Reviews for The Children
Evani chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
This is terribly sad, and brilliantly written. I feel like it should have more, but at the same time it's ended really well. Thank you for writing this though, I like that you didn't go into too many details, and that you saved Dracos blindness as a bit of a twist.
MissMorrigan chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
Hauntingly beautiful.
fripa chapter 1 . 7/7/2014
Thanks for writing this story, it was a heartwrenching AU of what could have happened. Good work samvimes:-)
Oblights chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
Thank you.
For this super fucking wonderful representation of the characters - especially Draco.
For this amazing, descriptive, intense one-shot.
For your creativity.

Thank you.
EowynofRohan13 chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
Wow.
Just... wow.
Newcomb chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
Nicely done.
jackiemack916 chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
So very, very beautiful in such a sad way. Well done.
saudade do coracao chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Wow. I'm speechless. You envisioned the end quite a bit differently than J.K. Rowling did, but I think this is much more realistic than hers. Best wishes in all your writing endeavours!
Tamlin chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Sequel?
Basani chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Well, shit.

This is incredible.

~ZarosKnight
packman23 chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
If only the books had gone the right way to make this canon.

It's a lot darker than I'd expect from after the war and that makes it sort of strange that the central event is a parade. Despite this it strangeness of it works.

There's also a kind of sad irony about (beyond the obvious of what they said to Voldemort) a blind man sitting reading all day and a deaf woman who is never quiet (I'm assume Ginny is deaf from Draco's comments and that really struck the hardest of all since I assumed she just kept talking out of some sort of worry that Draco would be isolated from the world without sight). All in all you've created a sad sort of brilliance around the children which builds an almost perfect atmosphere. All the little things Draco keeps mentioning which don't only make it more apparent that he lives in this world without sight but also adds a huge amount of realism to this world.

I'd have to say though that the the events we don't see are the strongest point of this story though, you get a sense of this missed epic which just keeps on sneaking back in and that you wish you could get enough information to piece together. It all means I find myself in an odd place with this story, on the one hand I want to see more and more of the world that caused, to know every detail till there's nothing left to learn. On the other I feel that anything more would detract from this wonderful detached perspective of a man who doesn't live in the world, only going out into when his troubles get too much and his friends pull him out (I get the feeling that's more the real reason that they all come, to get out into the world). The little glimpses we have into the world means that the world behind it is far less important than the people within and means I almost instantly get pulled into the characters struggle.

I guess in the end I really just want to get on a broom and follow Colin Creevy all the way through this world.

In short this is probably the greatest oneshot I have ever read.
je m'appelle chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Wow. You're right, this is a really depressingly angstful story, but nonetheless, it's beautiful.
RogueBard chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
This is horribly, hauntingly beautiful.
Kellsabelle chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Brilliant, i loved it, this was beautiful and really well written.
Mirrorfaced chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Very depressing in a good way. Sad, though I still enjoyed it.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »