Reviews for The Blue Rose Sword Hero
Kensei-1085 chapter 3 . 3/3/2020
Huh, so Kirin is the reincarnation of Yuuki Konno? Neat, at least we get why she knows how to do sword skills like that. Though I do kind of want to know how the Toudou family came to be. Considering Japanese names like hers aren't that common in Rising of the Shield Hero and I'm curious if the sword skills she has is something only she has or is it something that had been introduced since her family came about. And does that mean there are those who knows how to do sword skills in the Rising of the Shield Hero world?

The mindscape scene with Alice and Eugeo was pretty cute. Now for Naofumi, the best that Eugeo can do for the Shield Hero is to help him in an indirect way.
Shiroyasha Rises chapter 3 . 3/3/2020
I like how Alice helps Eugeo on ways to increase his stats, especially the use of absorbing the same material to increase the mastery of the swords he has and gaining permanent stat bonuses.

The talk with Kirin was nice, I mean sure it wasn't like Eugeo was going to go full investigation mode on what was happening with Melromarc and how the King and Queen rule over it. But at least he had someone to explain it to him. Though Kirin being Yuuki's reincarnate is a surprise, although regarding the appearance of Yuuki before her terminal disease, you could actually see an art of her real life self if you look at the SAO wiki on Yuuki Konno's Gallery.

The part where Eugeo heard about the demi-human women and children taken in as slave, that was him coming close to trigger the requirement of the Curse series, wasn't it?

For Naofumi's trial? I don't think that Eugeo can help him in a way that doesn't screw himself over as well. But at least he managed to give him certain items that can help in the long run.
SentinelPrimeKnightOfCybertron chapter 3 . 3/3/2020
Yuuki! Good to see you again. Will we be getting any other reincarnated SAO characters like Sachi, Yuna, or Kayaba?
Clever move on Eugeo’s part. He knows that openly protesting the situation wouldn’t help and plays along while secretly helping Naofumi.
Guest chapter 2 . 2/29/2020
Ignore what the idiot Kian Xki said, he just called Eugeo an OC when he is an actual character. Also he doesn't even know what he is talking about at all.

And this is still the beginning, Eugeo doesn't fully know what the world he is in is like nor does he know what the resentment for the shield hero is about. And the point of the test was to see how competent the adventurers that the King hired are. And most of them are really pathetic.

There was a decent one like Rino as she couldn't why people kept on putting Naofumi down but then the Bitch decided to leave her into slavery. Motoyasu is too busy thinking of his dick and doing his white knight crap, and Itsuki has the worst ego that he actually takes in praises of being a hero than actually becoming one himself.
Terra chapter 2 . 2/29/2020
If Yuuki is there, then maybe she can teach Eugeo how to do Original Sword Skills or something like that.
dj max chapter 2 . 2/29/2020
I wonder if it is possible for Eugeo to get a Dual Wield?
Yevon chapter 2 . 2/27/2020
Seeing that Naofumi learns the Combat Skill, I wonder if that would allow him to properly learn and use the Martial Art of Rising of the Shield Hero, the Hengen Musou style?
Kian Xki chapter 2 . 2/29/2020
While i am not bothered by age change you should remember that changing character traits to make a pairing will lower the quality of a story, with an OC-SI and the gender flipped protagonist as the main example

A 13 years old following him around like a Master-Apprentice would make sense, the feeling of love from said apprentice to her kind teacher gives you more material when said teacher has to deal with his love interest having a tag of [WARNING, do NOT touch, ILLEGAL] attached

The same will apply to the spirit in the sword, but has a more important reason for the child form would be the lack of years of traumatic experiences

The fact is that said spirit could have retained her childish appearance but finally become an adult when gaining a new body, by having a fast growth by assimilation of experience, something similar to Raphtalia or any other convenient and unexpected reason

The real complain would be the pointless drama, your character was able to notice the reactions of others but at no point did he attempt to do anything or even warn Naofumi

It was a heavy use of your power as an author and to prevent this flaw, you should chose between action or ignorance, the MC is the reader's window to this world, knowledge and inaction will annoy the readers

It is a common flaw that gets repetitive

the testing of his companions could be done better, he was far too aware of their skill level and the only good one was the waifu

A waifu that was an OC at said point

Lessen the focus on the girl while taking at least one more person (male) in the party gives it cloud to hide your pairing

Do not forget that ship teasting, the new girl is a lesbian wanting to steal your waifu, the beautiful victim has a boyfriend that she loves dearly, the inn keepwer is married, your best friend is her type and so fort

A thousand and reasons for why your MC does not get the girl will add deep to the story
FATEMURDER chapter 2 . 2/29/2020
I'm surprised no girl try to flirt with Eugeo, especially that stinking bitch.
Eugeo like the most handsome guy in SAO, well I guess Kirito is also handsome but that is not important. My point is that Eugeo is both handsome and a hero of Sword who in this evil country regarded as God. I thought more girl will try to call out to him.
Fox McCloude chapter 2 . 2/29/2020
Well, this is rather interesting. It's a bit sad that there's not much in the SAO/Rising of the Shield Hero crossover library yet, but this looks very promising. Nice idea using Eugeo instead of Kirito, that's a more original twist and would definitely change a lot the dynamic. I also like the idea of him having Alice's soul in the sword to help guide him, he really will need the support and company (of sorts) considering the kind of world he's just gotten himself into it.

I've always wondered how could things have gone for Naofumi if he had someone on his side, but most of the crossover stories I've read don't play that aspect that much, only being predictable rehashes of the original story with minor touch ups here and there. Here's hoping this one won't go down the same path.

My only complain/criticism, is that I've noticed that you seem to switch back and forth between present and past tense in the narration. It's rather minor, and while it doesn't detract from the story itself, you should probably polish that detail. Just saying.

Overall, I'd say this is a good beginning to a potentally good story. I'll be keeping an eye on it.
Guest chapter 2 . 2/26/2020
Don't rip off Erhard by coping his weapon and not buying it in the future.
Rando Guy 011 chapter 2 . 2/26/2020
Another splendid chapter! Great job! I also can’t wait to see Naofumi get a better head start than cannon with our resident Best-Bud! Absorbing materials. Getting exclusive (Shield) Combat Skills, knowing he has a friend to support him in the inevitable False-crime he’ll be charged with...

Also, just a strange idea, but I can totally imagine Eugeo having a strong Ice-Magic and Sword-Magic affinity if he gets scanned by those magic-Identifying crystals.
Also, I would imagine Alice would save up FP to buy some skill that allows her Weapon-Copy a sword from Egeos’ memories to become his Blue Rose Sword! It could be called something like [Fluctlight Memory Sword Manifestation]!
Evan chapter 2 . 2/26/2020
Alice should always be the top girl. As she is someone that Eugeo cared for the most and was determined to save her and when got to reunite with her when he died. So honestly Eugeo would spend a lot of time with Alice before he would even notice the feeling of other girls who would take an interest in him. Heck I think he would do what he can to get Alice her body.
Guest chapter 2 . 2/26/2020
Seeing Kirin Toudou, makes me wonder if you would have any other characters from other anime.
Kerry chapter 2 . 2/26/2020
I wouldn’t mind seeing Yuuki in the story, maybe include certain characters that only appeared in the video games of SAO, like Philia who first appeared in the Hollow Fragment game.
1,002 | « Prev Page 1 .. 54 61 62 63 64 65 66 .. Last Next »