Reviews for Out of the Abyss
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 21 . 11/8/2020
Aww, so Sarith is dead. The power of friendship couldn’t save him. He was the only other one who thought like Ront, so I bet this will just cement in Ront’s mind that his way is best.
Daxxers chapter 21 . 10/20/2020
nice battle scene. interested in seeing how this is resolved.

too bad about Sarith.
Daxxers chapter 20 . 10/9/2020
Sometimes the story needs exposition. But you kept it relevant and interesting by using the party member's unique personalities. Like seeing more of Ront.

Good chapter and I expect we are being set up for a something truly awful in the Garden (plus a good fight scene?).

Take care.
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 20 . 10/9/2020
First of all, I’m so sorry to hear about your health struggles. I’m glad to hear that the prognosis is good and that you’re still feeling relatively OK for now. I’m wishing you all the best.

Secondly, for the chapter. I like that you’ve explored the complicated nature of Ront’s position here - by his own cultural standards it’s shameful for him to be in this position, so of course he’s going to lash out. I think it’s a sign of... something that the party is actually dealing with and discussing it rather than ignoring it. Even Jhaelnae’s being mad at him is a sign that she’s come to expect more from him.

With the possible danger afoot, I’m a bit worried about him going off alone. Wouldn’t it make everyone feel guilty if he gets killed off? Hah.

Also I’m going to miss Stool once they leave this area - he’s so precious

Oh also, I think I owe you like 3 PMs, sorry I totally suck at replying to things
kingpariah chapter 19 . 10/6/2020
(Nods) sometimes its best to not fight what the characters want. It makes the writi g easier. XD

(Does a cheer when you mention Percy Jackson) whhoo! I always grin when I see PJO mentioned. Or any other books ive read. Mainly cuz i didnt know any readers as i read them annd couldnt talk about them with anyone.

Also yes, love triangles are a thing. At least theyre not like the shopper side of fandom. Those guys and girls ship everything and see romance everywhere. Even when there isnt any. (Shakes head at shippers)

Now then, lets start the chapter!

"Im curious about the love potion. For research" XD if internet has taught anything, 'for research' is not a valid response even if its the truth.

Talking of bris' servanta, i imagine the contract said 'you'll work forever until the queen dismisses you' or something similar. XD

Aleina hitting khul by mistake has all the makings of a Nat 1
XD

Huh. No wonder Fireball is a meme. XD

Stoll is home, and soon the group will see the garden. Whoo!
kingpariah chapter 18 . 10/6/2020
(Snickerss) poor jhelnae having ront as company.

Was that mage armor that jhelnae casted? After "i dont trust that voice?"

With a group like this, being the ladt survivor wouldnt bother me as long as im not the reason for the near TPK. XD

Prints going inside tomb. No prints going out. (Skeptic) yeeeaahhh. Ive seen enough horror movies to guess where this is going. (Grin)

If Moander is a death god, why wouldnt his symbol be in a tomb?

Me seeing the ghosts. "People die when they are killed" / fantasy writers "not in my world"

Sneaky Sky! Stealing the sword!

Die ghosts!

Everything is a risk! But some risks are worth it. And now, best part of D&D: looooooooooot!
kingpariah chapter 17 . 10/6/2020
Poor fargas. Gains conciousness only to be assasulted by Skys confusing words.

(Snickers) ah, the pain of many bilinguals in one place, and not all of them know the same launguage.

Sore muscles after exercise. Havent felt that in awhile. -_-

Phew. No more spiders.

Khul is best pillow. XD a lady on each shoulder. A dream thats still a dream. XD XP

90 summers old and just barely starting youth. XD

(Snickers at khul being annoyed at cheery girls)

(Burst laughter at Stool siding with Aleina while khul needs more male support) poor khul.

Derendil is a fan of hansel and gretel. (Grin)

An underdark tomb? Sounds like a recipe for adventure. ... wait a minute... O_O

A curious Aky is a dagerous thing.
Guest chapter 19 . 9/27/2020
Please, let’s have some more. Miss this story!
Daxxers chapter 19 . 9/20/2020
some times our characters have minds of their own. best to let the ladies do their thing.
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 19 . 9/20/2020
Aww, Stool finally made it home! I was pretty worried when they almost got eaten - that would be beyond cruel to kill them off when they were almost home. But D&D games sometimes DO get cruel like that, so... (I don't know if you run simulated combat or not as you write, since I know some people do.)

I had to laugh at your author's note a bit - I relate to characters not wanting to do what you want them to do. I think it's best to let them ramble instead of forcing them into a love triangle - that trope can be frustrating enough when it ISN'T forced, and it's downright cringy when it is shoehorned into something. Speaking of YA, I might have forgotten if you mentioned it earlier, but how old is the cast? I figured they were all about early-20s/racial equivalent (except the sprouts of course.) Maybe 18-19 for a few of them?
kingpariah chapter 16 . 9/6/2020
(nods at aleina) dizzying heights are not fun.

(burst laughter) holy! that'd be the worst moment to forget about one's powers. keeping track of powers is important.

heh. even in the Underdark, the Sun still reigns. XD

hey look, sort of reasonable goblins.

Sky is pretty simple. show her something cool and shes hooked.

(about the spiderwebs and goblins) "not the time for jests" poor Eldeth. she's not used to the madness of adventuring parties and their quests.

(tries to whistle and fails) i would not like spider silk climbing one bit. (shudders)

well thats a cliffhanger! (laughs)
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 18 . 9/2/2020
Sentient weapon! That’s one of my favorite tropes. I hope this sword tells (more of) her story. It’s a cool twist that the mysterious voice calling out to them actually WAS benevolent
Daxxers chapter 18 . 9/2/2020
Great chapter. Good fight scene.
Intelligent sword - those are always a mixed blessing.
Let the looting begin!
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 17 . 8/22/2020
I feel like you always trash-talk your own chapters in the author's notes, and then I read the chapter and enjoy it anyway. I just love your characters so even if a chapter is just characters talking to each other and not much action, I enjoy it.

I enjoyed the small bit of Kuhl's backstory we saw - it illustrates why it would genuinely suck to be a part-elf raised among elves (raised among humans is not a much better choice - everyone you love will die instead of the other way around) and how isolating that is. I also genuinely enjoyed the banter between him, Jhelnae, and Aleina - though, also, poor Kuhl. The price of chivalry, I guess. Anyway, Stool defending him was just so innocent and cute. ;_;

I also enjoyed the slightly deeper look we got into Ront this chapter, seeing him being his grumpy self but also his genuine and reasonable, uh, self-esteem issues resulting from his predicament. Naturally if the god of his race is going to cast him out for allying with other races, it makes sense for him to be this way. It's interesting to see orcs being treated with depth, since a lot of people (including some of the canon books) just want to use them as one-dimensional bad guys.

Also, just wanted to reiterate that all of your individual characters are so great and I really admire your ability to handle such a large cast and give everyone their own subtle but individual speech patterns/mannerisms/etc.
Daxxers chapter 17 . 8/22/2020
Glad they are off the Silken Road, but only because I hate spiders.

Sky's curiosity is going to get them into more trouble, I'd bet.

"patiences" ? or patience? (or patients, haha.)
219 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »