADY DECIDED he was in no way a friend and had been the primary source of his harassment before the first task has made me stop reading. You obviously just wanted to redo canon with just a touch of H/Hr added because you are speaking out of both sides of your mouth here. Ron's a louse and he is not a friend BUT we can still waste time and play a game with him just like the book because, your SMARTER HARRY is still as dumb as a rock and didn't ask Hermione to the ball in time AGAIN. Just like the book. Really?
Spacestrider chapter 3 . 1/15/2020
I like it a lot so far. Especially the explanation for why a mildly abused child that wanted to be great and was cunning enough for Slytherin would not live up to his potential. Keep on.
happylady chapter 3 . 1/15/2020
Wonderful update
I think Hermione would ask Harry as well, if they were as they are now spending time together
Thanks for sharing