Reviews for Revolutions
Say This Pen Name Is Available chapter 16 . 10/8/2014
Definitely interesting. I did enjoy this piece a lot, it was unique and well written but there were some little details that kept throwing me off. Angua seemed a little too old and the sudden introduction of the doctor, while well handled, seemed rather senseless. I did enjoy the resolution, classic tidy Vetinari, and the beginning bits with Vimes the very elder were my favorite, I could have read an entire story about that. Really good, altogether.
Madjedjjlill chapter 16 . 9/25/2014
Just finished reading, an I loved it.
I'm so glad I found it after you finished it I would've gone nuts waiting several years for an update.
Now to go see what else your brilliant mind has written.
Falero lero lero chapter 16 . 6/5/2013
I love your stories.
Deadzepplin chapter 16 . 2/14/2012
Vimes is awesome and your portrayal of him/them is excellent
Creatura chapter 16 . 8/26/2010
Bloody hell, 7 kids...

This whole fic was very strange.
LadyAdarah chapter 16 . 2/11/2009
I wasn't expecting an update! :-O

so you can imagine how happy i was when i acidentally stumbled across one this afternoon. :)
Rachel Indeed chapter 16 . 2/7/2009
Hurrah. All's well that ends well. Tacos and manipulative diplomacy - sounds like a nice life.
Gogol chapter 16 . 2/7/2009
SEVEN CHILDREN? FOR SHIT? Butler hahahahaha. Oh yes. I knew you'd get it in somehow. I had faith in you. Really.

Also, new Official Rule Of Fanon For The Discworld. Vimes dies of a heart attack at 68. We now have a whole three stories collaborating on this. The fact that one of them is an AU MATTERS NOT. :D

Layla Leike continues to amaze, bedazzle, and terrify! YAY! And Vimes trying to set his king up, poor man. It worked. But only illegitimately.

My question is, if the ambassador came, got sperminated by Carrot, then went home and had baby, why is there no evidence that the baby is illegitimate? I mean wasn't it born like a month early?

But no worries. I love it. A fabulous finish.

(LOL Skinny.)
LadyAdarah chapter 15 . 1/28/2009
I'm glad you finished it! I'm not really sure what to say apart from that I liked it. My favourite scene was probably the hanging, although I also like it when Gaspode came to visit Vetinari. I always thought those two would get along well.
Gogol chapter 15 . 1/27/2009
As you are already aware, my love for this story knows no bounds. Well, okay, maybe a few; I draw the line at feathers. But, in general, no bounds. And the love, it is here and alive! ALIVE!

Ahem. Anyway, this chapter is, I think we can all agree, the quintessence of... well... let's face it... quite gratuitous fluff. And it, too, has my devotion forever. Especially the bits with Vetinari in them, poor man. You really do not have the right to talk about abusing him, you know. At all. Let's see, broken rib, starvation, pneumonia, nutrition deficit...

I guess, at least, there is no heavy metal poisoning this time around. :D

And I like his Love Interest (tm). Despite not actually having proof that she IS a love interest, she still warrants the capitals, mostly because she's that special and fun. Also, handy with a needle!

Um, what else, I should have done a numbered list of amazing and marvellous again but I see you have been restocking up on those reviews so I have few qualms about my disorganization in this informal approach to "Revolutions: A Study Of Alternate Multiverses, And Why They Are Sexy".

P.S. Gimme epilogue kthxbai. Poor Carrot is single, can't be good for a growing lad with that size Protective.

P.P.S Vimes fails at smooth-talking doctors haha. Do not TELL them you are responsible for the malnutrition, that is the road to hell you're paving there!
Roruna chapter 15 . 1/27/2009
That last bit with Carrot was so sad. T-T

But I loved when Sybil was called Vimes' mistress, that was pure fic gold.
Rachel Indeed chapter 14 . 1/15/2009
Woah! What an amazing story!

I love it to bits. You've done such a great job of capturing the feel of these characters, and you've convinced me that Vimes absolutely needs that relentless self-monitoring drive he's burned into himself, because he has the natural tendency to be a short-sighted thug when he's left utterly without restraint. The kingship was Vimes' Beast, on full display, and though it's a tribute to him that it wasn't any worse than it was, and he gave it up in the end, it was still pretty awful.

I LOVE YOUR VETINARI. Because, with the ironic detachment, and the Gaspode-network-prison-news, and the literal flirting with death, and the...everything! I love that people aren't sure about his sanity or morality, but his genius is indisputable. But most of all, I loved the tiny little serious moments you threw in there, like when he tells Vimes that his wastefulness is offensive (he resents *that* more than the sixteen year prison sentence), or that perfect little exchange at the end: "I'm sorry for it." - "Good." - "Want to run the city?" - "I thought you'd never ask." -

There's always been something inhuman and unromantically, cynically selfless about Vetinari when it comes to the city, and there's something vaguely *right* about the idea that in prison he would expend his limited energies on planning municipal government rather than escape or revenge. It says something about his odd personality - snarkiness wrapped around an utterly impersonal intelligence - that Vimes could recommend putting him in charge of the city without fear of messy personal reprisals. But looking to the horizon, I see a broad range of carefully targeted sarcasm in Vimes' future - he will be getting the eyebrow, oh yes. I'm just waiting for the first "detain" exchange :)

Thanks so much for writing. Discworld is so delightful, but so difficult to write. Those with the talent, like you, will always be appreciated!
CaptainElli chapter 13 . 1/15/2009
I was going to wait till I read all of this before reviewing...but it's so amazing, I couldn't wait :D

The charcters are perfect and little twists like having Lord Downey as Captain Downey are great. Reading the next chapter now, so you might want to expect another review when I'm done :P
eruthiel chapter 14 . 1/15/2009
'So long and thanks for all the fish'? How I wish I had time to read this all the way through, slowly, twice! The chapters I /have/ read I enjoyed hugely...

Skykhanhunter chapter 14 . 1/14/2009
Really well done that. The trousers of time snapped back together again.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »