Reviews for Muhammed Saeed al Sahaf in Middle Earth
b3cks chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
I think I love you. And that was just after reading the summary.
Tolkanonms chapter 9 . 9/3/2006
Brief, but clever. You had to get some ground-laying business out of the way, I suspect, to move the story forward. The setup for MSS to attempt to sway the masses is very promising... you tease! As for delays in posting, I left my parody hanging for nearly a year, I think (just updated this past week), so you'll get no guff from me. Congrats on graduating and new job!
Brassy Bane chapter 4 . 1/4/2006
i love the iraqi information minister, clever ideas using his quotes for the storyline.
unlikely2 chapter 5 . 6/25/2005
“Let go, you overly-optimistic madman!”

Dear me. I think, perhaps, that I should attempt to review this when i AM STONE COLD SOBER.

Sheesh.
Kitsune-Chan 8 chapter 9 . 5/14/2005
Dang, it's now the part I only read once and dosen't appear in the movies!

I can just imagine Baghdad Bob attempting some sort of propaganda thing in the Shire ("There are no bad Men here! Mr. Sharkey is a perfectly compassionate leader! Elves are agents of Sauron who have already cut their bellies by the sea!") and failing miserably because any "bad guys" are already there and running the place!

Oh, how I miss teh Monty, but loved the refrence to Fight Club - just what would they get up to in "Shirref's Club" anyway (or would we be safer not knowing)? Mayhaps after watching Ep. 3 you can throw in some star wars refrences too?

PS: the LOTR caption page is now called Bagginses
Catmint chapter 9 . 3/7/2005
Yay! Another absolutely hilarious chapter! LOVE the Rules!

I'm sending you something in an e-mail that you may well find extremely amusing!
AliciaF chapter 9 . 3/3/2005
What a great idea! That guy always cracked me up. I have a comic of him denying that American troops were in Baghdad even though two tanks were pointed straight at him and an American flag had been unfurled right behind him. Keep up the good work!
Bubonic Woodchuck chapter 9 . 3/2/2005
YAY! An update! *much merriment and consumption of caffeinated beverages* You just made my day!

"A man knew something suspicious was going on when the quotation marks were actually written down. That sounded a lot like communism, and he remembered the bitter struggle against the godless communist infidels of the USSR."

I *love* that bit. 'Twas hilarious.
Terreis chapter 3 . 2/16/2005
This is getting too weird. And too hysterical. Poor Grima. I'm actually feeling sorry for him and Saruman. Frightening, isn't it?

Geez, where do you get this stuff? It's great! Sadly, this is as far as I can get today. I'm on my lunch hour and...time's up.

But 'Allah has condemned your cards'. *laughs hysterically*

That line got me right away. And Grima trying to build a corner out of torches to play solitaire in privacy. Saruman welcoming the arrival of Gandalf. *shakes head* It's all so sad. You'll be hearing more from me tomorrow. Just thought I should warn you. It's only fair.

By the way, loved the bit about the 'Iraqi with the rose-colored glasses permanently welded to his head'. You have a real gift with words.
Terreis chapter 2 . 2/16/2005
Hm, nice explanation of the language barrier problem.

So that's what Saruman and Wormtongue have been doing! Go Fish! I should have known. And are we sure that Muhammed isn't a Goa'uld? Because that could explain the whole 'eyes lighting up' thing. No? Just checking.
Terreis chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
*grins* I love it when reality shifts. It makes things much more interesting. By the way...that's an awesome paragraph right there. And I particularly love it's ending sentence.

'Reality, which was impatient, and had other things to do with its time, and had lost track of the number of battles it had fought with this man, gave up.'

*shivers* Wow, that's good! Off to read the next chapter!
GreenCat3 chapter 8 . 5/12/2004
Nobody expects the Rohirric Inquisition! _
Funfun!
Catmint chapter 8 . 4/15/2004
Go Lobelia! You tell 'em! Is it just me, or did I have visions of a certain Cleese-played knight who gradually lost all his limbs, reincarnated in the battle of Amon Hen?
Catmint chapter 7 . 4/15/2004
Love the bit about the Rohan horse stickers!
Catmint chapter 6 . 4/15/2004
Nothing wrong with Monty Python! This fic is a work of genius!