Reviews for Bend It Like Weasley
I Want To Be Your Canary chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Okay, this is a fun idea, even if I can't take it too seriously. But it's not really supposed to be serious, is it? Hehehe.

Love the premise, and the dialogue. Pansy is veering into the realm of OOC, and Hermione is shown pretty consistently in the books as not being a Quidditch player even during friendly games at the Burrow, so I'm not really buying her as a player. I could see her as the team manager, though. I'm also a little unsure about some of your OCs; why make so many, especially ones related to canon characters whom are established pretty well as having a certain number of relatives (like the Malfoys)? There are plenty of other bit female characters that could be chosen, such as Daphne Greengrass, or you could have just made unrelated OCs. Buuut that's just me being nitpicky!

I also see in your author's note that this is going to be Ron/Hermione, but damned if you aren't making me want Blaise/Hermione to be a thing, and I don't even ship them.

I can't wait to see Draco's reaction to all of this.
shine lots chapter 12 . 2/18/2012
The dialogue between Harry and Ginny is absolutely fabulous! Why? Imagine in reality that someone HAD written to someone else's parents, on their behalf. They would be really worried about if they'd done the right thing, and they might seek to assure themselves that they had, by asking how the other person feels. When they see that the other person is crying, they would indeed react like Harry does, I think.

Harry comes into the conversation with the need/motivation/aim to discover if Ginny is happy to play on the team. The reader only picks up on the fact that Harry is behaving very much like a CHARACTER WITH AN AIM towards the end of the conversation, if at all. And it's easy to miss that Harry is acting in character, what with the more significant plot revelation that Ginny can now play on the team, and that Harry wrote home on her behalf. You deserve praise for giving Harry an aim, and generally making your characters great and realistic - because people have motives/aims in real life.

That is SO SO on point. I never would have realised for myself how someone should/would react in reality until I saw the words Harry spoke to Ginny here, so the fact that you captured something so true and realistic is astounding and FANTASTIC.
shine lots chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
You are AMAZING at dialogue. Absolutly inspiringly realistic, and you really create the characters through their dialogue - I totally believe that they are a group of teenage girls by what they are saying. You're so talented! FAntastic. Your dialogue is stellar.

I love how you paragraph your writing. You are so talented at delivering the punchline in a new paragraph and knowing when to do so. For example, here's one I like:

"It came when fifth year Chaser Ananda Malfoy said loudly, "Why would Draco want anything to do with us? My cousin's as biased as they come! We're girls – and Muggleborns, some of us – and some of us are Puffies and Gryffs." She shook back her blonde hair. Ananda was a Slytherin, and Draco's first cousin to boot. Still, there was no blatant disrespect in her tone. One of the rules strictly enforced was that House boundaries were not observed or taken into consideration during practice. Any breaking of this rule led almost assuredly led to removal from the team.

Bottom Line: Intolerance was not tolerated."
Diana Prallon chapter 22 . 2/12/2012
Just finished reading your story for the first time, and found it extremely good - a fresh perspective. Of course, one can feel the differences between when you first started and your early chapters, pre-OotP; but it doesn't make the story any less powerful. I loved how you mingled the canon with your universe, and the only thing I was left wishing for was the promised R/Hr that sunk in favor for Blaise/Hermione. Still! Wonderful job. Well done. Congratulations.
elleblack14 chapter 22 . 12/26/2011
Just finished my yearly reading...I'm crying at this sheer awesomeness, it just gets better every time.
Lote22 chapter 10 . 12/14/2011
Omg... When Hermione said colour coated charts all I could think about was when her and Draco got all excited about them in Potter vs Malfoy... Lol. I absolutely love you and your writing, Wars End is one of my favourites and Im definetely highly enjoying this one as well! You are simply spectacular... Absolutely brilliant!
Saphira.Flametongue chapter 22 . 8/2/2011
I just want to say that this is the most amazing Harry Potter story I've ever heard! I read the whole thing in two sittings and I just couldn't stop. Brilliant (:
Dranius chapter 22 . 7/17/2011
wow. That was breath taking. I just kept reading and reading and reading with a hunger and enthusiasm i had not felt since i'd read for the first time JK's original fiction age 11. If you do not have your original works published i shall cry.

Thank you for allowing me to live this excitement again and for creating such beautiful genius characters who are so human it's a blessing. I have no words. I felt like i lived every fight and setback as a part of the team. i hated ananda with them, i was scared for jools. I flew and i fought with them.

Again, i must insist you and this story are pure genius. Any hp fanfiction library cannot be complete without this beauty.

Your truely; ever admiring;

Dranius
Homerunhitter chapter 22 . 6/14/2011
AWWWWWWWWWWWW! I am so bummed it is over but OH MY GOD IT WAS AMAZING!
xox Karen xox chapter 22 . 5/5/2011
TOTALLY EMENSE! I LOVED IT! :) XX BEST STORY EVER! :) sooooo hilarious, i think i actually died! :) weldone!
she wants to move chapter 22 . 4/30/2011
you're an inspiration :)
bball fanatic chapter 22 . 4/20/2011
oh my gosh AMAZING! i legit could not stop reading this, and when i wasnt on the computer, i was plotting ways to get back on... my computer got messed up halfway through reading this story and it was absolute torture not being able to read it! but i found a way and u did not disappoint :D can't wait to read some of your other stuff!
fireboltas2000 chapter 3 . 3/7/2011
There are no words for this.

Except.