Reviews for The Real Last Supper
mudpuddledemon chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
I just popped in to tell you I lol'd at the warning in your summary, with no intention of reading, but then it was so short I had to give it a chance, and it's awesome. Bravo. Really, really well done. Formatting's good too. Impressive, most impressive.
CopperLeaf chapter 1 . 3/9/2006
I really enjoyed how the poem was able to conjure up such vivid imagery with so few words. I especially liked the “picking bones, from feather wings” line. I liked that you didn’t “dumb it down” to make the last supper reference blindingly obvious. The poem raises certain questions that I find intriguing; was the fallen seraphim who ended paradise with a lie Judas? Was the devil Jesus himself? Is this a parody of the last supper, or perhaps and alternate of what could have been? Either way I think its excellent.
miichan2 chapter 1 . 11/3/2003
You have a lot of very lovely imagery in this poem, but I have to question why you titled this "The Real Last Supper." I understand the references (the thorny crown line was excellent) but I don't think you argue the point well enough to truly connect this with anything that has to do with the Bible other than a few select lines. This would be a wonderful poem on its own, and linking it to the Bible just seems unnecessary, and I think it weakens the impact. Were you writing this purely to be controversial? This piece would be a lot better if you left it as an abstract poem rather than try to be shocking by seeming to compare Jesus to the devil.
Hatteress chapter 1 . 7/22/2003
Tell Cassie she rocks beyond belief or...oh wait, you wanted flames...let me just fire up the old ritious cannon...

You blasphemer! You satanistic cow! How dare you parade your filth about so freely you whore of the night!

Better? hehe, but seriously, kick ass...and did ya like me other emails? *innocent expression*
Goferdude chapter 1 . 5/27/2003
That was very well done. And I'm pretty sure that it's saying Jesus's death was in vain.

I like this one, well-done indeed.
esther chapter 1 . 5/24/2003
That's horrible! You're mocking Jesus. You shouldn't be allowed to post stuff like that. I don't think you've ever read the story of the last supper. The Devil? It's blasphemous!
notsotragic chapter 1 . 5/19/2003
I like your poem :D Good rhyming scheme :-)

Alex
googoo4you chapter 1 . 5/18/2003
This was... interesting. I love the poetry, and the description, and basically the whole thing. Keep up the excellent work!

~Me. (Who can't write reviews) ;)
abraxis chapter 1 . 5/18/2003
I would probably never have run onto this except that I have Lori on my author alery list because of her Pitch Black fiction. My deepest thanks to her for posting it.

This is so deep. There are so many questions that it creates but does not answer, so many paths of thought to explore. The juxtaposition of opposites is excellent. Good poetry, like good art, should lead the reader (viewer) into levels of their own mind that perhaps the artist never imagined. This piece does that. Truely excellent work.
taggirl chapter 1 . 5/18/2003
ok, so your saying Jesus is the devil? This certainly is well written, but I'm not sure about the content. However, it is a good poem.
Shian chapter 1 . 5/18/2003
. . . OH! I get it! Satan thinks he's about to win over Christ, having him be crucified! Am I right?