Reviews for Cannonball Run 4: High Octane
Action Fighter chapter 12 . 4/18/2010
An excellent chapter and a strong conclusion to the story. You have done quite well in doing such a crazy and amazing story Turbo Man. The unexpected cast of characters was quite a surprise for me and the intense action and comedy was something that I enjoyed during my read. If you plan on doing another race fanfic in the future, you can bet that I'll be there to read and see on what happens next. Nevertheless...good work my friend and continue to keep up the strong effort.
davewriter chapter 2 . 7/14/2008
Well, this certainly seems to be a very large race, with all the contestants... the only things it would need would be fans of some of these shows, cartoons, movies, etc, to ride along with them, then we could make a big reality show out of it. I'm wondering why so many. According to the Wikipedia article, there were only seven teams in the Cannonball Run race in the movie. I'm wondering if this would lean more to the actual Cannonball Baker Sea-to-Shining-Sea Memorial Trophy Dash.

Interesting chapter, nevertheless. I really don't know what else to say. Can't wait to get started on the race :D
davewriter chapter 1 . 5/19/2006
Interesting opening. Excellent crossing over of other action films like the Die Hard and Mission: Impossible movies, and The Fast and the Furious, as well as Grand Theft Auto, and all your fave cartoons, I imagine. Wise move that you had the movie characters names instead of the actual celebrities mentioned - though I noticed you published this on here before I joined, and I remember being a part of this site when they were cracking down on usage of celebrities in fic plots. Stuff like this can bring about lawsuits if the celebrities or their agents see this. That said, I'm kind of worried about your use of Oprah Winfrey in this chapter.

I also noticed you had a list of famous singers or singing groups on the "race bill" (Ozzy Osbourne, Backstreet Boys, Christina Aguliera, et al) Getting back to the use of celebrities I mentioned, I'm very worried about this group of "racers." Although I haven't gotten to that part yet, I'm hoping you gave them all fake character names. I wouldn't want you to get into trouble over this. (FYI, although I like music, I had to fast forward through this last, just in case you put "Weird Al" Yankovic on that list. Can't bloody stand that annoying windbag or that crap he calls "music!" (I only like "Nine Coronas" ONLY for the name-dropping, but still, if I'm ever at her - not "his" - potential concert, I'll take a crowbar and pull at Tonya-Harding-at-the-Lillehammer-Olympics on HER!)

Anyway, back to the review. I noticed a couple of cliches in the narration. I wouldn't recommend publishing this, but still, keep cliches out of narration and reserve them for dialouge or quotes. That's the rule of thumb.

I also noticed a lot of dialouge, and I hate to dwell on petty things, but I couldn't help noticing two common punctuation mistakes that you make throughout the chapter on spoken sentences. One is doubling up on the punctuation, with putting one mark before the closing quotation mark and one after. I, too, believed that you needed to punctuate the quote itself seperately from the rest of the sentence, but when I was a correspondence student in the Stratford Career Institute's creative writing program, I learned that this was not correct. I broke that habit quickly and haven't done it since. I also noticed that in most sentences where you put the quote before "[insert charcater name here] said," you have a period instead of a comma - also incorrect. If you want some advice on how to break these habits, e-mail me; this review is becoming too long for me to mention here.

This is the only time I will mention this in my reviews for this story. I dont want to make an enemy out of you by pointing out the same mistakes every chapter. That said, I will leave a review wherever appropriate until I finish.

Other than the above, I really like the story. Very interesting, though I haven't seen this movie, but I did read the Wikipedia article on this for the 411. I shall add this story to my Favorites.
Me chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
Too much stuff in there. Every few lines you add another list of cartoon characters and names from cartoons.

Why not instead of using characters from that stuff make your own up?
Charles Xavier chapter 15 . 8/28/2005
ACK! Gomen nasai! I've been away for too long...

Nice notes. I always enjoyed watching those Herbie films. Those were fun...
Brad Eugene Palmer chapter 15 . 6/20/2005
Sorry. I tried to post earlier, but it just wouldn't get through. Hopefully, it will NOW. Anyway, I loved the "trailer" and the notes. I most certainly DID enjoy the story and I have a hunch that we will, indeed, see you around. (sort of) :)
somebody chapter 14 . 4/30/2005
Er...are you going to post the next part up soon? I'd love to see your other Speical features.
Brad Eugene Palmer aka Nightw2 aka Comickook chapter 14 . 1/12/2005
These are pretty good deleted scenes, all right. Still, I can say how some of them could be afterthoughts. After all, inspiration hits at unpredictable times. Anyway, thanks for sharing these scenes. :)
BKelly95 chapter 14 . 1/9/2005
These were pretty funny. You should have left some of them in. I can just imagine Regis doing that.
Charles Xavier chapter 14 . 1/9/2005
I like that Enrique song...and Micheal Moore was funny as hell! But I'm surprised that you didn't throw in short commentaries on why you took those scenes out, and that alternate ending.

Oh wait, they're just afterthoughts...(shrugs)...never mind. They were good laughs though.

Be on the lookout for my new 'CR-ish' fanfic coming soon.
X-Over chapter 14 . 1/9/2005
Liked reading these deleted scenes of yours. Looking forward to the final chapter. Also, will you be writing another sequel to thois wonderful crossover story of yours. Please let me know. Anyway, keep up the good work. Thank you. :)
Nightw2 chapter 13 . 12/2/2004
LOL! These are some flat-out hilarious out-takes. Sorry, I didn't get a chance to read them sooner. :) Anyway, awesomely humourous stuff. :)
TimX7 chapter 12 . 11/19/2004
That was great! You don't mind if I take down Cannonball Run High Seas and make it the fifth installment? You know a Cannonball Run 5: High Seas. It was a idea since Charles Xaviar wrore CR3, you wrote CR4 and I think it should be me who writes CR5.
Charles Xavier chapter 13 . 11/7/2004
My favorite part was the one with Blackadder.
BKelly95 chapter 13 . 11/2/2004
Those were really funny. I loved the Terminator flub where he tosses the BAT through the wall of the set. You've given me an idea of what to do with Team Rocket in CR5.