Reviews for Out of the Abyss
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 55 . 12/2/2021
I wonder who the wayward priestess is. Sylvarie? There's definitely more to the story here than just three hags taking over the spa, and it's hinted at in subtle ways - one of the captors possibly being merciful enough to give Sky a pillow and blanket, and Aravae wondering why an elf would dedicate a temple to Sune... Very curious.

Oof, Aravae is in quite a predicament now. Wonder how she'll get out of this one. It's not really fair; she tried to tell Cyrena and Cyrena didn't listen... but I see why Cyrena would be very hesitant.

And yeah, I know that feeling about trying to get people to read stuff. It's frustrating. I guess it just takes a lot more time and mental effort to read someone's fanfic than to listen to them play an instrument or look at a piece of artwork they created. So fanfic writers' talents go unappreciated outside of their own circles.
Daxxers chapter 55 . 12/1/2021
This is very good chapter. You are spending a lot of time on "secondary" characters. Readers are getting to know them as well as the main party members.

I sympathize with you about "readership". I, too have tried to interest friends and family in my stories, but no go. Ah, well.

Looking forward to Chapter 56!
Timeless Omega chapter 55 . 12/1/2021
Hey it's great and I found out a lot of new stuff from this that I didn't know before. Anyway because of it I have implemented some of the elements of the story you've made (hope you don't mind) anyway the gist is it's great helped me come up with hombrew things for my quest and I love just the story thanks for writing it. :)
GerryWright chapter 55 . 12/1/2021
YIKES! What is going to happen next? It just keeps getting more and more dire for the characters. :O
Makareth chapter 54 . 11/29/2021
Well that's not good! Curious to see how they get out of this one...
Daxxers chapter 54 . 11/27/2021
Ooh, this does not bode well. Let's see... Sarith, the gnomes, Derendil - yup about time to lose another party member.

But wait. Aren't elves mostly immune to sleep-type spells, charms etc...?

Am enjoyable and creepy chapter.
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 54 . 11/27/2021
Ooh, creepy! I knew something bad was going to happen, but I like how delightfully creepy this is. Making canvas out of elves' skin? Has some scary implications about why a shambling mound arose in this area... And Feeding people to... some kind of dog thing.

But yeah I'm really curious to find out who these people are, especially because with what Aravae overheard, it seems like they don't get along perfectly. It seems like Sylvarie's comment about some common want binding them together might effect their own group too...

I wonder if the reason Aravae will be able to get out is because she isn't fully what she says she is so the painting might not have fully caught her?
GerryWright chapter 54 . 11/27/2021
Oh, my! I didn't expect that a trip to a spa would turn into deadly danger! :O
Makareth chapter 53 . 11/26/2021
I like this one a lot!

The end notes I also found extremely amusing.
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 53 . 11/23/2021
Aw, Sky is a philosopher… or a marriage counselor.

That shambling mound so unds gross… definitely an ominous portent
Daxxers chapter 53 . 11/23/2021
Well, with last line, Aleina just blew their chance for a relaxing spa day. Good battle scene.
GerryWright chapter 53 . 11/23/2021
I have certainly enjoyed the last couple of chapters in your story, and was happy to see characters expressing real affection for one another (dare we say love?). I am still hoping for a little romance within the party. ;)
Lumen del Mari chapter 23 . 11/22/2021
Into Blingdenstone! I have to remind myself they have no true drow among them and Rhianne’s good word to boot because I’m over here at least like…how could they have possibly gotten in so easily?! Then I remember, damn my party :D we were blindfolded and interrogated!
Tappy! Oh I am excited now. Of any of our NPCs not related to the main escape or character backstories, Tappy we loved the most.
Laughter might’ve saved Jhelnae! A cozy corner of the Underdark indeed. We did truly enjoy Blingdenstone despite all we had to do there.
Two cubes! Oh no! I see they have gained the gnomes favor though. Of course Sky would delve in head first to save Mev.
A good introduction to Blingdenstone. I look forward to reading more!
Makareth chapter 52 . 11/19/2021
Cool chapter! I find it interesting that Aravae was so interested in finding out what happened to her father, and I love the description of Aravae and her foster mother's relationship.

The joke at the end was humorous, but a little weird in my opinion. I don't think it needs any reworking or anything though.

As always, great work, and I look forward to seeing where this adventure goes from here!
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 52 . 11/18/2021
I'm intrigued by Aravae's interest in information about her father... if you don't bring Aravae and Mialee back after they separate from the party, you'll have to write a spin-off about Aravae :P

It's kind of sad that Aravae was just placed where they had room for her and no one really intended to actually see her as family... but I suppose that's how these things work in so many cultures.

Eh, I laughed at the end, at least about Dawnbringer's remarks. I don't see a need to rework it, but maybe someone who is a better editor than me will have suggestions.
218 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »