Reviews for A Rain Cloud in a Stormy Sky
Misabeth chapter 17 . 7/9
A great and good written story!
Please consider to continue, I would love to read about the first meeting between Ivy and Xenox and how Ivys involvement affects the ring battles if they happen...
Misabeth
mndstjohn chapter 17 . 6/28
I like the story, but I don't need to know every time you change a word or two around.
CAD270895 chapter 17 . 6/19
Please update soon
Lady Logos chapter 17 . 6/18
Excellent story so far and definitely different from the many others around. Really well written and the plot and characters are logical with clear progression. all in all well done
Almighty Stalker chapter 17 . 6/14
Greatly enjoyed reading this and hope that you continue. Had to read a second time to realise Ivy was a rainy cloud. For some reason my brain took her using rain flames as being a splintered sky or something
cowchoas chapter 17 . 5/23
nice story i want some more
also i wonder if Mammon will end up being member of the black family that is though to be dead
LoubellRose chapter 17 . 4/19
I love love love loooooooove it. So so so very happy there was an update. I try and keep an eye on the different fanfics I'm reading but I sometimes can't. It sucks especially if I forget the name to one. Again super happy and I can't wait to read more.
LBR
quaff chapter 17 . 4/12
This is a wonderful story that I’ve read many times. Ty for writing it.
Selenity84 chapter 17 . 4/10
Love the story!
SpaideZ chapter 1 . 4/9
Just a Spade casually passing by
Lucky Guard chapter 17 . 4/4
I just found this story and I absolutely loved it. I can't wait until ivy and xanxus meet. It will be epic. I've also pictured ivy going against hibari in the ring conflict. (He would probably be turned on by a strong female cloud beating him) I can't wait to read the next chapter.
Please update soon
Lill E D chapter 17 . 3/26
Love it. Please update soon
Reina36 chapter 17 . 3/22
love this! Excited for Ivy to meet Xanxus
ChaoticInscriber chapter 6 . 3/21
If I may offer an addendum to the recurring concerns about being able to detect the Horcrux due to it's small scale?
It's never entirely clear in the canon if the formation of a Horcrux severs only a fragment of a soul or sunders it entirely in half. If you speculate it is an approximate halving, perhaps the marginally larger half remaining in the original body as part of the preparations for better stability, then the math alone makes Ivy's scar-crux only about 1/64th of a whole soul, at most, depending on where exactly one places it in the timeline of creations, maybe even 1/128th.
That is indeed a Very Small Portion of soul. Add to the strong possibility that said soul did not in fact ever awaken/activate it's Flames? That's 1/64th or 1/128th of a Latent's soul. Really, Really not much to be detected by Flames alone, especially by a Flame wielder who has never encountered Magic at all to try and develop a sense of it in the first place (should that even be possible, which by the wording of Mammon's discovery is unlikely).
(This also makes the Diary the piece of Voldemort most likely to be at least nominally sane, being the largest remaining piece, but decades trapped in a Diary probably did him no favors on top of being a hormonal stressed out angsty Dark Lord Wannabe Teenager.)
Should there be a way to only sever a smaller portion of soul off, then the accidental nature of the incident also would likely leave it even smaller than intended, perhaps too small to have remained without dissipating and fading had it not been trapped by Lily's protections...?

So yes, altogether it makes sense for it to be entirely possible for Mammon to detect it with Magic but Lussaria's deep Flame scans to have missed it.