Reviews for A Poisoned Chalice
SilverJoJo chapter 46 . 8h
Ending at such a cliffhanger? Naughty. I really did enjoy the chapter though, as much as I love your action scenes, moments like these where it's the characters talking and trading philosophies are excellent too, especially because you make the dialogues and trains of thought feel natural, really looking for the next chapter.
Tempanon chapter 46 . 6/8
Huh, wonder how a geis interfaces with a Command Spell.
NaraSadow chapter 46 . 6/6
compelling
max305 chapter 46 . 6/5
Ohhh boy, if what Serenity was treading on the moment she made the decision of gambling everything was thin ice, then where is she standing now, exactly?
And I feel like I'm repeating myself here, but I really like how you've characterized Kirei up to this point - alongside the pointed similarities with Assassin, whether those were intentional on her part to get him to do what she wants or not; his modus operandi and his changing mindset feel like a natural progression, and I've been thoroughly enjoying the bits you've been dropping here and there.

Hope you're keeping well, friend, and I wish you a good June.
D.N.Works chapter 46 . 6/5
we're back and dang! Unless, as Lancer puts it, Assassin is lying super-duper well, then technically what Assassin is doing isn't a betrayal. No, she does wants Kiritsugu's dream world, so nobody suffers as she did, even if wishing for it is tougher as Kirei imagines.

Regardless, even if Assassin wants this world, thus works alongside Kritsugu, she also has no qualms ditching him and working with Kirei since at the end, it doesn't matter who makes the wish of peace, just that it happens, even if it means betraying her Master. I LOVE it!
This is a really well done story! The concept is not new, however, the way you executed the story is breathtaking. The various Servants you chose for them, the way they interact with each other is fantastic. I did feel that you had slightly buffed Assassin a slight bit when you showed off the cool side of her, but it is a nice change for once, as long as it isn't overdone. After all, the Assassin class is always mocked to be the weakest, they've always been hyped to being Master killers but always failing to deliver on that, so seeing a Hassan that is not the First or the ones from Strange Fake doing actual work makes me root for her.
SilverJoJo chapter 45 . 2/27
Another great chapter, it's good that Sakura finally manages to be with her family again even if she is traumatized, also seems like Lancer finally got a slight nerf meaning Kiritsugu has one shot at this... But we'll have to wait to see how this all goes down and I'm very much looking forward to it.
D.N.Works chapter 45 . 2/20
Nice to see Rider picking up Sakura like a cool big sis. A scary one to, to much own giggling pleasure as she threw a likely unsaintly smile at those nasty talks.

As Sakura said, Rider can be scary.

And while Tokiomi is about to meet Kariya for what's be a mess, Kirei meets Assassin once more. This should be a fine talk.
Tempanon chapter 44 . 1/22
Wondering if this is really a trick Kiritsugu will miss.
max305 chapter 44 . 12/26/2023
You bring an interesting turn of events with this particular premise, but the real question is; will Serenity's intentions succeed, and later pay off? With Sakura's probable testimony and Risei's intervention she may just get lucky to make Kiritsugu's wish seem genuine and worth fighting for to the opposing party.

Also I took Irisviel's words to Assassin as a huge red herring the first time, and this only served to cement that belief lol.

Thank you for the chapter, have a good one!
D.N.Works chapter 44 . 12/25/2023
Yep, there it is, disobedience. But made to help the one she follows, for the chance to turn this war around. Whether it works, I suppose we'll soon find out.
SilverJoJo chapter 43 . 12/18/2023
Another great chapter, hopefully Karyia can have his final moments with Sakura and the others and that Tokiomi and Zouken will destroy each other... Except it's never that simple, especially if Risei and his executor buddies have anything to say about it, but in general I just really enjoyed this chapter and it's a nice break from action by once again setting up the board and which direction the pieces will move.
max305 chapter 43 . 12/16/2023
Great chapters, thank you so much for the time you take to write this.
D.N.Works chapter 43 . 12/16/2023
Well, Kariya is a goner. But it seems he'll use his final card to spite the two he hates the most. Hopefully he gets this one good talk before he dies off.

As for Tokiomi, well, guess we'll see how he reacts if he does accept. Especially Rider.