Reviews for Elizabeth at Pemberley
Colleen S chapter 2 . 1/26/2020
Loving this story already!
Colleen S chapter 1 . 1/26/2020
Wonderful start!
LoveInTheBattleField chapter 2 . 1/26/2020
You need to fix this chapter, Darklight-phoenix.
gabyhyatt chapter 1 . 1/16/2020
Great fic
Darklight-phoenix chapter 1 . 1/16/2020
Hi John, and others, there is only one chapter so far. Originally there was two, but as a reviewer mentioned to lengthen it out, I have combined chapters one and two together. But the chapters shouldn’t be doubled, well not on my side anyway. Happy reading everyone!
John chapter 1 . 1/16/2020
I didn't get chapter two, just a repeat of #1
LoveInTheBattleField chapter 1 . 1/14/2020
This story is interesting, Happy New Year!
nanciellen chapter 1 . 1/14/2020
Mrs. Reynolds is such a fantastic character. Especially in your story. Thank you.
BrilliantLady chapter 1 . 1/13/2020
I'm not up for full assistance as a beta, but I saw your request for feedback in a group so thought I'd stop by with a few notes for you.

Firstly, chapters are very short. I'd recommend holding off until you've got a chapter at least 2K in length; this fandom tends to prefer long epics, and a few hundred words is pretty tiny for a chapter.

Secondly, you need to brush up on proper punctuation for your dialogue; you're making errors there pretty consistently. Do a google search on "editor's blog punctuation dialogue" to get my fave website with a summary of how to do this correctly.

Sample corrections: "Lizzy, are you well?" her aunt enquired. "You look rather pale and seem unusually quiet this morning." Her niece was usually an avid talker.

From Ch2: "Yes, very handsome," Elizabeth intoned, as if in a trance.

Use less capital letters. You don't need to capitalize house, master, aunt, mistress, or estate.

General feedback: Lizzy would wear gloves while travelling, so you shouldn't be able to see her knuckles whitening. Try and focus your story on what's different from canon, and bring in changes as soon as possible. Currently your story follows canon extremely closely, so there's not a lot of differences to lure in new readers. Typos are few, but you may wish to replace "ween" (in Ch2) with "wheedle" and "likeliness" with "likeness".

Good luck with your fic! :)
Doris212 chapter 2 . 1/13/2020
Your story telling is very nice, but your chapters are so very short.
liysyl chapter 1 . 1/11/2020
Interesting beginning let's see where you take us from here.
Elisa chapter 1 . 1/11/2020
Please try to format your story into paragraphs or use line breaks. It’ll make it easier to read.
147 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10