Reviews for Out of the Abyss
Lumen del Mari chapter 27 . 12/22/2021
Somehow I totally missed the fact the party was splitting up. I knew not everyone was going to the catacombs but I missed the fact the others planned to go into Rockblight. This can’t end well. NEVER split the party!
Jhelnae is growing with her powers. I assume you gave her the eldritch invocation of Devil’s Sight.
I see their encounter with Udhask went about as well as ours did. Also, giggled at Derendil’s many elf maid lovers and sharp tongued sister bit. I’m still so intrigued to see what you do with him!
Speaking to our different styles of writing, I very much enjoy that while you lean heavier to the dialogue side than I do, yours is plot driven and descriptive. I never feel bogged down or bored by it because it flows naturally and it all has purpose. Plus with a party that large there is bound to be a lot of chatter!
They were much smarter with the crystals than we were!
It is nice that your group at least had the intention of reasoning with the Medusa. We…didn’t. I do feel slightly bad we didn’t even try. I’ve discussed this with captainecchi since the Medusa becomes their ally in her fic! Funnily enough our party’s grand idea was bats and a giant scorpion. Didn’t *quite* go how we hoped but that’ll be explained when I finally get to Blingdenstone arc.
Aaand I wasn’t wrong splitting the party might be bad!
If I haven’t said it before, I really enjoy the way you describe Rhianne’s bardic abilities and spell casting!
I think you handled the Medusa fight very well! A quick kill. It’s nice that you salvaged the head. All we got was a leg. Again. Long story. :D
My only criticism and this is just a very minor, personal opinion is that sometimes I think your female characters are too quick to start throwing “bitch” insults at each other. To me it can sometimes feel like a couple of high schoolers getting in a cat fight when these are grown adults. I have absolutely no problem with foul language being thrown around, but perhaps they can handle it in a more conniving way. Women who truly despise each other love nothing more than to dig their claws in deep.
Loving it! And onward I go!
Lumen del Mari chapter 26 . 12/22/2021
I really like that they were able to finish out Pelek’s quest. In our game, I don’t think we ever found his hand. So, I really enjoyed seeing it detailed in your story. The description of the catacombs is beautiful and I really liked Eldeth’s line about dwarves and deep gnomes “come from stone and to stone we should return.”
We also had very little dealings with the ghosts—there’s a lot going on in Blingdenstone! Talk about sandbox.
Also totally not surprised Sky let the Warden possess her. I loved hearing all the possession Jadger had done. I was cracking up at that. Very well done.
Lumen del Mari chapter 25 . 12/21/2021
I actually remember reading up to this chapter a while back but never reviewed. Few things of quick note. I love that Fargas comes from a family of brewers and offered to help Tappy stay in business. As a Tappy fan, that resonated with me.
I am curious about Jhelnae and Sky’s encounter with the wererats and awakened tree. “It really did trip me.” I liked that bit.
Sky better not become a wererat but as always, I love her impulsiveness.
Going through this kinda quick because I want to get to where I last left off!
Makareth chapter 58 . 12/19/2021
Interesting chapter!

No, it's not very very bad. Glitter's sexuality comment felt unnecessary to me, but the chapter as a whole was good!
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 58 . 12/17/2021
I like Glitter! He seems like... a good mix of matter-of-fact about his unpleasant situation, and having a good sense of humor.
Daxxers chapter 58 . 12/17/2021
I do not recall "scarecrows" but I may have skimmed past that bit in an earlier chapter. Aravae is gathering quite the group of rescuers!
GerryWright chapter 58 . 12/17/2021
Hmmm. What does Sylvarie have in mind? :O
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 57 . 12/15/2021
Ohh so the medusa is Sylvarie! I feel bad for her… seems that old fable could apply to either of them.
Makareth chapter 57 . 12/13/2021
Interesting! I'm not as familiar with Sune as with Lolth or Kelemvor, so I have no idea how much you changed. Loved it though! XD
Daxxers chapter 57 . 12/13/2021
Don't know about Ed, but a humble reader forgives you. A Medusa as an ally? Interesting but dangerous. liking the twists and turns of the plot.
GerryWright chapter 57 . 12/12/2021
Phew! A little relief for Aravae! Now, if she can only get the rest of her friends out of danger.
Makareth chapter 56 . 12/6/2021
Interesting! I like the scene with the naiad.

I'm curious to see how Aravae will handle the Medusa.
Daxxers chapter 56 . 12/6/2021
Ugh, a Medusa. Tough to kill without mirrors and spells. I think it took several of the party to kill the last one they faced?

But is it really a Medusa, or a cursed Sune priestess? Next chapter, please!
GerryWright chapter 56 . 12/5/2021
Wow! Just wow! Aravae is getting her share of the action, for sure! I hope she survives to tell the tale.
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 56 . 12/5/2021
I was not expecting it to be a Medusa…
218 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »