Reviews for Out of the Abyss
DarkRook chapter 4 . 1/12/2021
I just started on this one and am enjoying it. The writing is fluid and while the pacing is rather quick right now its a good story. looking forward to reading more
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 27 . 1/6/2021
Oof, the idea of those deep gnomes turning into stone and being forced to bash themselves into pieces is awful.

Aw, that poor ghost. I like the way you described how it looked when it attacked Jhelnae; that was seriously freaky (it's hard for me to capture horror in writing, so I always appreciate when authors can.)

Ront is taking this surprisingly seriously.

["You killed your own soldiers. Are you crazy? Or just a bitch?"] Nat 1 on charisma there Jhelnae.

...And yeah, once again I think your creative liberties are for the better. It would've been boring if she'd just waited there and then attacked immediately.
Daxxers chapter 27 . 1/6/2021
They just couldn't stay at the tap-house and enjoy a beer, could they? Hate medusas!

Nice chapter ending. Quick. Where is Chapter 28? Need to know what happens next!
Mike chapter 26 . 1/2/2021
Hope you’re doing well. Enjoyed the 26 chapters and look forward to seeing some more one day. Take care.
Daxxers chapter 26 . 12/26/2020
Typical Sky!

your poor heroes. always getting saddled with solving other people's problems!

I liked the ghost!
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 26 . 12/26/2020
["Don't worry, Fargas," Sky said. "We tabaxi are good at finding things."

"Finding trouble, you mean," the halfling said.]

Yeah, pretty much.

The ghosts being stuck reliving their last moments forever is... depressing.
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 25 . 12/18/2020
I like your take on the deep gnomes culture - they are generally good people with a strong sense of right and wrong, but their belief in kindness must be balanced by a need for caution, living so close to deadly enemies like the drow. They are willing to let their guard down when someone proves they deserve that respect, but... anyway, kinda reminded me of how they were in the Drizzt books.

The issue with the wererat deep gnomes is interesting - wererats are evil only when they turn, right? So it seems like it shouldn't be too much of an issue for the two groups to coexist, since they'd be basically the same culture when not turned... but, the wererats had their home kinda invaded by a group of people that would usually be discriminatory to them (not without reason) and attempting to coexist might require the wererats to change their lives in ways that otherwise wouldn't be necessary, so it's not really fair to them... one of those issues where no one is obviously right and wrong, which gives it a refreshing realism when so much of D&D is like "evil race must be defeated so good race can prosper"

Anyway it's funny to imagine all the guys, including Derendil, trying to share a tiny bath.
Daxxers chapter 25 . 12/14/2020
I enjoy scenes in ins/bars. Makes me hungry/thirsty.

Splitting up the party? Bold move!
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 24 . 12/9/2020
Well, I have no advice, but I didn't think it was a slog. Transitions are hard but this worked just fine. You included enough interesting details that it wasn't jarring or dull.
Daxxers chapter 24 . 12/8/2020
Transition - a necessary evil in writing! Unlike the D&D game we can't have the DM pop up and say "OK, you meet the Gnome rulers: here's your quest." You have to get us there, and you did.

Some good descriptions of what the party is seeing, the expected Tabaxi-Half drow humour, and enough of a hint of what they will be facing next (wererats - yugh!). I liked the depth of character you have given the gnome rulers, there sense of frustration really comes through.
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 23 . 11/27/2020
I agree it would’ve seemed a little contrived to have them learn about the ooze problem and immediately encounter an ooze. Good call on that.

Lol at the meager attempt to try to get Sky to act with a plan. (I think she probably had a plan... in her head. Much easier to revise that way.)
Daxxers chapter 23 . 11/23/2020
Fitting the campaign to match your story works. Things flow better that way! Your characters behavior stays consistent and the group banter is pleasant and adds to the character's background story and the reader's enjoyment. Good work.

Glad to hear that you are doing well.

It is a rough road ahead for you, but keep that end goal in mind. You've got this.
Daxxers chapter 22 . 11/23/2020
Another good chapter. Typical Sky. Hard to believe the tabaxi is still alive, the way she just picks stuff up and tries it out. ;)
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 22 . 11/14/2020
I was wondering how it would play out with the miconids... glad the sprouts are safe! But I’ll miss them! And so will Alleina... there’s no Facebook to check on them. Or even a postal service to go to the underdark...

The “vegan” mindflayer was hilarious. Love the creativity.

And lastly, I’m glad that your treatment is looking hopeful. Best of luck.
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 21 . 11/8/2020
Aww, so Sarith is dead. The power of friendship couldn’t save him. He was the only other one who thought like Ront, so I bet this will just cement in Ront’s mind that his way is best.
218 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »