Reviews for The Substitute Teacher
Sailor Pandabear chapter 2 . 11/11/2012
cool
LolaKelley chapter 2 . 1/1/2012
I loved this story because Cordelia never got her chance with Doyle and not everyone remebers him. So Alt Universe is fine with me!
Stina Whatever chapter 2 . 2/17/2011
great story
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 2 . 1/9/2011
DAMN...

Short, but effective; nice job.

Apart from the obvious ‘anomaly’ of Angel not appearing in this story when he’s the whole reason Doyle came to Sunnydale in the first place, you really have an EXCELLENT bit of work here.

If nothing else, I LOVED the part where Cordelia was able to legitimately yell at Giles for omitting to mention the fact that demons could be good people after they’d spent the last few years operating on the ‘DemonEvil’ principle; for a topic that played an important part in “Angel” more than once, Buffy rarely encountered any demons that WEREN’T interested in killing others (That guy who tried to sell the group the Books of Ascension before Faith killed him doesn’t count; he might have been trying to get out of Sunnydale before the Ascension, but he generally gave the impression of doing that for reasons of fear rather than morality), so it’s good to see her forced to face the possibility that she might have made mistakes in the past.

Add in the rather intriguing enemy you had them facing in the story- ‘designer demons’ certainly make an interesting concept even before we learned who had created it and why-, the Scoobies’ slow but near-inevitable acceptance of Doyle’s willingness to help them, and Doyle and Cordelia’s intriguing conversation about how they aren’t the people they were when they learned about the supernatural but may have become who they were MEANT to be, and you created an excellent plot with a superb use of a character whose time in action was far too short for all involved.

It’s as that old saying goes; “the star that burns the brightest falls the soonest” (Or something like that, anyway), and Doyle’s time as a member of Angel Investigations definitely could have been longer.

Would it be asking too much for you to consider another story or two in this reality; the potential plot developments that could result from Doyle working with the Scoobies and Angel in Sunnydale- advance warning of events such as the Mayor’s acquisition of the Box of Gavrok springs immediately to mind- is BRILLIANT...
Penelope Anne Neptune chapter 2 . 11/24/2010
awww...thats such a cute ending.

And maybe Cordelia and Doyle would have actually gotten together :)

-Flower Child
Penelope Anne Neptune chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
This fanfic is looking great so far.

I am quite curious on how it will end...

-Flower Child
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 2 . 9/25/2010
Loved this so much. Loved the Scooby gang interacting with Doyle. It was very well written, particularly the final fight scene outside the school.

My favourite line was probably - "Why did you do that? He was nice! And you were... And I was sitting next to you! I'm now tainted as the associate of the class bad girl!" - love that line. It's so Willow.
Vi-Violence chapter 2 . 5/17/2010
I am of the firm belife that this needs to be continued.
maipigen chapter 2 . 2/9/2010
this is wonderful

i'm definitely favoriting

happy writing

ditte mai

denmark
crazybibliophile chapter 2 . 5/9/2009
aw. that's so adorable... I love this.
Alisha Ashton chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
I SO adored this - fantastically well written and a pleasure to read. And how yummy would it be to have Doyle as a teacher? *dazes out at thought*

It's been, oh, 8 YEARS since you wrote this but it was a wonderful AU and since I'm drumming up the Cordy/Doyle love in the (long since silent) fandom I wanted to let you know this piece is still being enjoyed immensely. Any other ideas sprouting for this pairing in your marvelously inventive imagination? Perhaps a oneshot that you never got to write? *grins hopefully* LOL

Thank you so much for sharing this! It's definitely going in my list of favorites ;)
the 85th writer chapter 2 . 12/30/2008
Whata wonderful AU! And so typically Doyle and Cordy :D I only wish there was more Angel in the fic too :P
j chapter 2 . 4/23/2008
Beautiful!
fred chapter 2 . 1/9/2008
Absolutely brilliant! Loved the story. Really well written
carpetinflight chapter 2 . 3/21/2007
This is a fantastic story. I know it's been up for a very long time, but I'm so glad I stumbled over it now. Love seeing the gang through Doyle's eyes, and all the possibilities involved in his presence in Sunnydale. I'll definitely be recommending this to others.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »