Reviews for The Leap
Lily Dragonquill chapter 1 . 1/23/2004
Here's my promised review:
Nicly written. You really capture those young hobbits and there foolish ideas!
And that Tolly... I felt the desire to wipe the sneer away from his face myself! Poor Pippin!
~
Pippin's (and Merry's) memory is wonderfully woven into the storyline of FotR. That silent apology of Pippin at the end made me swallow hard.
Bingalicious Midnight chapter 1 . 1/9/2004
Aww, that was nice! I like the ending, too. And the beginning. And the middle. Ahem.
Keep writing.
LOTRwolf chapter 1 . 12/29/2003
Aw, I loved this story! I'm a major Pippin fan, and my nick-name is actually Pip. I actually have a story a lil similar to this, but different. I love your work!
jedi-hobbit chapter 1 . 9/14/2003
Sweet! This is awesome! I loved this! Great work!
naira chapter 1 . 6/15/2003
so what does pippin make the jump? or not
Malicious Malfoy chapter 1 . 6/14/2003
This was excellent!

As a *major* Pippin fan, I am very critical of fanfiction containing him, but this was really good and not out of character in anyway .. congratulations, most people write them so out of charcter they are barely themselves anymore besides the names. But anyway, I was quite impressed with the way you interpreted that scene. I always wondered what it was about, and now I know! Hehehehe.
Pipkin Sweetgrass chapter 1 . 5/23/2003
Very good! I liked this story. You did well.
Acacea chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
Very nice story and very much in character.

(As to the cricket bit, don't worry...you've handled it just fine. Hitting a tree wouldn't be out in a proper game but it often is in street games.)
Tini-angel chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
Awe! So cute. Good work. I really like the whole story...
Pippinfan1988 chapter 1 . 5/20/2003
Oh, this story was too cute! You did a great job-I really enjoyed your story!
Bookworm2000 chapter 1 . 5/20/2003
That was a cool flashback! It really shows why Pippin was afraid to jump the crack.
Hai chapter 1 . 5/19/2003
That was good! I often wondered about that one passage in FOTR. You did a wonderful job writing and all. Thank you for a wonderful read!
Pansy Chubb chapter 1 . 5/18/2003
Very nice. I love the part where one of the Bolgers warns the girls will ask questions. "'Splash 'em,' Merry said mercilessly." This is such a good little flash back, thank you.
Natta chapter 1 . 5/18/2003
Oh how sweet this is really good! It is long too, that is something you don't often see here nowadays. (when there's only one-chapter-stories)
VercisIsolde chapter 1 . 5/18/2003
All that from one little passage in FOTR. Of course, once I saw the name of this fic and the summary I had a feeling it would have something to do w/ that part. I'm glad you showed a more personal view of it at the end. I also love little Pippin, what else is new? One thing, a critisism of Tolkien: how could a hobbit ever manage to jump 7 feet? I've always been curious as to how that would work. No wonder he was afraid!

Luv