Reviews for The Substitute Teacher
finkpishnets chapter 2 . 7/19/2006
Brilliant! Utterly fantastic! Gosh I love Doyle and D/C has always been one of my favourite pairings so having this as an almost-canon-AU is excellent. Really well written, excting and a lovely bit of Scoobie bashing in their too (I've always preferred the Fang Gang ;) ).
Twilight Kitsune chapter 2 . 7/17/2006
Aw... if only. I miss Doyle. Anyway, awesome story. You even wove the witty banter in. Quite impressive. And um... yeah. I guess that's it. Awesome story. I'll go now before I hurt myself.

T.K.
Lauren chapter 2 . 6/18/2006
I loved this story. It was different and charming. I have been a Buffy fan from the beginning and graduated to Angel as well and it is clear that you are a huge fan of both as well. You wrote expertly and you did one of my favorite things that a fan fiction writer can do, you made the characters actually sound like they do when be written by their makers. My favorite aspect of your story is how you mirrored some moments from the actual. Whether you meant to do this or not, it was a nice touch. I look forward to another Doyle/ Cordelia fic perhaps maybe not as long.
Celebwen Telcontar chapter 2 . 4/20/2006
Well... I'd prefer it to be in the Angel sieries... but I'll take what I can get. This is good in any case, and you had Buffy reacting perfectly for herself in Third Season.

Celebwen Telcontar
katie farmer chapter 2 . 10/26/2005
that was a really great fic, you should do a sequel!

would you at least think about doing a sequel!
madamwolf chapter 2 . 6/10/2005
I luv this story you should make more chapters to it. But if you ask me you should have made Doyle neck break when he's all demon form and have him just snap it back together after about a minute. I luv it when that happens.
Carol J chapter 2 . 1/7/2005
I love stories about Doyle! Especially those where he doesn't die! Thanks for this great story!
otahyoni chapter 2 . 11/29/2004
As a recent discoverer of "Angel" and recent admirer of Doyle ("madly in love with" might be more appropriate), I was thrilled to find your story. A REAL plot, characters actually acting like themselves, and WRITING. Actual, good, funny (very funny), poignant writing. This is just what I wanted.
TheDarkOne8703 chapter 1 . 11/23/2004
This part was amazing, I love Cordelia and Doyle shipping and this was the best I've read by far. I'll continue reading it with high hopes.

TheDarkOne
Kaya333 chapter 1 . 8/7/2004
great story
TriscuitTheFlyingSnkCracker chapter 2 . 6/4/2004
*Man*! This is good, episode worthy stuff. I left another reivew on one of your stories, I think... 'City, Without.' there we go. I love Doyle fan fiction, because Doyle has got to be my favorite character in the entire Angelverse (Lorne could've given him a run for his money tho...) because Doyle was the most *human* of all the season 1 crowd. (Insert your own ironical statement here yourself, it's 12:50 at night over here and I don't feel clever.) He had character flaws that went on for light-years and shabby clothes to boot, but he was the man who you wanted to root for, he was the nice guy.

Well, we all know where nice guys finish.

God rest Glenn Quinn.
Jinako-chan chapter 2 . 3/17/2004
Oh, wow, I'm glad I decided to give this fic a read.
This is a great story, and it makes me wonder how things would've gone had Doyle taught at Sunnydale...plus just plain sad that both Doyle and Glenn Quinn are gone. Anyway, as for the fic - nice plot, and I liked the idea that Doyle would've been drawn to Sunnydale to find Angel (makes a lot of sense, IMHO). And your Doyle and Cordy were spot on, especially Doyle. (I loved the way he kept having to remind himself that Cordy was a student. Heh.)
And I was waiting the whole time to see when/if Doyle figured out that Xander eas Cordy's ex. The way you handled that scene was fab. I also liked the Doyle/Buffy and Doyle/Giles scenes...oh, and Cordy! She was great, too, though her huge switch from acting all super-bitch to Doyle from crushing on him was sudden, but it was well-done, so I don't mind. You also handled her reaction to the breakup with Xander and her position with the Scoobies very well, too.
Oh, and back to the plot - wonderful idea, making Doyle the suspect demon-killy-thing. That's something you'd expect to see an ep, which was cool (and I felt sorry Doyle).
The only bad things I can about this are - too bad Wes wasn't it, 'cause Doyle's reaction to his having the hots for Cordy would've been priceless, and too bad there's not a sequel!
anon chapter 2 . 3/31/2003
aw...that's so cute. I wish we could have seen something like that play out on the show. very nicely done.
jessy chapter 2 . 4/8/2001
it was great! i hope there's more! cordelia soooo does not get appreciation for some of the things she's done, so i'm glad u wrote that part about the monster and everything. and i LOVE doyle. his accent, his eyes and everything! he is sooo freakin' CUTE!
RenegadePhoenix chapter 2 . 3/10/2001
Very good! do you think you can continue on with this type of story line because i would love to read more AU stuff like this.
50 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »