Reviews for Out of the Abyss
TimC chapter 4 . 3/3/2020
Now, to see what the treasure is hidden in the sheet...
Daxxers chapter 4 . 3/3/2020
Good chapter. You have a lot happening in a short time. Well-paced.

Your heroes run away a lot ;) Too smart to stay and be killed. Fewer 'tanks' means more brains in the group!

I like that action and some self-reflective moments from the two or three main characters move the story along. Not a lot of exposition.

One thing I noticed, when escaping the Kuo-toa:
"He felt Jhelnae take a grip on the backstraps of his leather armor to keep them from being decaying..."

I think you are missing a line here.

Looking forward to more.
Belmakori chapter 3 . 2/18/2020
Another good chapter. Excited to read more.

TimC chapter 3 . 2/14/2020
A solid chapter.
Daxxers chapter 3 . 2/15/2020
Great action sequence. Good character development. Lies, half-truths, murder. A mystery and an adventure/escape story!
Belmakori chapter 2 . 1/29/2020
Excellent chapter. Very exciting and tense. I could "feel" their urgency to escape.

I found a few errors. I didn't note them here. You may want to do another read through, though.

Belmakori chapter 1 . 1/27/2020
Interesting first chapter. I recently started playing D&D again myself (my kids and their friends). I've been looking for ideas to spark my imagination. Even though this is based on the adventure Out of the Abyss, it's still well thought out.

I look forward to reading more.

Daxxers chapter 2 . 1/26/2020
Arronmag. Very good start to the story! Lots of characters to keep straight. The different racial types help (how soon before the Derro has to be killed? They cannot be trusted.)
Like you, it has also been decades since I played DND. One of the reasons I got into fanfic. Not familiar with Out of the Abyss, but I like your idea of writing a story within a game setting.

Looking forward to more!