Reviews for Awakening
General Cammy chapter 2 . 1/8/2020
I'm not too fond of bashing because it usually makes the characters being bashed act completely out of character e.g. Ron, Ginny and Mrs Weasley drugging Harry and Hermione for their money seems to be the most common one.

However, I gave no problems with emphasising and expanding on real character flaws. Dumbledore is rather manipulative so stories that play on that I don't think are bashing, rather just exaggerating a true character trait, even if this results in a story where Dumbledore is intending to take credit for Voldemort's defeat after Harry is dead.

Likewise, as you say, Ron isn't really a good friend at times, he often gets envious of Harry and doesn't always have his back. So stories such as yours where Harry isn't so willing to forgive, or Ron is more stubborn and unwilling to admit he was wrong, I don't think count as bashing. Ron and Harry are still in character, just Harry is being less of a walk over, and Ron's envy is heightened.

Luna however, must never been bashed. Luna is precious
GrangerBlackPotter chapter 2 . 1/7/2020
WILL KRUM BE A PERSON HERE IN THIS FIC? I NEED TO KNOW TO PREPARE MY HEART FOR THE DRAMA. PLEASE jahahhahaah I absolutely love this fic!
Kerrion chapter 2 . 1/7/2020
Honestly the only difference between Ron and Draco was their bank account , both were bullying bigoted jerks and I hate how Rons betrayal was ignored and Hermione was once again pushed out after fourth year for the traitor . You don’t have to bash if you don’t want but Ron was toxic and entitled . He isolated Harry and betrayed him more than once I I really don’t like him or much of the Weasleys , to be honest I only like the two older brothers and the twins that’s it . To me there’s not much difference between Ron and wormtail .
dude356 chapter 2 . 1/7/2020
I enjoy a good “Tri-wizard Tournament/4th year” fic, and this one is off to a great start.

I like your take on handling Ron's actions during this time period. I agree with you that Harry just shrugging off Ron's abandonment after Halloween until Harry did well in the first task was ridiculous. I get that he hadn't had any friends prior to Hogwarts and that Ron was his first friend his own age, but he came across as a bit of a doormat for how easily he let Ron back into his life. The abandonment issue wasn't even the only time in 4th year that Harry should have reevaluated his friendship with Ron.

I do hope that Harry asks Hermione to the Ball before anyone has a chance to. It would be a shame, after realizing and vocalizing how important to him that Hermione is, and asserting that he wouldn't be interested in going with any girls that would "line up" to go with him in his conversation with McGonagall, and then casually brushing off Cho in talk with Cedric and when Hermione assumes that Harry asked her to the Ball, if Harry didn't ask Hermione to the Ball. I always thought it was weird that Harry wouldn't even think to take Hermione to the Ball in canon, even if it was just as a friend, yet two years later had no problem taking Luna to Slughorn's party as a friend despite not knowing her nearly as long as he knew Hermione.
Noacat chapter 2 . 1/7/2020
I'm not too keen on bashing either. But having a realistic attitude about Ron's friendship and his sometimes selfish and entitled attitude is something I love when it's explored thoughtfully.
jkarr chapter 2 . 1/7/2020
It is nice that Hermione is willing to help Harry
chester258 chapter 1 . 1/7/2020
Like the story! Hope to read more. I enjoy the bashing. It’s like you said in the A/N. Why would Harry forgive and forget? Without having anyone take accountability for their actions?
Proganthony chapter 2 . 1/7/2020
Another beautiful chapter. Glad to see Harry acknowledge who is truly his friend.
About bashing: When done right, it can be fun. (Harry Potter and the Champion's Champion is hilarious.) But, what is bashing? If, for example, Ron is still going to act like a jealous ass during the Yule Ball and Harry is going to point out what an ass Ron is, then I don't see it as bashing, but simply stating the truth. I don't see why bad behaviour must be ignored just because Ron is a "good guy", while bad guy Draco gets hate for the same thing (compare Draco hoping that Hermione will die when the Chamber of Secrets is opened again to Ron saying that killing Myrtle would have done everyone a favour.) So if you feel you need to bash a certain character, just go ahead, and ignore the bullying of the character's fans. In the end, it's your story, not theirs. There's a simple solution for those who don't like the bashing: Don't read the story.
Brightstone Keep chapter 2 . 1/7/2020
I so hope either he beats Viktor to asking, or she does the reasonable thing and accept then tell Viktor she can't go. Otherwise the "you're all I need" from both would ring hollow.
ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 2 . 1/7/2020
Good chapter and great that Harry is recognizing those around him that are helping him and acknowledging them as well. I do wish he'd get off his butt and ask Hermione to the Ball. As for bashing, I think it's appropriate when a character does something that deserves it. Thanks for sharing!
happylady chapter 2 . 1/7/2020
Wonderful update
Harry better ask Hermione soon or Victor will ask her first
Until next time
Gloria
RJ Griot chapter 2 . 1/7/2020
Love the intensified character study, looking forward to more
brady66 chapter 2 . 1/7/2020
I hope he actually wakes up and asks Hermione to the ball.
kgfinkel chapter 2 . 1/7/2020
I can just picture the happy, dopey look on Harry's face as he gets his first of many glimpses of a bikini clad Hermione. Ha!

I like where you're going with this. No need to rehash the same things, just get to the good stuff.
1,049 | « Prev Page 1 .. 59 66 67 68 69 70 Next »