Reviews for Elizabeth at Pemberley
nanciellen chapter 3 . 2/29/2020
Great story. Mrs. Reynolds is great in the role of matchmaker. Ditto for Georgiana! Thank you.
Rosalieemmamailie chapter 3 . 2/29/2020
Love it! I love how everybody is so involoved
Darklight-phoenix chapter 3 . 2/29/2020
Hello my lovely readers, glad to see everyone is enjoying this chapter! I had lots of fun writing it, especially on Georgiana and Pemberley's staff!

To the lovely guest writer, thanks for pointing out the odd grammar mistake. I actually do have a beta-reader, but this time I was too excited to share what I had written first that I simply could not wait!

Stay tuned for the fourth chapter!
890890890 chapter 3 . 2/29/2020
PLEASE! It should be "every servant WAS aware" and NOT "every servant WERE aware"...you need an editor!
Regency1914 chapter 3 . 2/28/2020
I love it. Even the servants are matchmaking for Darcy and Elizabeth. Look forward to more. :)
LoveInTheBattleField chapter 3 . 2/28/2020
Georgiana the matchmaker!
funstt chapter 2 . 2/1/2020
I like that its taken from Mrs Reynolds POV. Can't wait to see where you take this.
orangebiscotti chapter 2 . 1/29/2020
Ah yes, Mrs. Reynolds continues to be marvelously cunning in this second chapter. Stalling the tour juuuuuust in time for the Darcy carriage to return? What a convenience coincidence~ (No, no. We all know this is exactly what she was aiming for.)

I was always fond of Georgiana in the books, and I love how you've managed to capture her graciousness and sweet demeanor. And it was nice to see her smiling slowly became more authentic as she gradually came to feel more comfortable in Elizabeth's presence.
orangebiscotti chapter 1 . 1/29/2020
How clever of Mrs. Reynolds, to use Darcy's portrait as a means to gauge Elizabeth's reaction! She's quite shrewd, and were Elizabeth not so rattled, I imagine she probably would've caught onto her ulterior motives quickly.
blueandie chapter 2 . 1/29/2020
First of all, I loved Pemberley in the novel/series and you did a beautiful job capturing the grandeur of the library!

"Countless shelves rose from the ground to the meet the ceiling, and blended perfectly with the décor" - really liked how you described the library as a living being, with the shelves rising up and the library being a sanctuary and the books having their own resting place. It was a nice way of introducing the room, before focusing on where it was placed in relation to the grounds and Elizabeth's reaction to seeing it.

"How she longed many a time to escape into one of her favourite novels, away from all the noise; to have some peace and quiet. Being born into a family with five daughters and a fretting mother meant drama in their household was inevitable. One could only dream." - Gorgeous, loved the mix of humour and reliability here for that need to just get away and sink into a good book. Very much enjoyed this!
Rosalieemmamailie chapter 2 . 1/28/2020
That is so great ! Really excited to read more
Darklight-phoenix chapter 2 . 1/28/2020
Dear lovely guests, thanks for leaving a wonderful review! To answer your question, yes, I plan for my story to have a HEA! Glad you’re enjoying my writing so far! Working on the next chapter.
Guest chapter 2 . 1/27/2020
Thank you for sharing your story. I love it so far! I hope it is not too full of angst. It feels light and refreshing so far. Of course, I would dearly love a HEA!
Another Lizzie chapter 2 . 1/27/2020
Nice entrance even without the swim. Looking forward to it. Thanks
DW.618 chapter 2 . 1/27/2020
I like this version of Georgiana and the unspoken assistance she gets from Mrs. Reynolds as she talks with Lizzy. And I really love Mrs. Reynolds perceptiveness about Lizzy/Darcy. You did an excellent job describing the library. I had never thought of it as spanning several rooms. But I can see it in my minds eye with light filtering in the windows.
147 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 Next »