Reviews for Sacrifices
Now Account chapter 2 . 12/6/2020
Oh well, so much happened!
Then drama is not fully resolved, but it's on its way
The-real-dragon-rider chapter 2 . 11/29/2020
I'll be honest; I'm not a huge fan of romance stories; ESPECIALLY ones with OC's. The reason being that the two characters are immediately a perfect match and they just click and no problems; everything just happens to quickly. On top of that, an arranged marriage direction seems like an easy way. HOWEVER, you add simple yet very impactful realism into this. One, the apprehension that both Hiccup and Eira feel at this. Neither one of them really wants to do it, but Hiccup is the only one who really has a choice. Second, the fact that despite Hiccup and Eira being teenagers, they are still young and shy around each other, there for not consummating the marriage was a smart play. Then this chapter where the couple has a rough patch; amazing. Showing that marriage is not all sunshine and rainbows, that marriage has some really rough patches and big misunderstandings is another big thing. You've really impressed me with the direction your taking this story; please keep up the good work!
southernbeauty13 chapter 2 . 11/26/2020
Love love love everything about this! You write these characters so well and I can't wait for more from you! Keep up the great work!
Guest chapter 2 . 11/25/2020
Outstanding! Thank you SO MUCH for the new chapter. The wait was worth it. This is a great story, I really look forward to reading more. Thanks again!
chickadeebabe chapter 2 . 11/25/2020
I am so so happy to see this fic updated after so long. And boy was the wait worth it! Drama, romance, dragons! What more can you want. I’m very glad that these two dorks finally at least started to talking. While I know that this isn’t the end of their problems or even close to love, at least they’ve opened communication even if in a roundabout way.

I wish my baby had more confidence in herself. Both her and Hiccup need confidence boosters and the Gang need to learn to accept that Hiccup is a grown man and therefore can make his own choices sometimes. Even if they don’t agree or think he’s being foolish, that’s for him to find out and learn from. They can’t make someone make the “right” choice because who’s to know what the right choice is in this situation? It’d be real easy to make Astrid the scorned victim and Eira the villain even tho it’s nothing like that—Hiccup gave her a choice to change his mind, she didn’t want to. That was the end of it.

She can be mad but she made her choice. She gotta live with it, and yea it’s unfair, and yea she has a right to be upset about losing him. But she can’t play victim and I’m glad that you’re making Astrids character learn that in this and not making her unreasonable or ooc.

Keep up the great work and hope to see a third chapter soon.
Dethkey chapter 1 . 4/28/2020
I like it so far. As hard as it is to read non hicstrid.
Mariah chapter 1 . 1/15/2020
yikes poor Eira she should have told her father she wants love?

will the wedding happen or will Eira say no and leave the island of berk?
Guest chapter 1 . 1/15/2020
Pretty good, I look forward to reading more.
southernbeauty13 chapter 1 . 1/14/2020
Ahhh! LOOK AT THIS BEAUTY! I was so excited when I saw you had updated. The raw emotion, the realisticness of the situation, the interactions of the characters! I love this so much and I cant wait for more!