Reviews for Too Many Champions
fvdv123 chapter 13 . 8/23/2023
A great story, with my favorite kind of humor.
Princess Asuna chapter 13 . 7/19/2023
This was actually a wild ride and i loved every moment of it! I LOVED how Hermione won each round of the "Twi Wiz" with a simple summoning charm lol And how due to misinformation Riddle AKA Moldyshorts, thought Harry was actually on his side, and thus made it easier for Harry and Hermione to off the guy XD
Yellow Green Fish chapter 13 . 7/12/2023
Hahaha can't stop laughing XD Thank you for your hard work!
Ohma chapter 13 . 6/18/2023
Loved it from start to finish.

I've been reading fics for several years and this is the first story I'm favouriting.
Ohma chapter 9 . 6/18/2023
I haven't laughed this hard in a long while.
Ohma chapter 8 . 6/18/2023
and holyshit...what a coincidence
Ohma chapter 7 . 6/18/2023
it's been really fun and all, but if this Harmony Ranger subplot doesn't end with her bitch slapping Rita then it's just a waste of space.
EdTheBeast chapter 13 . 6/17/2023
Nice fluffy comedy, yet (pun intended) serius story around the Tri-Wizard and the Death of Tom.
Jake Masters chapter 4 . 6/12/2023
Not often that I laugh out loud while reading fan fiction (most people are not nearly as amusing as they think they are myself included) but you have some good ones in here.
Tsiehshi chapter 13 . 6/13/2023
In all seriousness, I don't like the canon plot of GoF (even though its setting is pretty cool), because it's a complete idiot plot where almost no adults cover themselves in glory. You would think someone would solve the mystery way earlier, or they'd design the tasks better.

Crouch is supposed to be meticulous and smart, what with:

- Actually caring about stuff like standardization (working with Percy on cauldron thickness standards, and rightly so considering it potentially affects anyone trying to brew potions).

- Doing a fine job as DMLE. Sirius' hatred of him doesn't extend to contempt. If he sucked at his job, Sirius of all people wouldn't hesitate to call him a bumbling fool or something along these lines. Instead, he tries to understand where he was coming from and how he became so ruthless and cruel.

- Secrecy (warns Bagman not to give the surprise away, and given what happened because the wrong people learned too much, it's kind of prophetic).

- Managing to do the bloody (sorry, I had to) research about how to dress like a Muggle (when few wizards could) and how the Goblet works (being said to know the rulebook inside out). Sure, the Goblet had a mind of its own, making it vulnerable to some forms of extremely powerful mind magic including at least Confundus, but if he wasn't Imperiused, he could have figured out a way working with Dumbledore, especially because he had some... information Dumbledore didn't know. Or he might have deliberately withheld some details about the rules from the headmasters (with Karkaroff being sus and Crouch not wanting to look like he's favoring any others) while planning the tournament to make it harder to tamper with, but Bagman missed it, his son learned everything anyway and he couldn't get the word out.

- Speaking loads of languages to the point that he's trusted to directly communicate with foreigners (and possibly retroactively shows it off in his insane state when he thinks "he'll have time to draft a response to the Andorran MoM" referring to the events before the TWT).

- Managing to hatch a plan with his dying wife to help his son escape. The Polyjuice idea might or might not have come from his wife, and she was definitely more invested in saving her son than him, but he might have blamed himself for her sickness, motivating him to get involved way before her death or the brewing of the potion. Being a former DMLE, he's also probably more knowledgeable than her about Dementors and how to trick them. And her sickness might have prevented her from thinking clearly enough to devise a lot of the plan.

Much like Dumbledore usually ending up looking like a negligent authority figure despite his achievements and intelligence, what with Harry being in trouble every year despite him (but some overzealous bashers flanderize him into a manipulative bastard, a senile idiot, or both), Crouch ends up looking rather incompetent in this book despite some impressive qualities. Even though he's Imperiused during the tournament, he was organizing it way before that, and troubles still happen.

To be fair, having to work with Bagman and even pick his slack whenever he falls short while being hamstrung by Ludo's massive pull and popularity is quite a mitigating factor (I can see Bagman protesting "Come on Barty, stop being such a worry-warty! What can possibly go wrong?! I don't expect an uncharismatic bore like you to realize dragons are fun and cool, but dammit! And if you don't accept my ideas, I'll tell on Uncle Cornelius!"). It's also possible that the tasks needed to be modified slightly to accommodate four champions instead of three (bringing another dragon, for starters), at which point Imperius would come into play and force Crouch to make or order harmful changes to the tasks. That could be the reason why they managed to reinstate the tournament in the first place - the initial version was safer apart from the Goblet problem, so it got accepted, but it was made more dangerous because Voldemort got an opportunity to join in.

And even Bagman gets short-changed. I'll give him one thing: he wouldn't miss an opportunity to make a task as fun and creative as he can, and that would mean the audience would be able to watch. He and Crouch were supposed to complement each other nicely, but both ended up with a fiasco on their hands.

Normally I wouldn't like idiot plots, but this story manages to be fun and brilliant by taking any weirdness to its logical conclusion. I also appreciate that you don't take the easy way out by bashing Dumbledore, and the other adults manage to be hilarious and recognizable while being idiots. I liked the reference to the names Crouch and Moody showing up on the same pages usually.
Lord Touch Me chapter 13 . 6/11/2023
This fic was the most fun and logical, but it left me wanting LEMON scenes after so many hints... :C
HalfBlood Prince chapter 13 . 5/31/2023
This story was damn hilarious, the ignorance of common sense when using ACCIO charm, the confusion of the domination of great britain and the defense of the freedom of homosexuality brought me to tears of laughter...LOL :D
Voxxie chapter 1 . 5/27/2023
Wow. I tried to read a few chapters but the amount of stupidity you've shared with your HP theories is a turn off. Thanks for sharing for the others who enjoy it though!
Eldersprig chapter 6 . 4/17/2023
did Luna imply that Crabbe was someone else?

also the running gag of Harmony Ranger? :)
The Ghostly Minion chapter 5 . 3/21/2023
Nice mix of canon and the AU.

Clever for Harry to use Dumbledore’s Legilimancy to get H&H out of Snape-led Potions.

Love how they use Hagrid to get information. The Twins’ plans should be good. Can’t wait to see Harry’s plan for Hermione.

TGM